Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

115th Congress. In Bridge, Can Hearts be Trumped? In Spades!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 115th Congress. In Bridge, Can Hearts be Trumped? In Spades!

Susan Collins is going to announce next week if she is going to run for governor of Maine. If she does, I think that seat will be a possible Democrat pickup. Paul LePage will appoint someone pretty awful to replace her. Or I guess she could stay in the senate until she was sworn in as Governor (the article linked below says that the Maine Constitution would allow her to keep her senate seat until she is sworn in as Governor), but I don't see how she could run a campaign and then put together an administration while still serving in the senate so I'm not sure she would do that just to keep LePage from appointing someone to replace her.

http://www.pressherald.com/2017/10/0...nor-next-week/
    Last edited by BassAle; 10-05-2017, 08:55 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post
      Susan Collins is going to announce next week if she is going to run for governor of Maine. If she does, I think that seat will be a possible Democrat pickup. Paul LePage will appoint someone pretty awful to replace her. Or I guess she could stay in the senate until she was sworn in as Governor (the article linked below says that the Maine Constitution would allow her to keep her senate seat until she is sworn in as Governor), but I don't see how she could run a campaign and then put together an administration while still serving in the senate so I'm not sure she would do that just to keep LePage from appointing someone to replace her.

what if LePage appoints himself?
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
        It's a direct quote from The Simpsons.
        The application here is the key.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post

The Senate doesn't work often enough where she really wouldn't need to leave until she's won election, tbh
          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
            The Associated Press‏Verified account @AP

BREAKING: GOP Rep. Tim Murphy of Pennsylvania, caught up in affair scandal, announces plans to retire at end of term.

The rare literal “abortions for some, miniature american flags for others,”
            Great FARK headline: Tim Murphy (R-PA) is leaving Congress to spend more time with one of his families

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

And now he resigned immediately.
              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                And now he resigned immediately.
                I am sure he prayed and God told him his calling was to be closer to home.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  I am sure he prayed and God told him his calling was to be closer to home.
                  And when I returned the wife and the kids were gone.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    And when I returned the wife and the kids were gone.
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sc5iTNVEOAg
                    Cornell University
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

When Democrats field candidates to challenge a Congresswoman who won her district by 35 points in 2016...they're not sending their best.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        When Democrats field candidates to challenge a Congresswoman who won her district by 35 points in 2016...they're not sending their best.
                        What am I supposed to be looking for here?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                          What am I supposed to be looking for here?
                          That Democrats at the local level can be just as derpy as Republicans?

Comment

These guys have been on fire lately.

COLUMBUS, OH—Marveling at how well preserved the archaic opinions were, a team of archaeologists from the Smithsonian Institution announced Thursday the discovery of a fully intact 17th-century belief system in Ohio congressman Jim Jordan (R-OH). “It’s just extraordinary to come across a perspective that dates back to the the mid-1600s and shows absolutely no signs of decay,” said Dr. Claire Goedde, explaining that while it’s not uncommon to encounter partial remains of convictions from that era, it’s exceedingly rare to recover a specimen this pristine. “All the 400-year-old viewpoints remain almost completely untouched, from religion’s place in society to the rights of women to the attitude toward science.
                            Cornell University

Comment

The congressional pharmacist speaks...

“At first it’s cool, and then you realize, I’m filling some drugs that are for some pretty serious health problems as well. And these are the people that are running the country,” Kim said, listing treatments for conditions like diabetes and Alzheimer’s.

“It makes you kind of sit back and say, ‘Wow, they’re making the highest laws of the land and they might not even remember what happened yesterday.'”

Comment

Who knew God paid so well? RE: Roy Moore. Yikes.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/inves...=.33b2cf7d4096
                                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Working...
                                X