X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Commits & Recruiting: 2017 and Beyond

Originally posted by Lemonade View Post
    Very interesting class coming in - and really tough to gauge how good they will be. Gildon was a great add but has had some concerns over the past season or so whether he will ever reach the potential some thought. Almost identical issues with Robinson - drafted in 3rd round - struggled last season. This class could have a really high ceiling or could also struggle. Should be interesting!
    While I am extremely excited for Max (and the others) to join the 'Cats I am not expecting him to save the blue line... (Although he probably will...) I don't have a big enough read on him to make any snap judgements (not saying you are doing that Lemonade sir!) but he will obviously get plenty of play time /development time. Where he goes in the draft is of no big concern to me and you never know how a player is going to pan out until they get on the ice. I am excited for his arrival and hope that he gets a fair shake of things. I'm expect to be pleasantly surprised...who knows...maybe he is a 4 year guy!!
    Last edited by HockeyRef; 06-07-2017, 07:27 AM.
    I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Originally posted by Lemonade View Post
      Very interesting class coming in - and really tough to gauge how good they will be. Gildon was a great add but has had some concerns over the past season or so whether he will ever reach the potential some thought. Almost identical issues with Robinson - drafted in 3rd round - struggled last season. This class could have a really high ceiling or could also struggle. Should be interesting!
      Know what I'm most happy about? Most of these are the beginning of the Mike Souza era! Bring it on...

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
        Know what I'm most happy about? Most of these are the beginning of the Mike Souza era! Bring it on...
        I couldnt agree more. I totally respect everything Umile has done for UNH but it will be a great breathe of fresh air for Souza to take over and hopefully provide the program a shot in the arm to get back where UNH belongs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
          Four full years in Durham will make some folks here very happy, assuming that he is injury-free and on a the ice for 120+ games.
          At this rate he'll play 20 games over the first three years before being named team captain - but that should still bring those folks quite a bit of pleasure...
          Last edited by Dan; 06-07-2017, 11:00 AM.
          Live Free or Die!!
          Miami University '03

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
            At this rate he'll play 20 games over the first three years before being named team captain - but that should still bring those folks quite a bit of pleasure...
            It's the little things Dan....

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
              Love it.
              Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
              Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

"UNH Commits Update: Final 2016-17 Stats"

Player Spotlight on Corson Green, Charlie Kelleher, and James Miller
                Includes video highlights
                The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Would be Boston College freshman Eeli Tolvanen (a potential 1st-Round pick in tomorrow's NHL Draft) was turned away by admissions. GET ON THE PHONE MIKE!
                  Live Free or Die!!
                  Miami University '03

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                    Would be Boston College freshman Eeli Tolvanen (a potential 1st-Round pick in tomorrow's NHL Draft) was turned away by admissions. GET ON THE PHONE MIKE!
                    Huh? Everybody knows that UNH Admissions is much tougher than Hillbilly College Admissions, right?

Comment

Originally posted by deltabravo62 View Post
                      The reality is that 10 D-men on the roster is not going to work. You are not going to defer Maass or Gildon and Darcy has to come this year. Probably disappointing to Miller but he is on a strong junior team and has a shot at a starting spot as a freshman with two spots opening after next season (Marks/Chanter). Hopefully he takes advantage of the situation and ends up better for it. I know deferrals around here (with good reason) are not well received but if everyone is on the same page (Coaches/Miller) then there is not a lot to worry about here.
                      UNH just announced Miller as part of the 2017 class, so no deferral. Ritchie Boyd related?
                      Last edited by NCAA watcher; 06-23-2017, 11:05 AM.
                      The Souza record:
                      15-16 10th place
                      16-17 10th place
                      17-18 11th place
                      18-19 8th place
                      19-20 9th place
                      20-21 10th place
                      21-22 9th place
                      22-23 10th place

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
                        UNH just announced Miller as part of the 2017 class, so no deferral. Ritchie Boyd related?
                        May share time on the grandstand pine, err plastic, with Dawson and Nonis, but not Chanter, whose ship has sailed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
                          Watcher where did you see that thanks!

Comment

• Last edited by Dan; 06-23-2017, 01:26 PM.
                            Live Free or Die!!
                            Miami University '03

Comment

Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
                              Perhaps it is related. The roster page is empty as I assume they are making the updates now. I guess we will know for sure once the roster page goes back up.

Comment

Max Gildon (D) selected in Round 3 (66th overall pick) by Florida Panthers. In the 2013 NHL Draft, Brett Pesce was selected 66th overall by Carolina Hurricanes.
                                The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X