This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
    News on the recruiting front continues to appear very encouraging.

Would Sweeney be arriving in Fall '18 or Fall '19?
    He's a sophomore at Pingree School so the earliest arrival would be Fall 2019. He and Marek Wazny are on a similar trajectory. If they development sufficiently after a year or two in the USHL and/or BCHL, they could come in as true freshmen.
    The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

• Re: UNH Commits & Recruiting: 2017 and Beyond

Originally posted by Aerman View Post
      Hmmm, I didn't realize the objective was a collection of marginally skilled goons.
      Where'd you get that idea? Marginally skilled? Are you talking bad about my Bruins?????
      Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

A primer on "de-commitments":

https://www.neutralzone.net/mens/201...ey-recruiting/

Comment

• U18 vs. Russia on NHL tv right now. Gildon looks pretty solid. Not dynamic mobility but able to handle the puck cleanly. Not the sort to qb the puck into the zone, but can move it well once in zone. Good size.

We're going to regret losing Farabee who will be a stud. Playing a year up and still making impact.

Hughes will be very good at Michigan. Incredibly mobile with the puck, essentially a fourth forward, but a bit over handling/selfish. The younger brother is supposedly even better. One may note that Umile recruited their dad to Providence.
          Last edited by NCAA watcher; 04-15-2017, 09:21 AM.
          The Souza record:
          15-16 10th place
          16-17 10th place
          17-18 11th place
          18-19 8th place
          19-20 9th place
          20-21 10th place
          21-22 9th place
          22-23 10th place

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
            U18 on NHL tv right now. Gildon looks pretty solid. Not dynamic mobility but able to handle the puck. Not the sort to qb the puck but can move it well once in zone. Good size.

We're going to regret losing Farabee who will be a stud. Playing a tear up and still making impact. Hughes will be very good at Michigan. Rushes the puck very well, but a bit over handling/selfish.
            Gildon plays in front of a goalie who plays a similar style as Tirone. St. Cyr is 5'8", relies on quick side-to-side movement and coming out high in the crease to cut off angles. St. Cyr is s Notre Dame commit and is not listed on the NHL CSS final rankings. Gildon (left shot) has been playing on Team USA's right defense.

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post

We're going to regret losing Farabee who will be a stud. Playing a year up and still making impact..
              Farabee was a bit undersized, compared to his peers, when I saw him play for Selects Academy but he obviously had unique, elite skills. If he grows an inch or two and adds a bunch of weight over the next year, he could be a top 10 pick in the 2018 draft.

For a time at UNH, Borek was successful in getting verbal commits from some top players out of Selects Academy - Farabee, Ryczek, Salvaggio. After Borek left, Ryczek committed to Providence and Farabee to BU.

Comment

• Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
                He's a sophomore at Pingree School so the earliest arrival would be Fall 2019. He and Marek Wazny are on a similar trajectory. If they development sufficiently after a year or two in the USHL and/or BCHL, they could come in as true freshmen.
                Sweeney is transferring to Lawrence Academy.
                https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

"16-Year-Old Connor Sweeney Commits to UNH"
                  Last edited by C-H-C; 04-15-2017, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Max Gildon's long strides disguise his deceptive speed. As an example, he just skated end-to-end with two Team USA forwards on a 3-on-1 break against the Czech Republic (at the U18 World Championship) and buried a wrister from the midslot.
                    Then adds another on a 2-on-1 break "Gildon very, very active in joining the offensive rush".
                    Make it a hat trick - power play goal from left dot.
                    Last edited by C-H-C; 04-17-2017, 10:58 AM.

Comment

• C. Kelleher is 2-2--4 as Sioux City jumps out to a 2-0 lead on Des Moines in a best-of-five first round series...
                      Live Free or Die!!
                      Miami University '03

Comment

Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
                        Max Gildon's long strides disguise his deceptive speed. As an example, he just skated end-to-end with two Team USA forwards on a 3-on-1 break against the Czech Republic (at the U18 World Championship) and buried a wrister from the midslot.
                        Then adds another on a 2-on-1 break "Gildon very, very active in joining the offensive rush".
                        Great update and even better news.
                        Thanks for this.

Comment

• Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
                          Oops, JvR had long strides, and few here liked him.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                            Oops, JvR had long strides, and few here liked him.
                            Where's my surprise look? Oh, wait...he (JvR) left early.... Anyway... Gildon is the best thing that's happened to this team in a long time I don't care if he skips down the ice Once he gets the lay of the land I think we have one of the best dmen since Pesce. Looking forward to it!!!!!
                            Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                              Where's my surprise look? Oh, wait...he (JvR) left early.... Anyway... Gildon is the best thing that's happened to this team in a long time I don't care if he skips down the ice Once he gets the lay of the land I think we have one of the best dmen since Pesce. Looking forward to it!!!!!
                              But, will you and others like him if he leaves after two or three? Maybe between two and three is difference between dislike and like?

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                                But, will you and others like him if he leaves after two or three? Maybe between two and three is difference between dislike and like?
                                While I wish they would stay for all four years I have grown used to this reality...this is the direction college hockey is taking so be it. (But ask me in 2 years)
                                Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Working...
                                X