The Cricket Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Cricket Thread

England blows South Africa out of the water by 9 wickets.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      England blows South Africa out of the water by 9 wickets.
      A record for fewest wickets in a T20I. I'm not really sure what was going on with AB today.

Happy to see Bairstow with another good knock. Across all forms of the game very few batsmen have as good of record since the start of 2015 as him.
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
        A record for fewest wickets in a T20I. I'm not really sure what was going on with AB today.

Happy to see Bairstow with another good knock. Across all forms of the game very few batsmen have as good of record since the start of 2015 as him.
        AB was not AB in the IPL, either. I'm thinking the injury he had over winter has upset his game.

My Royal Challengers had all three stars banged up in the last IPL and it led to last place.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

USA expelled from ICC.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/conte...y/1105349.html
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

No, it wasn't the USA, it was the USACA. They had been the governing body up until about five years ago when a renegade organization, ACF, came about. Some leagues are aligned with USACA, some with ACF, and some with neither. Getting rid of the USACA is a very good thing and will hopefully allow the US to move forward.

Comment

In other big ICC news, ROI and Afghanistan are now full members and can play test cricket. I'm a big Afghanistan fan and it's exciting to see them get test status. It's one of the most heart warming sports stories this century. They absolutely LOVE their cricket.

Comment

In other big ICC news, ROI and Afghanistan are now full members and can play test cricket. I'm a big Afghanistan fan and it's exciting to see them get test status. It's one of the most heart warming sports stories this century. They absolutely LOVE their cricket.
                I want to see the 1st Afghanistan - Pakistan test. Hopefully Willow or ESPN3 cover it.

And I typed USACA. Flippin spell checker!
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I want to see the 1st Afghanistan - Pakistan test. Hopefully Willow or ESPN3 cover it.

And I typed USACA. Flippin spell checker!
                  That will be a lot of fun! Hopefully one of those and not Bein or that other new one.

It will be interesting what happens with the new US board. Hopefully whatever it is has a strong American influence and not just ex-pats. For cricket here to be successful we need to do it our own way and not try to replicate other countries.

Comment

Blowers is retiring after the test against WI at Lords. My dear old thing you will be sorely missed.

Comment

England lose second test at Trent Bridge against South Africa by 340 runs. The worst part is Rabada didn't even play. There is a lot of work to be done before the Ashes.

Comment

England lose second test at Trent Bridge against South Africa by 340 runs. The worst part is Rabada didn't even play. There is a lot of work to be done before the Ashes.
                        What Ashes? The Australian players and management are embroiled in a pay dispute that is getting ugly.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

What Ashes? The Australian players and management are embroiled in a pay dispute that is getting ugly.
                          A desperate situation no doubt. CA has really stepped in it and at this point I don't think there is any trust between the two organizations. Hopefully it gets resolved soon and the series can go forward.

Comment

The South African women are following in the footsteps of the S.A. men with a heartbreaking last Wicket loss in the World Cup semifinals.

Capitals and Nationals fans should embrace the Proteas.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

What international cricket players make:

http://www.thecricketmonthly.com/sto...hat-in-cricket
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

What international cricket players make:

http://www.thecricketmonthly.com/sto...hat-in-cricket
                                The real money is from domestic T20 comps and endorsements. I believe MSD and Kohli each make over $20MM a year.

Comment

Working...
                                X