X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UNH Commits & Recruiting: 2017 and Beyond

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
    Building our blue line is the most important factor (has been) for next season and I'm thrilled Benton is joining us sooner than later!!
    I really like what Souza is doing with building the back end for UNH in the future. Its tough to overcome BU/BC since they pluck the offensive studs for the most part. How do you counter that? You go get top end goaltending and defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Lemonade View Post
      I really like what Souza is doing with building the back end for UNH in the future. Its tough to overcome BU/BC since they pluck the offensive studs for the most part. How do you counter that? You go get top end goaltending and defense.
      Well there you go...you know what they say...offense wins games, but defense wins titles
      Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lemonade View Post
        I am a fan of the Maass commitment. But that said, the philosophy you describe is precisely what Red Gendron adopted at Maine, getting big physical commitments from Cam Spicer, Malcolm hayes, Simon Butala, Patrick Holoway, Stephen Cochrane, Alex Binner, Jack Moran. (His forwards are also the physical, grit and sandpaper approach so loved by oldtimers). So, far, their fans are less than pleased with the results.

By the way, UNH seemed to do fine getting Joey Laleggia and Jake Ryczek, David Kolomatis and other dynamic offensive defensemen.
        The Souza record:
        15-16 10th place
        16-17 10th place
        17-18 11th place
        18-19 8th place
        19-20 9th place
        20-21 10th place
        21-22 9th place
        22-23 10th place

Comment

"UNH Commit Corson Green: NHL Draft Prospect"

Includes video highlights from USHL/NHL Top Prospects game.
          The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

"UNH Commits Update: January-25-2017"

Player Spotlight on Angus Crookshank & Eric Esposito
            Includes video highlights

Comment

5 TIPS TO GET RECRUITED – AN INSIDER’S LOOK INTO COLLEGE HOCKEY RECRUITING
              by Topher Scott, former Assistant Coach at Cornell

Comment

Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
                Superb article.

Comment

Before I start hi all, been lurking but not posting this season. UNH still in mediocre land but watchable this season which I have been doing from here in Indiana.

My yearly update on Mason Jobst, from Ohio State, what could have been if UNH coaches had looked into this kid who played HS hockey with my son. I sent multiple emails to Umile and assistant coaches back in 2013 and 2014 to no avail. To date this season: Sophomore Mason Jobst has 19 points in his last nine games combined (with at least one point in each), with seven goals and 12 assists. Since Dec. 3, when his streak started, he is tied for second in the NCAA in points per game (1.90). Jobst is first for the Buckeyes with 31 points, including 10 goals, ranking second in the B1G. In Big Ten play, Jobst is second in the B1G with 14 points and 1.75 points per game. He is 13th nationally with 1.29 points per game. Has anyone seen him play? Great kid.
                  Go Cats!

Comment

Originally posted by SteveS. View Post
                    Before I start hi all, been lurking but not posting this season. UNH still in mediocre land but watchable this season which I have been doing from here in Indiana.

My yearly update on Mason Jobst, from Ohio State, what could have been if UNH coaches had looked into this kid who played HS hockey with my son. I sent multiple emails to Umile and assistant coaches back in 2013 and 2014 to no avail. To date this season: Sophomore Mason Jobst has 19 points in his last nine games combined (with at least one point in each), with seven goals and 12 assists. Since Dec. 3, when his streak started, he is tied for second in the NCAA in points per game (1.90). Jobst is first for the Buckeyes with 31 points, including 10 goals, ranking second in the B1G. In Big Ten play, Jobst is second in the B1G with 14 points and 1.75 points per game. He is 13th nationally with 1.29 points per game. Has anyone seen him play? Great kid.
                    I remember you posting about this kid, Steve. Glad it's come off so nicely for him, so early in his career too.

Unfortunately, until Indiana gets moved inside the Route 495 radius, Coach was never gonna bother ...
                    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by SteveS. View Post

I saw him play in the Ice Breaker out here in Denver and he was great. He didn't score a point, but he was all over the puck. I just mentioned Mickflikier in the other thread and that's who he reminds me of. He'd be playing on the top line at UNH - or at least on the second line making a huge difference for Marcus Vela's game...
                      Last edited by Dan; 02-03-2017, 08:38 PM.
                      Live Free or Die!!
                      Miami University '03

Comment

Last edited by C-H-C; 02-07-2017, 07:20 AM.

Comment

Ah...so there it is! Good luck Charlie!!
                          Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Women UNH targets on here:

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/coll...sharib-rayhill
                            https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                            Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Many thanks, Mike. I met Jim Kelleher at Tsongas last Saturday night, and what a great guy. He saw me standing along the railing in my UNH jersey, I guess, and detoured over to say hello, right after TyK set up Matias just below us to tighten the score 3-2. I did not know who he was and said something like "good thing we have those two guys," and he replied "yeah, No. 16 is my son." Then, the second period ended and we talked about Charlie coming to UNH in the fall, my time college teaching not far north of Longmeadow, and how I missed a good comeback attempt at the Whitt the night before, which he watched with three of BvR's family. He told me that the vR parents were watching their oldest play in the Garden on Saturday night, which I might now argue ended Claude's tenure in Boston. Disclaimer: I am still posting on this thread, although not the season thread; but all of you can feel free to trash me on either thread. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                                Many thanks, Mike. I met Jim Kelleher at Tsongas last Saturday night, and what a great guy. He saw me standing along the railing in my UNH jersey, I guess, and detoured over to say hello, right after TyK set up Matias just below us to tighten the score 3-2. I did not know who he was and said something like "good thing we have those two guys," and he replied "yeah, No. 16 is my son." Then, the second period ended and we talked about Charlie coming to UNH in the fall, my time college teaching not far north of Longmeadow, and how I missed a good comeback attempt at the Whitt the night before, which he watched with three of BvR's family. He told me that the vR parents were watching their oldest play in the Garden on Saturday night, which I might now argue ended Claude's tenure in Boston. Disclaimer: I am still posting on this thread, although not the season thread; but all of you can feel free to trash me on either thread. :-)
                                Ha! We are relegated to the second page and I miss your commentary on what UNH has to do to make it for home ice in the HE playoffs; maybe you'll post your thoughts on that on this board!? Anyway...the Kelleher dad is really great I have enjoyed talking to him and his brother in law as well. Sorry to have missed you at the Tsongas...let me know your future game plans. I'll be at UVM for Sat. and then BU Friday night...

Next season seems so long away but it will be interesting to see CKel do his stuff on the 'Whitt ice finally. I know his game is different that TyK's just like you'd expect. I look for him to be playmaker with Patrick Grasso. Could they be UNH's next 'dynamic duo???? Guess we'll find out!
                                Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Working...
                                X