X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Commits & Recruiting: 2017 and Beyond

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
    Lest we not forget a change in net this coming season.
    Absolutely!

And if UNH wants to continue to add to next season's roster - and maintain its primary strategy of rescuing last-minute decommits - then Tyler Weiss, please...
    Live Free or Die!!
    Miami University '03

Comment

A glimmer of hope rustles in the bushes of mid-May. Good to see action - albeit late, but beats the alternative.
      Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
      Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Who wants in on the over/under contest for 15 wins and eighth place or better in HEA this coming season?

Comment

Originally posted by After the Whistle View Post
          Can't for the life of me figure out why we have not heard or seen more activity this spring. With all due respect, can't imagine that we are really waiting for someone else to pull the trigger for us. MS and GS have been our recruiters the past 3+ years and unless the mystery man has 2 or 3 up his sleeve, not sure what the story is.
          Secondary to my disappointment for no longer playing in the big kids' pool, was the head scratching that the other model involves having 30 players on partials. Especially when a new coach steps in and wants to find his guys. That includes lower talent guys like Tim Shields, who may work their way into the core but also spread recruiting roots. Scrambling to find players late in the season was curious, as you said. Thankfully, we have only known part of the puzzle, and it looks like they are filling the roster. Also, the Euro kids are interesting, which is more than I thought about the prior recruits. So, they hopefully 1) have more interesting quality, wildcards (wildcats) more so than the prior ones -- I've at least heard of Engaras, and 2) are plumbing markets neverbefore seen at UNH, and 3) have interesting scholarship opportunities that may allow them to squeeze more players in. At least now we're in the "let's see, maybe it will work" model. Still need one more D. And also I'm still uncomfortable waiting late for key players. Maybe they can get on the right side and start getting some foundational kids a couple of years out.
          Goal scoring was a problem this year .....
          Goal scoring, puck skills and defense and coaching. You don't get last place without earning it.
          2018-19 2019-20 2020-21 2021-22
          Marcus Vela Chase Stevenson Chase Stevenson Chase Stevenson
          Ara Nazarian TBD TBD TBD
          Chris Miller TBD TBD TBD
          Frank Cefalu TBD TBD TBD
          Liam Blackburn Liam Blackburn Tim Stutzle Tim Stutzle
          BVR BVR Connor Sweeney Connor Sweeney
          Patrick Grasso Patrick Grasso TBD TBD
          Justin Fregona Justin Fregona Marek Wazny Marek Wazny
          Joe Sacco Joe Sacco Zach Jones Zach Jones
          Eric MacAdams Eric MacAdams Eric MacAdams TBD
          Charlie Kelleher Charlie Kelleher Charlie Kelleher TBD
          Kohei Sato Kohei Sato Kohei Sato TBD
          Angus Crookshank Angus Crookshank Angus Crookshank Angus Crookshank
          Eric Esposito Eric Esposito Eric Esposito Eric Esposito
          Jackson Pierson Jackson Pierson Jackson Pierson Jackson Pierson
          Filip Engaras Filip Engaras Filip Engaras Filip Engaras
          J.Cipollone J.Cipollone J.Cipollone J.Cipollone
          DEFENSE DEFENSE DEFENSE DEFENSE
          Rich Boyd Nolan McElhaney Nolan McElhaney Nolan McElhaney
          Matt Dawson Lucas Bahn Lucas Bahn Lucas Bahn
          Anthony Wyse Anthony Wyse TBD TBD
          Max Gildon Max Gildon Max Gildon TBD
          Benton Maass Benton Maass Benton Maass TBD
          Ryan Verrier Ryan Verrier Ryan Verrier Ryan Verrier
          Will MacKinnon Will MacKinnon Will MacKinnon Will MacKinnon
          TBD TBD TBD TBD
          TBD TBD TBD TBD
          GOAL GOAL GOAL GOAL
          Ty Taylor Ty Taylor Ty Taylor Ty Taylor
          Mike Robinson Mike Robinson Mike Robinson TBD
          Joe Lazzaro Joe Lazzaro TBD TBD
          Last edited by NCAA watcher; 05-16-2018, 09:44 AM.
          The Souza record:
          15-16 10th place
          16-17 10th place
          17-18 11th place
          18-19 8th place
          19-20 9th place
          20-21 10th place
          21-22 9th place
          22-23 10th place

Comment

Who wants in on the over/under contest for 15 wins and eighth place or better in HEA this coming season?
            Under on both, I'm afraid. Hoping very much to be wrong, of course.

If Taylor turns out to be as good as some on here think, there's an outside chance at eking into the playoffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
              Over on both with upside surprises!
              UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Not a Finn, but I will be fine with a Swede. That's one, we want more!
                Whose better, Finns, Swedes, Danes or Norweigens? Aren't Danes the true Vikings?

Kinda a serious question. No identity or tribal politics answers allowed!
                Last edited by e.cat; 05-17-2018, 06:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                  Over on both with upside surprises!
                  Attaboy, e.cat! I agree; this team SHOULD be better in just about every area compared to last season.

Comment

Whose better, Finns, Swedes, Danes or Norweigens? Aren't Danes the true Vikings?

Dunno, but we have a Swede and apparently the Black Bears have a Dane. :-)

Comment

Dunno, but we have a Swede and apparently the Black Bears have a Dane. :-)
                      Leave it to the teddy bears to get a Viking!

Comment

Leave it to the teddy bears to get a Viking!
                        Vikings also came from what are now Norway and Sweden. But, on the Maine threads, they are calling their recruit the Great Dane, as apparently he is a big guy. :-)
                        Last edited by Snively65; 05-18-2018, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Vikings also came from what are now Norway and Sweden. But, on the Maine threads, they are calling their recruit the Great Dave, as apparently he is a big guy. :-)
                          You sure that isn't fear we smell???

Nope! it is straight $h1t.

Well, a token for the trolls...

http://www.vindy.com/news/2018/may/1...up-homecoming/

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                            You sure that isn't fear we smell???

Nope! it is straight $h1t.

Well, a token for the trolls...

http://www.vindy.com/news/2018/may/1...up-homecoming/
                            Thanks for the link, blackl. Looking forward to having Esposito in Durham this coming season. "Jesus saves, but Esposito scores on rebound!" Go Phantoms!

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post

Hockey-wise, it's the Swedes and Finns leading the way in first and second, respectively, and 3rd place isn't even close. In fact, there have only been five (5) Danish players to reach the 100 career point mark in the history of the NHL. To date, there has been only one (1) Norwegian to do that. Which frankly surprised me.

Let's put it this way ... Germany (which is a hockey wasteland, relatively speaking) has almost twice as many such players as Denmark, while Italy and Norway are equals. And that's not even including Coach Souza.

I always thought Vikings originated in Norway, which has a much more extensive seacoast than the others?

It's hard to visualize both the Vikings and ABBA originating in Sweden. But that's just me ...

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                                Hockey-wise, it's the Swedes and Finns leading the way in first and second, respectively, and 3rd place isn't even close. In fact, there have only been five (5) Danish players to reach the 100 career point mark in the history of the NHL. To date, there has been only one (1) Norwegian to do that. Which frankly surprised me.

Let's put it this way ... Germany (which is a hockey wasteland, relatively speaking) has almost twice as many such players as Denmark, while Italy and Norway are equals. And that's not even including Coach Souza.

I always thought Vikings originated in Norway, which has a much more extensive seacoast than the others?

It's hard to visualize both the Vikings and ABBA originating in Sweden. But that's just me ...
                                Very interesting indeed. Agree it's surprising to me also only one Norwegian has hit the NHL century mark. It is surprising to me five Danes have hit the mark. I would have thought it would be zero. I think the Danes are much more known for speed skating but I might be wrong about that. I thought the Vikings were from Norway too until I watched a Netflix original called the last Kingdom which was about the English King Alfred. Jolly old AL had to deal with Viking invaders who were Danes. I have a notion that the term Viking is a generic term and not specific to one Scandinavian country.

Comment

Working...
                                X