Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Games of 12/10:The team in the high Castle(ton}? Arby's and Genny! Ahhh!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Games of 12/10:The team in the high Castle(ton}? Arby's and Genny! Ahhh!

No excuse for that hit,maybe the excitement of the game got to him??? As far as penalties and suspensions go,I dont know the rules,but it should be at least 2 games,and his coach may want to lay down some new rules as far as stuff like this is concerned.Hope the injured player gets back on the ice soon.And wow that was a 2 hander before that hit happened as well........Hope Calabrese is doing better.

Comment

If the extent of his injury is as it has been described to me, Grauer has played his last NCAA game.

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
        Did you see the trainer nearly killed himself running out there?

I agree. That was a classic case of targeting/intent to injure. The initial slash was the proof for me. SP was coming down after stealing the puck in their own zone to try to put the game away on an empty netter, and it appears the Adrian player was going to have none of it ... at whatever cost.
        WOW went back and took another look,that was a serious 2 hander,was the refs arm up for that before the hit?? Would not have made a difference anyway . The player didnt seem to upset about what he had done either,he also leads the team in PIM's,just say'in.

Comment

Originally posted by altazo View Post
          If the extent of his injury is as it has been described to me, Grauer has played his last NCAA game.
          That sucks and is no way to go out your senior yr.

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
            WOW went back and took another look,that was a serious 2 hander,was the refs arm up for that before the hit?? Would not have made a difference anyway . The player didnt seem to upset about what he had done either,he also leads the team in PIM's,just say'in.
            Per CHS.net there was no call for a slash. UWSP did receive a 2 minute bench minor, but if you ask me that's not enough. I know two wrongs don't make a right, but someone should have put that dude on his ***** IMO....
            Remy Babineaux
            remyb616@gmail.com
            D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
              and his coach may want to lay down some new rules as far as stuff like this is concerned
              I wouldn't hold your breath on this one.
              5x NCAA D3 Ice Hockey Champion: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
              2x Super Bowl Champion: XLII, XLVI

Comment

That's awful.

I've said all I can say about the situation in general. Last thing from me before I'm done with this: It has come to my attention that Connor Armour was almost in tears after hearing the severity of the injury on Grauer. Again, having gotten to know Connor over the last year and change, I believe it. I have no doubt that he's very sorry that he hurt the kid.
                Last edited by Hammer; 12-14-2016, 07:40 PM.
                FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

This is correct. Just to add proper context, he had surgery the same night and will not be skating in another NCAA game.
                  Last edited by XYZ; 12-15-2016, 07:25 AM. Reason: My grammars is really goods
                  I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                    That's awful.

I've said all I can say about the situation in general. Last thing from me before I'm done with this: It has come to my attention that Connor Armour was almost in tears after hearing the severity of the injury on Grauer. Again, having gotten to know Connor over the last year and change, I believe it. I have no doubt that he's very sorry that he hurt the kid.
                    This is a load of buncombe. Every hockey player knows what plays are potentially dangerous. He may be sorry Grauer got injured but he's likely not sorry he did it or he wouldn't have done it in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Nubs View Post
                      He may be sorry Grauer got injured but he's likely not sorry he did it or he wouldn't have done it in the first place.
                      I'm sorry, but this logic doesn't make sense. Being sorry is a feeling of remorse for a mistake one committed. If one can't commit an intentional act that they later regret and feel sorry for then "remorse" and "regret" should be stricken from the English language.

Was it a dirty hit and is a suspension appropriate? Absolutely. But, I'll give the kid credit for feeling remorse and taking responsibility. People make mistakes, especially in the throes of competition. I'll save the character judgments knowing that I very well could have made the same mistake if I played hockey instead of baseball, which only allowed my regretful actions to escalate to the point of spiking helmets and yelling obscenities.
                      Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

Originally posted by NU Pastime View Post
                        I'm sorry, but this logic doesn't make sense. Being sorry is a feeling of remorse for a mistake one committed. If one can't commit an intentional act that they later regret and feel sorry for then "remorse" and "regret" should be stricken from the English language.

Was it a dirty hit and is a suspension appropriate? Absolutely. But, I'll give the kid credit for feeling remorse and taking responsibility. People make mistakes, especially in the throes of competition. I'll save the character judgments knowing that I very well could have made the same mistake if I played hockey instead of baseball, which only allowed my regretful actions to escalate to the point of spiking helmets and yelling obscenities.
                        There's defendants in courts of law every day who say they're "sorry" after they've been caught and convicted. Words ring hollow at that point. If a two-handed slash on a breakaway doesn't speak to intent I don't know what does.

Comment

There's defendants in courts of law every day who say they're "sorry" after they've been caught and convicted. Words ring hollow at that point. If a two-handed slash on a breakaway doesn't speak to intent I don't know what does.
                          That was to stop a scoring attempt. The HFB was unnecessary and was penalized. I'm hoping the NCHA lays on supplemental discipline.
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            That was to stop a scoring attempt. The HFB was unnecessary and was penalized. I'm hoping the NCHA lays on supplemental discipline.
                            Certainly a hook or a trip wouldn't have slowed a guy on a scoring attempt. Why do that when a two handed slash and a reverse bow tie crosscheck into the boards will do. Intent is beyond obvious.

Comment

Certainly a hook or a trip wouldn't have slowed a guy on a scoring attempt. Why do that when a two handed slash and a reverse bow tie crosscheck into the boards will do. Intent is beyond obvious.
                              No one is arguing intent. No one is arguing that there shouldn't be a severe punishment passed down. My only point was that just because you intended to commit an action in one moment doesn't mean that at a later moment, when emotions subside, you can't come to the realization that you were wrong and feel remorse for that action.

When I struck out in the ninth inning against Middlebury and yelled an f-bomb at the top of my lungs that the whole sporting complex heard, I fully intended to do so and thought I was justified in doing so given the level of competition. No one got hurt and I didn't face any punishment. But later on, after a discussion with my coach, I realized I had acted inappropriately and made myself look like a fool. Point being, one can (and should) feel genuine remorse for an action even if they intended to do that action and even if they have nothing to gain by doing so (like an acquital).

Point Being Part 2: In this case the Adrian player really messed up. But I'm not ready to anonymously demonize him on a message board because he made a mistake when Hammer, who personally knows him, vouches for his character.
                              Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

Originally posted by NU Pastime View Post
                                No one is arguing intent. No one is arguing that there shouldn't be a severe punishment passed down. My only point was that just because you intended to commit an action in one moment doesn't mean that at a later moment, when emotions subside, you can't come to the realization that you were wrong and feel remorse for that action.

When I struck out in the ninth inning against Middlebury and yelled an f-bomb at the top of my lungs that the whole sporting complex heard, I fully intended to do so and thought I was justified in doing so given the level of competition. No one got hurt and I didn't face any punishment. But later on, after a discussion with my coach, I realized I had acted inappropriately and made myself look like a fool. Point being, one can (and should) feel genuine remorse for an action even if they intended to do that action and even if they have nothing to gain by doing so (like an acquital).

Point Being Part 2: In this case the Adrian player really messed up. But I'm not ready to anonymously demonize him on a message board because he made a mistake when Hammer, who personally knows him, vouches for his character.
                                And we should take Hammer's word for it why exactly? Because he posts a lot in here? Do you know him and many of the other posters in here to simply take their word for it? That said I'd be inclined to agree with you if this was simply a one-off incident with this program. It is not.

Comment

Working...
                                X