Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Games of 12/10:The team in the high Castle(ton}? Arby's and Genny! Ahhh!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Games of 12/10:The team in the high Castle(ton}? Arby's and Genny! Ahhh!

UWSP 3
    Adrian 3

End 2
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

UWSP 4
      Adrian 3

Final

God, that was fun...

Comment

Adrian's reputation for clownish antics every time somebody dares to beat them are usually nothing more than being funny or sad, but now that they've upgraded to ending guy's careers I hope they're real proud of themselves. The league should add games on for that cowardly horse****, but fat chance on that one I'm sure. How many times do they need to embarrass themselves before things change? Then again when your coach is so out of control he's already been banned from the NCAAs, what can you do?
        I'm Kent...Detlefsen?

I was there for 27/92.

Comment

I didn't see Armour's hit (nor any of the game), as I was taking care of other things, and only following the game via live stats. I checked in and wondered why the clock was stuck with under a minute left for so long, so I decided to pull up the video. It was too late, and they didn't show a replay, only that there was a long delay tending to the injured player. Seeing that, and knowing that I didn't see the original hit, I suspect that the DQ is warranted.

We've got a big one out ourselves due to a Marian player sending him feet-first into the boards at full speed, and another one that took a knee-to-knee hit last weekend.

I'm sorry that the kid got hurt. I hope he is okay. Period.

And I don't think you're one to be running your mouth about who is proud of themselves, given your posting history.
          Last edited by Hammer; 12-10-2016, 11:06 PM.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
            I didn't see Armour's hit (nor any of the game), as I was taking care of other things, and only following the game via live stats. I checked in and wondered why the clock was stuck with under a minute left for so long, so I decided to pull up the video. It was too late, and they didn't show a replay, only that there was a long delay tending to the injured player. Seeing that, and knowing that I didn't see the original hit, I suspect that the DQ is warranted.

We've got a big one out ourselves due to a Marian player sending him feet-first into the boards at full speed, and another one that took a knee-to-knee hit last weekend.

I'm sorry that the kid got hurt. I hope he is okay. Period.

And I don't think you're one to be running your mouth about who is proud of themselves, given your posting history.
            Ah, the old ad hom attack. Ignoring that, how many times does this need to happen? Whatever, go start some more fights with Finlandia. That sure was an impressive performance a few weeks ago. Piling up 120 penalty minutes or whatever in a 10-1 win is a surefire way to lay the groundwork for that national title that you should have won about six years ago. Reputations exist for a reason, they are earned, not contrived in the weak manner you attempted. Start owning it.
            I'm Kent...Detlefsen?

I was there for 27/92.

Comment

Originally posted by BetterInLakePlacid View Post
              Ah, the old ad hom attack. Ignoring that, how many times does this need to happen? Whatever, go start some more fights with Finlandia. That sure was an impressive performance a few weeks ago. Piling up 120 penalty minutes or whatever in a 10-1 win is a surefire way to lay the groundwork for that national title that you should have won about six years ago. Reputations exist for a reason, they are earned, not contrived in the weak manner you attempted. Start owning it.
              Starting the fight with Finlandia? When our guy got knee'd (and their guy took the DQ)?

As for the penalties we've got to deal with re: the NCAA tournament, get off your lazy *** and look at what I wrote regarding them. It's not too hard to find.

UWSP and fans (and whoever got thrown out of the arena tonight after the hit...funny we've never had anything remotely like that in our barn) have absolutely no high ground to stand on here. Where are you going to take your ball and run to if WIAC schools become irrelevant again (like they did in the old NCHA)? ACHA club hockey?

Yes. Reputations are earned. Ours isn't the best from an on-ice discipline standpoint. I've never made any bones about that. If you'd use your eyes instead of your keyboard, you'd see that. But no, you've earned your reputation on this board yourself.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Starting the fight with Finlandia? When our guy got knee'd (and their guy took the DQ)?

As for the penalties we've got to deal with re: the NCAA tournament, get off your lazy *** and look at what I wrote regarding them. It's not too hard to find.

UWSP and fans (and whoever got thrown out of the arena tonight after the hit...funny we've never had anything remotely like that in our barn) have absolutely no high ground to stand on here. Where are you going to take your ball and run to if WIAC schools become irrelevant again (like they did in the old NCHA)? ACHA club hockey?

Yes. Reputations are earned. Ours isn't the best from an on-ice discipline standpoint. I've never made any bones about that. If you'd use your eyes instead of your keyboard, you'd see that. But no, you've earned your reputation on this board yourself.
                Hey look, it's an entire flock of non sequiturs. Impressive, though anything but surprising from someone with a reputation like yours.
                I'm Kent...Detlefsen?

I was there for 27/92.

Comment

When called out re: the Finlandia game, you've got nothing. Typical.

I'll put my reputation around here against yours. Every day of the week.

PIMs this year:

Adrian: 103 for 290 minutes, 112 of which were in one game.
                  Opponents: 119 for 319, 127 of which were in one game.

Take out the Finlandia debacle, and Adrian is at 178 PIMs in 11 other games (16.18/game). Our opponents would be at 192 PIMs, for 17.45/game.

UWSP: 107 for 261
                  Opponents: 98 for 238.

UWSP has taken more penalties than their opposition. Hmmmm....

You want to explain this game?

http://collegehockeystats.net/1617/boxes/mstjwsp1.n12

A headbutting AND a CTH? 32 minutes of game play apart?

Glass houses and stones, my friend.
                  Last edited by Hammer; 12-10-2016, 11:34 PM.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by BetterInLakePlacid View Post
                    Adrian's reputation for clownish antics every time somebody dares to beat them are usually nothing more than being funny or sad, but now that they've upgraded to ending guy's careers I hope they're real proud of themselves. The league should add games on for that cowardly horse****, but fat chance on that one I'm sure. How many times do they need to embarrass themselves before things change? Then again when your coach is so out of control he's already been banned from the NCAAs, what can you do?
                    Glad someone is speaking out about the lack of class from some involved with Adrian. Won't paint the whole team with the same brush but there are a few people involved with the team who should be looking real hard in the mirror and thinking about their immaturity and conduct this season and last. I used to enjoy watching the games because it was good hockey with relatively minor and few penalties. That isn't the case now. Hope someone steps up and gets some control back on the bench and on the ice before another player get seriously injured.

Comment

When called out re: the Finlandia game, you've got nothing. Typical.

I'll put my reputation around here against yours. Every day of the week.

PIMs this year:

Adrian: 103 for 290 minutes, 112 of which were in one game.
                      Opponents: 119 for 319, 127 of which were in one game.

Take out the Finlandia debacle, and Adrian is at 178 PIMs in 11 other games (16.18/game). Our opponents would be at 192 PIMs, for 17.45/game.

UWSP: 107 for 261
                      Opponents: 98 for 238.

UWSP has taken more penalties than their opposition. Hmmmm....

You want to explain this game?

http://collegehockeystats.net/1617/boxes/mstjwsp1.n12

A headbutting AND a CTH? 32 minutes of game play apart?

Glass houses and stones, my friend.
                      Now we're talking about reputations on message boards and whose are better? What is this? The third grade? Maybe you guys should meet behind the iron gate and settle this once and for all.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyfan777 View Post
                        Glad someone is speaking out about the lack of class from some involved with Adrian. Won't paint the whole team with the same brush but there are a few people involved with the team who should be looking real hard in the mirror and thinking about their immaturity and conduct this season and last. I used to enjoy watching the games because it was good hockey with relatively minor and few penalties. That isn't the case now. Hope someone steps up and gets some control back on the bench and on the ice before another player get seriously injured.
                        Not hard to figure out who you're shooting at there. As an aside, we took a hell of a lot more penalties in years past than we have the last couple.

Funny how none of this comes out when we're winning....

Frankly, I've got bigger issues 1) health, 2) goaltending, and 3) penalty kill. A .905 save percentage and a .794 PK isn't going to get us far, especially with SNC sitting there at .949 save % and .946 PK. Holy pants. (Note: it's also not hard to figure out who I'm shooting at there).

This team is quite young (only 3 seniors), and the freshman are coming along very nicely, but maaan, we've got some work to do. And Adam and Co. know it.
                        Last edited by Hammer; 12-10-2016, 11:49 PM.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Nubs View Post
                          Now we're talking about reputations on message boards and whose are better? What is this? The third grade? Maybe you guys should meet behind the iron gate and settle this once and for all.
                          In my little home town it was the Water Tower. . Besides, it's easier to bomb throw from behind a computer instead of standing in front of players, coaches and parents and saying the same thing.

God, that was fun...

Comment

All right. Are we done purse-fighting for the night? Is it out of everyone's system? Are we good now? (I suspect not, but we'll see...)

There's a handful of games before the calendar flips to 2017, but I'm looking farther ahead. Right now, pure speculation (and I know better than this, but it's 1 AM here and I'm going to do it anyway), but here's a rough cut of where I think we're at re: NCAA's. Taking records from collegehockeystats:

CCC - 1 bid (do they have their Pool A?)
                            ECAC-W - Utica, maybe Hobart?
                            MIAC - 1 bid
                            NCHA- Adrian, SNC
                            NEHC: Norwich
                            NESCAC: 1 bid
                            SUNYAC: Oswego, Buff St, Geneseo?
                            WIAC - UWSP, UWEC (1 Pool B)
                            NE10 - 1 bid

Unless something really weird happens (and it usually does), upon initial look, we've got roughly 14 teams looking for 12 bids, yes?

Tell me how full of **** I am here. I know I'm missing something.
                            Last edited by Hammer; 12-11-2016, 12:02 AM.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyfan777 View Post
                              Holy crap, I read that post and was like I didn't type that...Get your own name dude, I have been on here too **** long to have people mistake me for you....

Comment

All right. Are we done purse-fighting for the night? Is it out of everyone's system? Are we good now? (I suspect not, but we'll see...)

There's a handful of games before the calendar flips to 2017, but I'm looking farther ahead. Right now, pure speculation (and I know better than this, but it's 1 AM here and I'm going to do it anyway), but here's a rough cut of where I think we're at re: NCAA's. Taking records from collegehockeystats:

CCC - 1 bid (do they have their Pool A?)
                                ECAC-W - Utica, maybe Hobart?
                                MIAC - 1 bid
                                NCHA- Adrian, SNC
                                NEHC: Norwich
                                NESCAC: 1 bid
                                SUNYAC: Oswego, Buff St, Geneseo?
                                WIAC - UWSP, UWEC (1 Pool B)
                                NE10 - 1 bid

Unless something really weird happens (and it usually does), upon initial look, we've got roughly 14 teams looking for 12 bids, yes?

Tell me how full of **** I am here. I know I'm missing something.
                                Lot of hockey left to be played, but yeah that's a pretty good rough estimate right now.
                                The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                                "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                                GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                                GO LAKERS!!!
                                GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                                "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                                Oswego State '09

Comment

Working...
                                X