X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Commits & Recruiting: 2017 and Beyond

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
    I do not think that would have been the case the years that the Bobcats were killing it in the post-season.
    I think you're giving the average 14-17 yr. old recruit more credit for geographic knowledge than most deserve.

In all fairness, you could plug in "Bowling Green" in place of Quinnipiac, and you'd probably get the same reaction.

Originally posted by JB View Post
    The key to recruiting to any position (NCAA sport, or professional job) is passion about what you are doing and focusing on what you have. Matthews isn't old or dated, it is historic. UNH's campus isn't remote, it is classic and bucolic. BU's campus isn't concrete, it's location is exciting right in the city.
    I see you shrewdly stopped short of citing positive spin for places like Orono, Schenectady and Lowell, JB.
    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
      It is we are small so we are nibble. We are more flexible and can out manure them.
      I know that it's a testament to the agricultural heritage of UNH, but.........
      UNH

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
        I think you're giving the average 14-17 yr. old recruit more credit for geographic knowledge than most deserve.

In all fairness, you could plug in "Bowling Green" in place of Quinnipiac, and you'd probably get the same reaction.

I see you shrewdly stopped short of citing positive spin for places like Orono, Schenectady and Lowell, JB.

I think you can make a fantastic case that any recruit would pick Quinnipiac over UNH at this point.....in fact I think the rink and facilities at Quinnipiac are far superior to UNH as well right now.

Comment

Should Harvard count as they are a non scholarship school?
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

"UNH Commits Update 4-30-18: Spotlight on Esposito & Cipollone"

Includes video highlights of 2018 commits Eric Esposito and Joey Cipollone, plus final 2017-18 statistics for all UNH commits.
            The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

I do not disagree that most 14-17 year olds are clueless about maps and geography, as are millennials in general. But, how hard can it be to Google the websites for Quinnipiac or Bowling Green? Plenty of info readily available for any Div 1 hockey program.

Comment

Congratulations to the Hockey East recruits earning USHL honors

USHL awards
                Player of Year - Anthony Del Gaizo (U.Mass)
                Top Defenseman - Ben Finkelstein (BC)

All-USHL First Team
                F – Anthony Del Gaizo (U.Mass)
                F – Jack Dugan (Providence)
                D – Ben Finkelstein (BC)

All-USHL Second Team
                F – Jacob Schmidt-Svejstrup (Maine)
                D – Ty Farmer (U.Mass)
                D – Marc Del Gaizo (U.Mass)

All-Rookie team
                First
                F-Robert Mastrosimone (BU)
                D-Mike Callahan (Providence)
                2nd
                F-Tyler Madden (Northeastern)

Today is the first day of the tournament featuring the top North American 03 kids.

Last edited by NCAA watcher; 05-02-2018, 08:17 AM.
                The Souza record:
                15-16 10th place
                16-17 10th place
                17-18 11th place
                18-19 8th place
                19-20 9th place
                20-21 10th place
                21-22 9th place
                22-23 10th place

Comment

Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
                  Congratulations to the Hockey East recruits earning USHL honors

USHL awards
                  Player of Year - Anthony Del Gaizo (U.Mass)
                  Top Defenseman - Ben Finkelstein (BC)

All-USHL First Team
                  F – Anthony Del Gaizo (U.Mass)
                  F – Jack Dugan (Providence)
                  D – Ben Finkelstein (BC)

All-USHL Second Team
                  F – Jacob Schmidt-Svejstrup (Maine)
                  D – Ty Farmer (U.Mass)
                  D – Marc Del Gaizo (U.Mass)

All-Rookie team
                  First
                  F-Robert Mastrosimone (BU)
                  D-Mike Callahan (Providence)
                  2nd
                  F-Tyler Madden (Northeastern)

Today is the first day of the tournament featuring the top North American 03 kids.

6 Hockey East teams represented and UNH aint one of them.
                  Last edited by Lemonade; 05-02-2018, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Between the USHL player of year and a second team allstar on D, added to two members of last year's Hockey East all rookie team, and Chuck may not be able to use his "U.Mass will never amount to anything" line much longer
                    The Souza record:
                    15-16 10th place
                    16-17 10th place
                    17-18 11th place
                    18-19 8th place
                    19-20 9th place
                    20-21 10th place
                    21-22 9th place
                    22-23 10th place

Comment

Between the USHL player of year and a second team allstar on D, added to two members of last year's Hockey East all rookie team, and Chuck may not be able to use his "U.Mass will never amount to anything" line much longer
                      ...And it only took Carvel, what, 2 years to get the Minutemen to where they are now?
                      I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

I may not be from Missouri, but I still consider myself a "Show Me" kinda guy.

We've heard so many times about the sleeping giant out in Amherst. Last I checked, they still haven't awoken.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                          I may not be from Missouri, but I still consider myself a "Show Me" kinda guy.

We've heard so many times about the sleeping giant out in Amherst. Last I checked, they still haven't awoken.
                          If UMass-Flagship had successfully poached Umile a decade ago, maybe they would have been to a Frozen Four or two by now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                            If UMass-Flagship had successfully poached Umile a decade ago, maybe they would have been to a Frozen Four or two by now.
                            Or, if UMass had successfully poached Umile maybe UNH would have been to a Frozen Four in the last decade or so. 😁

Comment

• Originally posted by scoreboard View Post
                              Or, if UMass had successfully poached Umile maybe UNH would have been to a Frozen Four in the last decade or so. 😁
                              There you go, UNH and UMass-Flagship could have faced one another in a FF or two like UNH and Maine in 1999 and 2002.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                                I think that was actually almost two decades ago now (2000 or 2001 IIRC)?

We'll never know of course, but I wonder how that would have turned out ... I'm guessing McCloskey would probably have been offered to replace Umile at UNH, so Umile would have had to either (1) get another lead recruiter, or (2) do a lot of the recruiting himself. Unless it would have been a package deal (Umile & McCloskey to UMass)? I can't see the #2 scenario in light of what followed at UNH, and I can't see how a package deal would have worked for McCloskey. The idea of Umile being without his recruiting binky in Amherst, could have been a recipe for early "retirement" for him, unless he might have been able to catch lightning in a bottle a second time?

As stated before ... we'll never know ... but interesting to consider regardless.

Comment

Working...
                                X