Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Games of 12/10:The team in the high Castle(ton}? Arby's and Genny! Ahhh!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Games of 12/10:The team in the high Castle(ton}? Arby's and Genny! Ahhh!

Originally posted by NU Pastime View Post
    No one is arguing intent. No one is arguing that there shouldn't be a severe punishment passed down. My only point was that just because you intended to commit an action in one moment doesn't mean that at a later moment, when emotions subside, you can't come to the realization that you were wrong and feel remorse for that action.

When I struck out in the ninth inning against Middlebury and yelled an f-bomb at the top of my lungs that the whole sporting complex heard, I fully intended to do so and thought I was justified in doing so given the level of competition. No one got hurt and I didn't face any punishment. But later on, after a discussion with my coach, I realized I had acted inappropriately and made myself look like a fool. Point being, one can (and should) feel genuine remorse for an action even if they intended to do that action and even if they have nothing to gain by doing so (like an acquital).

Point Being Part 2: In this case the Adrian player really messed up. But I'm not ready to anonymously demonize him on a message board because he made a mistake when Hammer, who personally knows him, vouches for his character.
    Is he sorry he hurt someone, or sorry he hurt someone and will now face possible consequences? We hear it all the time at work (different clientele but same results. "I'm sorry I got caught")

Anyone who has played the game knows, checking, shoving, clipping, tripping, or whatever another player that close/far from the boards 9 times out of 10 results in injury. (Some more than others depending on what happened a-la the small of the back shove that knocks players off balance). Heat of the moment? No. This was NOT a case in which a player turns last second and you were already in the process of a check which causes said player to go into the boards. Let's put this in your context:

Top of the 9th. You're on deck. Reliever pitcher (has no control issue), sends a pitch at the batters shoulder...just gets out of the way. 2nd pitch, same thing. Third pitch hit's him in the shoulder. Like the slash 5 seconds prior. Call it an attempt to stop a scoring chance all you want, you KNOW when you wind up and take a two-handed slash you're probably going to hurt someone, like hitting a batter in the shoulder. Next, you come up. He looks right at you and toss's one right at your head. You duck just in time. 2nd pitch, you don't get out of the way on time. Boom right in the head. He stands there watching and gives you the "whats the big deal" look. Chump or "heat of the moment"? I've seen it in both sports where if a player "accidentally" hits a player (with ball or hit from behind with injury), they show some sort of remorse right then and there either stopping to check on them, or you see them holding their head like "I can't believe I just did that". I'm sorry but tossing an F-bomb in frustration is apples to oranges with this.

He knew darn well what the consequences of hitting someone like that in that area of the rink can do. While what ever injury it may be, he is lucky he didn't injure him worse as he went feet first and not head. Does it mean this guy is Ogie Ogelthorpe?? No. He has 3 major penalties in 1.5 seasons. Not horrible. Only 6 penalties last year, but already 11 so far including a couple more bigger penalties (not just trips and hooks). He deserves every slander he gets, sorry. However, the ONLY one that should matter is the feelings of Grauer. Has he reached out? By his actions on the ice, he didn't seem too concerned.

I'm sure he is a great kid and isn't an axe murderer serial killer. It does not excuse the fact that he did what he did. This was no accident.

And as I said before. Shame on the NCHA and double-triple shame on Krug if Connor only does his 1 game DQ against Trinity. You want to see it matter, give him 7 and make him sit out the SNC weekend.

Originally posted by Michael Duffy Adrian AD
    "You know our kids are competitive, sometimes the competitive nature gets to them. It's like everybody. We constantly talk to our athletes, our coaches, 'hey, put it in perspective,'" said Duffy.

Moving forward, Duffy says, these matters will also be addressed internally, while still making sure the athletes keep up their drive to win.

"You know we want them to win, that's the best experience of any college or any athlete is to win. So, just put it in perspective and do the best we can and try to keep our emotions in check," said Duffy.
    After the Finlandia brawl a couple weeks ago (guess who was out there for that one too) and now this....looks more like last years fiasco in the NCAA's went in one ear and out the other. Duffy might want to stop deflecting the blame and start holding people accountable. I just find it funny that the NCAA can suspend a coach/players for that mess last year, and with the history at Adrian the school has the peanuts to actually try to get in overturned. It just says a lot about a program. I would be willing to put money on it that if this was Norwich, Plattsburgh, or Oswego, Connor wouldn't be lacing them up any time soon. And I can guarantee Bob would have been grabbing that kid by his mask and yanking him off the ice personally. But if you as a coach/school allow players to think this is "okay" with out severe repercussions, it will only continue.
    Remy Babineaux
    remyb616@gmail.com
    D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Who would have thought it would have taken a dirty hit from Adrian for Point and Norbert fans to agree on something?
      I'm Kent...Detlefsen?

I was there for 27/92.

Comment

Habitual problems with the BullyDogs..............of course hockey is a contact sport, but it seems to cross the line with this team. We lost a great goalie his senior year from an incident with this team.
        Just saying..................

Comment

Originally posted by GBhockeygal View Post
          Habitual problems with the BullyDogs..............of course hockey is a contact sport, but it seems to cross the line with this team. We lost a great goalie his senior year from an incident with this team.
          You mean Jacobsen, who broke his leg WARMING UP WITH HIS OWN TEAMMATES BEFORE THEY TOOK THE ICE???
          FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
            You mean Jacobsen, who broke his leg WARMING UP WITH HIS OWN TEAMMATES BEFORE THEY TOOK THE ICE???
            But it happened at Arrington so it must have been Adrian's fault.
            5x NCAA D3 Ice Hockey Champion: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
            2x Super Bowl Champion: XLII, XLVI

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Coughlin View Post
              Ah. Of course.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Coughlin View Post
                NO RIT;s fault

Comment

Ill disagree with PSU Champs on one thing,3 Major pens in a season and a half is MAJOR........after checking his PIM in Jr's where things tend to get out of hand at times,his PIM's were low...........something went wrong in the past year or so???.........maybe its the college life..........Are there any rules that suspends a player longer after a designated amount of major's?? If not they may want to think about it??
                  Last edited by bakdraft21; 12-16-2016, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                    Ill disagree with PSU Champs on one thing,3 Major pens in a season and a half is MAJOR........after checking his PIM in Jr's where things tend to get out of hand at times,his PIM's were low...........something went wrong in the past year or so???.........maybe its the college life..........Are there any rules that suspends a player longer after a designated amount of major's?? If not they may want to think about it??

3 game misconducts in one season= 1 game suspension. We had a guy at Ferris a couple years ago learn that one the hard way.

This was Connor's 1st career major at the NCAA level, in the middle of his sophomore year. He's had two 10's and this major in his collegiate career, among other minors.

Freshman: 6/20 - 5 minors and a 10
                    Sophomore: 11/41 - 8 minors, a 10 and the 5+10 for this weekend.
                    Last edited by Hammer; 12-16-2016, 11:15 AM.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by GBhockeygal View Post
                      This is a ridiculous claim and completely untrue. Embarrassing to even post such a thing.

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                        Is he sorry he hurt someone, or sorry he hurt someone and will now face possible consequences? We hear it all the time at work (different clientele but same results. "I'm sorry I got caught")

Anyone who has played the game knows, checking, shoving, clipping, tripping, or whatever another player that close/far from the boards 9 times out of 10 results in injury. (Some more than others depending on what happened a-la the small of the back shove that knocks players off balance). Heat of the moment? No. This was NOT a case in which a player turns last second and you were already in the process of a check which causes said player to go into the boards. Let's put this in your context:

Top of the 9th. You're on deck. Reliever pitcher (has no control issue), sends a pitch at the batters shoulder...just gets out of the way. 2nd pitch, same thing. Third pitch hit's him in the shoulder. Like the slash 5 seconds prior. Call it an attempt to stop a scoring chance all you want, you KNOW when you wind up and take a two-handed slash you're probably going to hurt someone, like hitting a batter in the shoulder. Next, you come up. He looks right at you and toss's one right at your head. You duck just in time. 2nd pitch, you don't get out of the way on time. Boom right in the head. He stands there watching and gives you the "whats the big deal" look. Chump or "heat of the moment"? I've seen it in both sports where if a player "accidentally" hits a player (with ball or hit from behind with injury), they show some sort of remorse right then and there either stopping to check on them, or you see them holding their head like "I can't believe I just did that". I'm sorry but tossing an F-bomb in frustration is apples to oranges with this.

He knew darn well what the consequences of hitting someone like that in that area of the rink can do. While what ever injury it may be, he is lucky he didn't injure him worse as he went feet first and not head. Does it mean this guy is Ogie Ogelthorpe?? No. He has 3 major penalties in 1.5 seasons. Not horrible. Only 6 penalties last year, but already 11 so far including a couple more bigger penalties (not just trips and hooks). He deserves every slander he gets, sorry. However, the ONLY one that should matter is the feelings of Grauer. Has he reached out? By his actions on the ice, he didn't seem too concerned.

I'm sure he is a great kid and isn't an axe murderer serial killer. It does not excuse the fact that he did what he did. This was no accident.

And as I said before. Shame on the NCHA and double-triple shame on Krug if Connor only does his 1 game DQ against Trinity. You want to see it matter, give him 7 and make him sit out the SNC weekend.

After the Finlandia brawl a couple weeks ago (guess who was out there for that one too) and now this....looks more like last years fiasco in the NCAA's went in one ear and out the other. Duffy might want to stop deflecting the blame and start holding people accountable. I just find it funny that the NCAA can suspend a coach/players for that mess last year, and with the history at Adrian the school has the peanuts to actually try to get in overturned. It just says a lot about a program. I would be willing to put money on it that if this was Norwich, Plattsburgh, or Oswego, Connor wouldn't be lacing them up any time soon. And I can guarantee Bob would have been grabbing that kid by his mask and yanking him off the ice personally. But if you as a coach/school allow players to think this is "okay" with out severe repercussions, it will only continue.
                        I agree -- in most programs that are regular participants in the last weekend of the season taking even bad minor penalties will get you a night or two in the bleachers if you don't figure it out.

Comment

Glad to see you're still here boosting your self-anointed credibility by adding to your post total.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Nubs View Post
                            Glad to see you're still here boosting your self-anointed credibility by adding to your post total.
                            Glad somebody noticed. Am I at 40K yet?

For a moment I had to make sure we didn't send Tonya Harding into Jacobsen's hotel room that fateful night and bang him on the leg with a lead pipe.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Glad somebody noticed. Am I at 40K yet?

For a moment I had to make sure we didn't send Tonya Harding into Jacobsen's hotel room that fateful night and bang him on the leg with a lead pipe.
                              At this rate, you'll get there soon enough. As for a Tonya Harding type incident, Grauer could only be so lucky to have a knee contusion instead of a broken leg.

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post

Fair points. Other than maintaining that one can feel genuine remorse for an intentional action (which is the definition of the word), argument withdrawn.
                                Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

Working...
                                X