Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

115th Congress. In Bridge, Can Hearts be Trumped? In Spades!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 115th Congress. In Bridge, Can Hearts be Trumped? In Spades!

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    My dad always likes to tell the story of when he was coming home from Georgia in the mid-1980s. He was in the ticket line at the airport in Atlanta, and the airline lady asked him where he was headed to. He told her he was headed back home to North Dakota, and the lady paused for a bit and then asked "isn't that right next to Alaska?" Needless to say, my dad was a bit concerned that he would never make it home.

Also, I was just asked on Tuesday by an attorney here in Colorado of whether I was from Canada...based solely on how I said the word "about."
    There is a "25 year old Canadian" joke in there somewhere
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      So, Roy Moore claimed earlier this week that Sharia law is happening in the Midwest.

It'd be funny if 30+% of 'Bama's voters didn't take him seriously.
      We'd be remiss not to include the actual quote, which is great:

Jeff Stein: Which American communities are under Sharia law? When did they fall under Sharia law?

Roy Moore: Well, there's Sharia law, as I understand it, in Illinois, Indiana — up there. I don't know.

Jeff Stein: That seems like an amazing claim for a Senate candidate to make.

Roy Moore: Well, let me just put it this way — if they are, they are; if they're not, they're not. That doesn't matter. Oklahoma tried passing a law restricting Sharia law, and it failed. Do you know about that?

Jeff Stein: No, I don't.
      Roy Moore is raping puppies. I have no proof, but if he is, he is; if he's not, he's not.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
        My dad always likes to tell the story of when he was coming home from Georgia in the mid-1980s. He was in the ticket line at the airport in Atlanta, and the airline lady asked him where he was headed to. He told her he was headed back home to North Dakota, and the lady paused for a bit and then asked "isn't that right next to Alaska?"
        The greatest off the cuff witticism I ever heard was from a waitress in South Dakota in 1988. My best friend and I were driving cross-country and stopped into a diner. She asked where we were traveling and I said "We started in New York City and we're driving to San Francisco." Literally without missing a beat she said, "Well if I was you I'd have started later and I'd finish sooner."
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
          We'd be remiss not to include the actual quote, which is great:
          "One o' them 'I' states..."

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
            I've flat out told people in Florida that I was from Minnesota, and then they asked what part of Canada? I was a teenager at the time, so I may have missed some subtle joke, but I sincerely doubt it.
            was prolly a kidder
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Blake Farenthold, you sir are no Jim Cantore.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                Blake Farenthold, you sir are no Jim Cantore.

He's waiting for Susan Collins to show up for their duel.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Found this in a serial I'm reading:
                  Mr. Sarcastic: Nothing, you well know, is so rare as the coincidence of theory and practice. A man who “will go through fire and water to serve a friend” in words, will not give five guineas to save him from famine. A poet will write Odes to Independence, and become the obsequious parasite of any great man who will hire him. A burgess will hold up one hand for purity of election, while the price of his own vote is slyly dropped into the other. I need not accumulate instances ... This then is my system. I ascertain the practice of those I talk to, and present it to them as from myself, in the shape of theory: the consequence of which is, that I am universally stigmatised as a promulgator of rascally doctrines. Thus I said to Sir Oliver Oilcake, “When I get into Parliament I intend to make the sale of my vote as notorious as the sun at noon-day. I will have no rule of right, but my own pocket. I will support every measure of every administration, even if they ruin half the nation for the purpose of restoring the Great Lama, or of subjecting twenty millions of people to be hanged, drawn, and quartered at the pleasure of the man-milliner of Mahomet’s mother. I will have ship-loads of turtle and rivers of Madeira for myself, if I send the whole swinish multitude to draft and husks.” (Melincourt, chapter xxi)
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

https://www.infowars.com/air-force-v...ending-antifa/

Comment

When Congress is lifetime employment, you kill your farm system.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/201...S6L/story.html
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

• Read that Congress will not block SNAP recipients from buying candy and soda/pop.
                        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                        Patreon for exclusive writing content
                        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

I think they're crazy.

@ajplus: BREAKING: House votes to strike Obama regulation on background checks that sought to prevent those w/ mental disorders from owning a gun.
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I'm sure Drew or Flag will be along shortly to explain, again, why this is a good thing because "slippery slope", or "what mental conditions would apply and who would make the call?", or "liberal doctors could use this to punish conservative patients by falsely diagnosing them with MDD", or whatever. #2A above all else, no matter what.

Comment

Elie Mystal says it all.

And so there is an opportunity here. The only reason President Obama pushed through DACA with an executive order is because Republicans in Congress decided that black men don’t get to be president. Well, now Obama is gone. Congressional Republicans don’t have the excuse of standing up to Kenyans. Now we have a chance of getting DACA through normal legislation, which is how our system is supposed to work in the first place.

Obama saved Republicans from taking a tough vote that pitted basic human decency against the rabid bigotry of their base. Trump has now screwed Republicans who don’t want to be known as the party who deports children, but also don’t want to **** off white guys who lack empathy.

Congress can’t “save” DACA so much as they can DO THEIR JOB and reform our immigration policies so that children who were brought here by their parents are not EXILED back to a country they don’t remember living in.

Donald Trump is keeping his campaign promise to racists. They’re going to love him for it. Congressional Republicans can go buy some tiki torches and join the party, OR they can risk ****ing off their base to do the right thing.

I’m sure it’s a tough choice for them. And I bet that right now, they wish they had Barack Obama back. He did a lot to cover their asses.
                              Cornell University
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Good ol' Republican courage.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X