Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 302

Thread: UNH Commits & Recruiting: 2017 and Beyond

  1. #121
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Once upon a time, Jax , Florida but now somewhere in the Lakes Region of NH
    Posts
    3,380

    Re: UNH Commits & Recruiting: 2017 and Beyond

    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonade View Post
    I believe Gildon was speaking about the Wisconsin coaching change. I am positive Gildon is aware that Umile won't be the one coaching for a majority of his time at UNH.
    Without a doubt he is aware...am glad he's coming looking forward! Thanks for the comprehensive look at our newest 'Cat C-H-C!!
    Last edited by HockeyRef; 03-13-2017 at 07:06 PM.
    Let's Go 'Cats!

  2. #122
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    83

    Re: UNH Commits & Recruiting: 2017 and Beyond

    Quote Originally Posted by New Hampshire 'Cats Fan View Post
    C-H-C,

    Based on the following statements within the article:

    "Mike Lowry ("C-H-C"): Congratulations on your commitment to play for the University of New Hampshire. What are the main reasons you chose UNH?

    Max Gildon: The coaches, the campus and the people around the program just sold me on UNH.

    Lowry: A year ago, you verbally committed to the University of Wisconsin. What factors entered into your decision to reopen your college search?

    Gildon: The feeling I got after the coaching change was suspicious and I wanted somewhere that has a great history of hockey like UNH does. I also wanted to go to a smaller college."


    Do you think Gildon would be a risk to decommit from UNH if Umile stepped down and there were some coaching changes at UNH?
    Also, the issue with Wisconsin is the entire coaching staff was released, including whoever recruited him. Unless a major change has come about Umile did not recruit Gildon to UNH and I agree that he has to be aware of the situation here so I do not think there is much of a risk of that happening.

  3. #123
    Clark-Hislop-Cox
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,842

    Re: UNH Commits & Recruiting: 2017 and Beyond

    Quote Originally Posted by New Hampshire 'Cats Fan View Post
    C-H-C,

    Based on the following statements within the article:

    "Mike Lowry ("C-H-C"): Congratulations on your commitment to play for the University of New Hampshire. What are the main reasons you chose UNH?

    Max Gildon: The coaches, the campus and the people around the program just sold me on UNH.

    Lowry: A year ago, you verbally committed to the University of Wisconsin. What factors entered into your decision to reopen your college search?

    Gildon: The feeling I got after the coaching change was suspicious and I wanted somewhere that has a great history of hockey like UNH does. I also wanted to go to a smaller college."


    Do you think Gildon would be a risk to decommit from UNH if Umile stepped down and there were some coaching changes at UNH?
    Max Gildon committed to Wisconsin in February, 2016. At the time, Mike Eaves was the head coach and Luke Strand and JB Bittner were the assistant coaches. Eaves was fired in early March, 2016. In late March, 2016, Wisconsin announced the hiring of Tony Granato as head coach and Mark Osiecki and Don Granato as associate head coaches. Gildon remained committed to Wisconsin until December, 2016 - 8 months after Granato and his associates took over.

  4. #124
    Clark-Hislop-Cox
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,842

    Re: UNH Commits & Recruiting: 2017 and Beyond

    "UNH Commits Update: March-18-2017"
    Player Spotlight on James Miller & Charlie Kelleher
    Includes video highlights

  5. #125
    Clark-Hislop-Cox
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,842

    Re: UNH Commits & Recruiting: 2017 and Beyond

    "UNH Commits Update: March-29-2017"
    Player Spotlight on Benton Maass, Charlie Kelleher, & Lucas Bahn
    Includes video highlights

  6. #126
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Arlington, MA
    Posts
    10,512
    Ho hum, Benton Maass. Souza seems to have found a pretty nice defenseman, late.
    3 games, 2 goals, 1 assist by Maass in the NAHL this weekend.

    Since returning from his hs season, 9 games, 5 goals 3 assists.

    http://nahl.com/game-center/player?playerId=141&season=38


    His one-timer is quite good, particularly on the powerplay. He slides down to spots similar to where McNicholas got a lot of his pp one-timers.

  7. #127
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Once upon a time, Jax , Florida but now somewhere in the Lakes Region of NH
    Posts
    3,380

    Re: UNH Commits & Recruiting: 2017 and Beyond

    Quote Originally Posted by NCAA watcher View Post
    Ho hum, Benton Maass. Souza seems to have found a pretty nice defenseman, late.
    3 games, 2 goals, 1 assist by Maass in the NAHL this weekend.

    Since returning from his hs season, 9 games, 5 goals 3 assists.

    http://nahl.com/game-center/player?p...=141&season=38


    His one-timer is quite good, particularly on the powerplay. He slides down to spots similar to where McNicholas got a lot of his pp one-timers.
    ho hum...yeah, UNH could use a guy like Benton Maass!! Compare his style to a former UNH'er...sounds Brett Pesce like to me.
    Let's Go 'Cats!

  8. #128
    Clark-Hislop-Cox
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,842
    Quote Originally Posted by NCAA watcher View Post
    Ho hum, Benton Maass. Souza seems to have found a pretty nice defenseman, late.
    3 games, 2 goals, 1 assist by Maass in the NAHL this weekend.

    Since returning from his hs season, 9 games, 5 goals 3 assists.

    http://nahl.com/game-center/player?playerId=141&season=38

    His one-timer is quite good, particularly on the powerplay. He slides down to spots similar to where McNicholas got a lot of his pp one-timers.
    Could mean Benton Maass's (Pronounced: Mass) NHL draft prospects on the rise. Was 158th North American skater in Midterm Rankings (Corson Green at 149, Max Gildon at 76):

    http://www.nhl.com/ice/draftprospectbrowse.htm?cat=1&sort=midtermRank&year=2017&pg=4

  9. #129
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    49

    Re: UNH Commits & Recruiting: 2017 and Beyond

    Quote Originally Posted by C-H-C View Post
    Could mean Benton Maass's (Pronounced: Mass) NHL draft prospects on the rise. Was 158th North American skater in Midterm Rankings (Corson Green at 149, Max Gildon at 76):

    http://www.nhl.com/ice/draftprospect...year=2017&pg=4
    All of this is great news! Thanks for keeping us in the know. Now we can all worry about early departures! Just kidding, sort of.

  10. #130
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Once upon a time, Jax , Florida but now somewhere in the Lakes Region of NH
    Posts
    3,380

    Re: UNH Commits & Recruiting: 2017 and Beyond

    Quote Originally Posted by After the Whistle View Post
    All of this is great news! Thanks for keeping us in the know. Now we can all worry about early departures! Just kidding, sort of.
    Speaking of early departures C-H-C reports on twitter today that Andrew Poturalski has been called up to the NHL. Granted there aren't alot of reg season games left but nonetheless very cool for Andrew!!

    https://www.nhl.com/hurricanes/news/...rs/c-288384810
    Last edited by HockeyRef; 04-03-2017 at 12:45 PM.
    Let's Go 'Cats!

  11. #131
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Thornton, NH
    Posts
    4,565

    Re: UNH Commits & Recruiting: 2017 and Beyond

    Quote Originally Posted by HockeyRef View Post
    Speaking of early departures C-H-C reports on twitter today that Andrew Poturalski has been called up to the NHL. Granted there aren't alot of reg season games left but nonetheless very cool for Andrew!!

    https://www.nhl.com/hurricanes/news/...rs/c-288384810
    Hope that he can pick up a few points, especially given that we will not be playing against the Bs.

  12. #132
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Posts
    2,953
    nahl New England General 96 Kohei Sato committed to Unh per Mark Divver

  13. #133
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    1,255
    Quote Originally Posted by cavbim View Post
    nahl New England General 96 Kohei Sato committed to Unh per Mark Divver
    There is your first truly foreign citizen and UNH Wildcat (although he has been playing in NA for a while.) I would have preferred a high-end Finn, but nonetheless...

    Kohei Sato, Ni****okio, Japan...

    Edit - that is the correct spelling of his birthplace. You'll have to guess the middle I suppose...

    ---

    Quick, good skater with a motor and some flash in his game (good celeys), but 20 years old and in the NA. Northeast is the worst team in the NAHL by a mile...

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=5R0dz4R031g
    Last edited by Dan; 04-04-2017 at 05:29 PM.

  14. #134
    Clark-Hislop-Cox
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,842

    Re: UNH Commits & Recruiting: 2017 and Beyond

    Neutral Zone scouting report from March NAHL Top Prospects Showcase:

    Kohei Sato (F, 61, 185lbs, Northeast, 1996)-Sato was the fastest player here. His speed is elite. He was in constant motion which made him very tough to cover. His passing and puck skills have improved since we saw him last and he was able to play fast with the puck most of the time. His compete level was high. He only knows one speed (fast) and that does hurt him at times as he skates himself into trouble. Overall, he was impressive and despite only scoring one goal earned his grade.

    https://www.neutralzone.net/mens/2017/03/05/nahl-top-prospects-90-skaters/
    Last edited by C-H-C; 04-04-2017 at 05:22 PM.

  15. #135
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    83

    Re: UNH Commits & Recruiting: 2017 and Beyond

    Definitely looks quick on his skates in the highlights I have seen. Hopefully he can bring some skill with that speed. Being that he is a 96 I assume he will be arriving this fall.

    I'm interested to see where he fits into the lineup, guessing he could fit into a decent bottom 6 role. Welcome to UNH Kohei!
    Last edited by deltabravo62; 04-05-2017 at 02:57 AM.

  16. #136
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Once upon a time, Jax , Florida but now somewhere in the Lakes Region of NH
    Posts
    3,380

    Re: UNH Commits & Recruiting: 2017 and Beyond

    Quote Originally Posted by C-H-C View Post
    Neutral Zone scouting report from March NAHL Top Prospects Showcase:

    Kohei Sato (F, 61, 185lbs, Northeast, 1996)-Sato was the fastest player here. His speed is elite. He was in constant motion which made him very tough to cover. His passing and puck skills have improved since we saw him last and he was able to play fast with the puck most of the time. His compete level was high. He only knows one speed (fast) and that does hurt him at times as he skates himself into trouble. Overall, he was impressive and despite only scoring one goal earned his grade.

    https://www.neutralzone.net/mens/201...ts-90-skaters/
    Looking forward to learning more about Kohei! So assuming he's coming this season?
    Let's Go 'Cats!

  17. #137
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,549
    Quote Originally Posted by HockeyRef View Post
    Looking forward to learning more about Kohei! So assuming he's coming this season?
    '96 has to be for 2017-18.

  18. #138
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Once upon a time, Jax , Florida but now somewhere in the Lakes Region of NH
    Posts
    3,380

    Re: UNH Commits & Recruiting: 2017 and Beyond

    Quote Originally Posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
    '96 has to be for 2017-18.
    Thanks!! I figured as much and read deltabravo's post too quickly... Imagine 'Watcher will post a line up of sorts to see where he would fit in for this season...as well as an interview with C-H-C!! (no rush hurry up )
    Let's Go 'Cats!

  19. #139
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Once upon a time, Jax , Florida but now somewhere in the Lakes Region of NH
    Posts
    3,380

    Re: UNH Commits & Recruiting: 2017 and Beyond

    Here's a story about Kohei Sato:

    http://nahl.com/news/story.cfm?id=20847

    Interesting note: both he and Benton Maass have NAHL roots; looks like we are 'fishing there' or is that just a coincidence?
    Last edited by HockeyRef; 04-05-2017 at 11:52 AM.
    Let's Go 'Cats!

  20. #140
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    188

    Re: UNH Commits & Recruiting: 2017 and Beyond

    Quote Originally Posted by deltabravo62 View Post
    Definitely looks quick on his skates in the highlights I have seen. Hopefully he can bring some skill with that speed. Being that he is a 96 I assume he will be arriving this fall.

    I'm interested to see where he fits into the lineup, guessing he could fit into a decent bottom 6 role. Welcome to UNH Kohei!
    The Japanese Johnny Rogers

    I love speed even if it doesn't amount to anything!

    PK and forecheck could always use a guy like this.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •