• Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Commits & Recruiting: 2017 and Beyond

"UNH Commits Update 1-13-18: Spotlight on Tim Stützle, Jackson Pierson"
    The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

We have a German?!? How did I miss that? 🤔
      Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Aerman View Post
        We have a German?!? How did I miss that? ��
        How DID you miss that, indeed? With Coach Souza (formerly of Team Italy), Kohei Sato (Japan) and the latest kid from Germany, we've re-assembled the return of the Axis of Evil Awful on the banks of the Oyster River.

Help me on this, in all the excitement, I've forgotten ... did UNH last win a game OR recruit a new player(s)??
        Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
        Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Bump (he says in a moment of sheer madness blind optimism) ...

Comment

3 UNH Commits listed in NHL Central Scouting Service “Midterm Rankings” of North American skaters: #139 Angus Crookshank (Langley Rivermen), #213 Nolan McElhaney (Cushing Academy), and #216 Connor Sweeney (Lawrence Academy)
            Last edited by C-H-C; 01-22-2018, 11:07 AM.
            The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
              3 UNH Commits listed in NHL Central Scouting Service “Midterm Rankings” of North American skaters: #139 Angus Crookshank (Langley Rivermen), #213 Nolan McElhaney (Cushing Academy), and #216 Connor Sweeney (Lawrence Academy)
              The more you hear/read this stuff, the more you wonder what Commesso was thinking of in the first place.

Unfortunately for UNH, he apparently sobered up quickly enough to escape to BU.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                The more you hear/read this stuff, the more you wonder what Commesso was thinking of in the first place.

Joel Farabee, whom we lost to BU...was listed 11th on this list. It's all in the recruiting I guess....somehow I wish I never learned all of this stuff so I could blindly sit in the stands. OR, I can cheer on whomever is out there so I guess that's the better choice. It's the little things, you know? Wonder where Tim Stutzle would end up on this list? (And yes...I realize the chances of him coming aren't gauranteed)
                Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

You aint wrong. On the brightside I read Jeff Cox mentioned that Jack Hughes the 01 phenon playing for U18 USNDTP would possibly be interested in Michigan or UNH. Honestly, I think there is a better chance of Sidney Crosby quitting the NHL and enrolling at UNH.....

Comment

Originally posted by Lemonade View Post
                    You aint wrong. On the brightside I read Jeff Cox mentioned that Jack Hughes the 01 phenon playing for U18 USNDTP would possibly be interested in Michigan or UNH. Honestly, I think there is a better chance of Sidney Crosby quitting the NHL and enrolling at UNH.....
                    He already tried.. Admissions office wouldn't let him in
                    UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

Originally posted by Lemonade View Post
                      OMG! Jack Hughes! Make your mother proud, Jack!
                      Live Free or Die!!
                      Miami University '03

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                        Joel Farabee, whom we lost to BU...was listed 11th on this list. It's all in the recruiting I guess....somehow I wish I never learned all of this stuff so I could blindly sit in the stands. OR, I can cheer on whomever is out there so I guess that's the better choice. It's the little things, you know? Wonder where Tim Stutzle would end up on this list? (And yes...I realize the chances of him coming aren't gauranteed)
                        Stutzle is not eligible for these lists until 2020 (so lets worry about OHL/USHL first)...
                        Last edited by Dan; 01-23-2018, 09:56 AM.
                        Live Free or Die!!
                        Miami University '03

Comment

Originally posted by Felger View Post
                          I spit out my coffee....

Comment

• Originally posted by Felger View Post
                            Wouldn't let him in? Or, did not have time over the summer to review his application? I know, what's the difference?

Comment

Wonder where Tim Stutzle would end up on this list?
                              I'm almost positive "Sargent" Stutzle would crack the top 300 for sure. Seems to be our sweet spot these days.

Comment

The view from 80,000 feet ain't bad. Down in the weeds? Not so much.
                                I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Working...
                                X