X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Commits & Recruiting: 2017 and Beyond

Originally posted by Lemonade View Post
    I believe Gildon was speaking about the Wisconsin coaching change. I am positive Gildon is aware that Umile won't be the one coaching for a majority of his time at UNH.
    Without a doubt he is aware...am glad he's coming looking forward! Thanks for the comprehensive look at our newest 'Cat C-H-C!!
    Last edited by HockeyRef; 03-13-2017, 07:06 PM.
    Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by New Hampshire 'Cats Fan View Post
      C-H-C,

Based on the following statements within the article:

"Mike Lowry ("C-H-C"): Congratulations on your commitment to play for the University of New Hampshire. What are the main reasons you chose UNH?

Max Gildon: The coaches, the campus and the people around the program just sold me on UNH.

Lowry: A year ago, you verbally committed to the University of Wisconsin. What factors entered into your decision to reopen your college search?

Gildon: The feeling I got after the coaching change was suspicious and I wanted somewhere that has a great history of hockey like UNH does. I also wanted to go to a smaller college."

Do you think Gildon would be a risk to decommit from UNH if Umile stepped down and there were some coaching changes at UNH?
      Also, the issue with Wisconsin is the entire coaching staff was released, including whoever recruited him. Unless a major change has come about Umile did not recruit Gildon to UNH and I agree that he has to be aware of the situation here so I do not think there is much of a risk of that happening.

Comment

Originally posted by New Hampshire 'Cats Fan View Post
        C-H-C,

Based on the following statements within the article:

"Mike Lowry ("C-H-C"): Congratulations on your commitment to play for the University of New Hampshire. What are the main reasons you chose UNH?

Max Gildon: The coaches, the campus and the people around the program just sold me on UNH.

Lowry: A year ago, you verbally committed to the University of Wisconsin. What factors entered into your decision to reopen your college search?

Gildon: The feeling I got after the coaching change was suspicious and I wanted somewhere that has a great history of hockey like UNH does. I also wanted to go to a smaller college."

Do you think Gildon would be a risk to decommit from UNH if Umile stepped down and there were some coaching changes at UNH?
        Max Gildon committed to Wisconsin in February, 2016. At the time, Mike Eaves was the head coach and Luke Strand and JB Bittner were the assistant coaches. Eaves was fired in early March, 2016. In late March, 2016, Wisconsin announced the hiring of Tony Granato as head coach and Mark Osiecki and Don Granato as associate head coaches. Gildon remained committed to Wisconsin until December, 2016 - 8 months after Granato and his associates took over.
        The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

"UNH Commits Update: March-18-2017"
          Player Spotlight on James Miller & Charlie Kelleher
          Includes video highlights

Comment

"UNH Commits Update: March-29-2017"
            Player Spotlight on Benton Maass, Charlie Kelleher, & Lucas Bahn
            Includes video highlights

Comment

• Ho hum, Benton Maass. Souza seems to have found a pretty nice defenseman, late.
              3 games, 2 goals, 1 assist by Maass in the NAHL this weekend.

Since returning from his hs season, 9 games, 5 goals 3 assists.

http://nahl.com/game-center/player?playerId=141&season=38

His one-timer is quite good, particularly on the powerplay. He slides down to spots similar to where McNicholas got a lot of his pp one-timers.
              The Souza record:
              15-16 10th place
              16-17 10th place
              17-18 11th place
              18-19 8th place
              19-20 9th place
              20-21 10th place
              21-22 9th place
              22-23 10th place

Comment

Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
                Ho hum, Benton Maass. Souza seems to have found a pretty nice defenseman, late.

http://nahl.com/game-center/player?p...=141&season=38

His one-timer is quite good, particularly on the powerplay. He slides down to spots similar to where McNicholas got a lot of his pp one-timers.
                ho hum...yeah, UNH could use a guy like Benton Maass!! Compare his style to a former UNH'er...sounds Brett Pesce like to me.
                Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
                  Ho hum, Benton Maass. Souza seems to have found a pretty nice defenseman, late.

http://nahl.com/game-center/player?playerId=141&season=38

Could mean Benton Maass's (Pronounced: Mass) NHL draft prospects on the rise. Was 158th North American skater in Midterm Rankings (Corson Green at 149, Max Gildon at 76):

http://www.nhl.com/ice/draftprospectbrowse.htm?cat=1&sort=midtermRank&year=2017&pg=4

Comment

Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
                    Could mean Benton Maass's (Pronounced: Mass) NHL draft prospects on the rise. Was 158th North American skater in Midterm Rankings (Corson Green at 149, Max Gildon at 76):

http://www.nhl.com/ice/draftprospect...year=2017&pg=4
                    All of this is great news! Thanks for keeping us in the know. Now we can all worry about early departures! Just kidding, sort of.

Comment

Originally posted by After the Whistle View Post
                      All of this is great news! Thanks for keeping us in the know. Now we can all worry about early departures! Just kidding, sort of.
                      Speaking of early departures C-H-C reports on twitter today that Andrew Poturalski has been called up to the NHL. Granted there aren't alot of reg season games left but nonetheless very cool for Andrew!!

https://www.nhl.com/hurricanes/news/...rs/c-288384810
                      Last edited by HockeyRef; 04-03-2017, 12:45 PM.
                      Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                        Speaking of early departures C-H-C reports on twitter today that Andrew Poturalski has been called up to the NHL. Granted there aren't alot of reg season games left but nonetheless very cool for Andrew!!

https://www.nhl.com/hurricanes/news/...rs/c-288384810
                        Hope that he can pick up a few points, especially given that we will not be playing against the Bs.

Comment

• nahl New England General 96 Kohei Sato committed to Unh per Mark Divver
                          Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

• Originally posted by cavbim View Post
                            nahl New England General 96 Kohei Sato committed to Unh per Mark Divver
                            There is your first truly foreign citizen and UNH Wildcat (although he has been playing in NA for a while.) I would have preferred a high-end Finn, but nonetheless...

Kohei Sato, Ni****okio, Japan...

Edit - that is the correct spelling of his birthplace. You'll have to guess the middle I suppose...

---

Quick, good skater with a motor and some flash in his game (good celeys), but 20 years old and in the NA. Northeast is the worst team in the NAHL by a mile...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=5R0dz4R031g
                            Last edited by Dan; 04-04-2017, 05:29 PM.
                            Live Free or Die!!
                            Miami University '03

Comment

Neutral Zone scouting report from March NAHL Top Prospects Showcase:

Kohei Sato (F, 6’1”, 185lbs, Northeast, 1996)-Sato was the fastest player here. His speed is elite. He was in constant motion which made him very tough to cover. His passing and puck skills have improved since we saw him last and he was able to play fast with the puck most of the time. His compete level was high. He only knows one speed (fast) and that does hurt him at times as he skates himself into trouble. Overall, he was impressive and despite only scoring one goal earned his grade.

https://www.neutralzone.net/mens/2017/03/05/nahl-top-prospects-90-skaters/
                              Last edited by C-H-C; 04-04-2017, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Definitely looks quick on his skates in the highlights I have seen. Hopefully he can bring some skill with that speed. Being that he is a 96 I assume he will be arriving this fall.

I'm interested to see where he fits into the lineup, guessing he could fit into a decent bottom 6 role. Welcome to UNH Kohei!
                                Last edited by deltabravo62; 04-05-2017, 02:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X