The Cricket Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Cricket Thread

Anyone who tries a mankad should be banned from cricket for life http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/...-controversial
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
      The real money is from domestic T20 comps and endorsements. I believe MSD and Kohli each make over $20MM a year.
      The estimated Kohli $$$ are in a link in the article.

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/sto...13__VIRATKOHLI
      Last edited by joecct; 10-19-2017, 05:10 PM.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Anyone who tries a mankad should be banned from cricket for life http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/...-controversial
        Hey if you leave your crease early you can be put out. The batter can be stumped the non striker gets Mankad.

At least you have to warn before the Mankad.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
          Hey if you leave your crease early you can be put out. The batter can be stumped the non striker gets Mankad.

At least you have to warn before the Mankad.
          Was the batsman actually warned? I think in a lot of cases they aren't actually leaving early. It's the bowler stopping that has them out of the popping crease. I personally wouldn't play for or support a team that did that. Hitting an underhand serve in tennis is legal but there is a reason you hardly ever see people do it. Mankading irrationally irritates me for whatever reason.

Comment

Was the batsman actually warned? I think in a lot of cases they aren't actually leaving early. It's the bowler stopping that has them out of the popping crease. I personally wouldn't play for or support a team that did that. Hitting an underhand serve in tennis is legal but there is a reason you hardly ever see people do it. Mankading irrationally irritates me for whatever reason.
            I think the spirit of the game says you do. The link quality is not particularly good, but Chris Gayle demonstrates.

https://youtu.be/2--f6dBdibc
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I think the spirit of the game says you do. The link quality is not particularly good, but Chris Gayle demonstrates.

https://youtu.be/2--f6dBdibc
              Yeah, historically that was always the case, but I believe it has changed in the last couple years. It's embarrassing and should stop, at least at FC level.

Comment

Anyone staying up tonight!? I'm pretty excited and nervous. I can't imagine Steve Smith slept very well last night.

Comment

Anyone staying up tonight!? I'm pretty excited and nervous. I can't imagine Steve Smith slept very well last night.
                  Me! Then around 1am I'll listen to Aussie radio via the cricket Australia app.

Smith should have enforced the follow on, but I have faith in Nathan Lyon.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Me! Then around 1am I'll listen to Aussie radio via the cricket Australia app.

Smith should have enforced the follow on, but I have faith in Nathan Lyon.
                    Did you see 'Gary' get drilled in the face last night? That was a great bouncer from Broady. I didn't realize you were an Australia supporter.

Do you listen to ABC or Triple M? Sometimes i'll listen to ABC and watch on willow with the sound muted. Jim Maxwell is one of the great voices in sport and Buck Rogers, as you would expect, is doing a great job with analysis.

Comment

Did you see 'Gary' get drilled in the face last night? That was a great bouncer from Broady. I didn't realize you were an Australia supporter.

Do you listen to ABC or Triple M? Sometimes i'll listen to ABC and watch on willow with the sound muted. Jim Maxwell is one of the great voices in sport and Buck Rogers, as you would expect, is doing a great job with analysis.
                      ABC. And that was a grill job.

Willow's ROKU app wants me to revalidate every time I switch devices from the family room to the bedroom.

BTW, Willow showed upon my cable system in 2013, so my first exposure to the Ashes was the 5-0 Aussie blowout in the 13-14 series. Mitch Johnson became a favourite. Then, because Willow is subcontinent based, I saw a lot of India and Pakistan and the IPL became a staple in the spring.
                      Last edited by joecct; 12-05-2017, 06:54 PM.
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

ABC. And that was a grill job.

Willow's ROKU app wants me to revalidate every time I switch devices from the family room to the bedroom.

BTW, Willow showed upon my cable system in 2013, so my first exposure to the Ashes was the 5-0 Aussie blowout in the 13-14 series. Mitch Johnson became a favourite. Then, because Willow is subcontinent based, I saw a lot of India and Pakistan and the IPL became a staple in the spring.
                        One of my theories in life is that you can't sing the 'Mitchell Johnson song' and not have a smile on your face. It honestly derailed his career for awhile but he got his revenge during that horrible series. It's too bad you didn't start watching earlier as you missed a lot of great players who retired in the five or so years leading up to when you got started.

Comment

Australia completes the Ashes sweep of England 4-0 (1 drawn). The Urn returns to Oz.

I believe they do it again this summer in Blighty.
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Australia completes the Ashes sweep of England 4-0 (1 drawn). The Urn returns to Oz.

I believe they do it again this summer in Blighty.
                            England play Pakistan and India at home this summer. The next Ashes series is summer of 2019. The world cup is that summer in England as well.

Comment

there are pick up games all around here on the weekends. kinda cool.
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Cheating!

http://deadsp.in/MAGEgMB
                                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Working...
                                X