NCAA Tournament - 12 Teams in 2016-17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by XYZ View Post
    Fan the flames of a dead fire much? You said utter. Haha.
    The U.P. should be the 27th star on Old Glory.

Comment

Originally posted by walktheline View Post
      Fan the flames of a dead fire much? You said utter. Haha.
      Not at all. But the NCAA, through its bureaucratic majesty, has created all sorts of processes and procedures that are admittedly difficult to understand. Nonetheless, they are all there in writing for anyone who desires to examine them and actually learn something. Focusing on or discussing things that fall well outside the governing processes is a fool's errand, a waste of time, doesn't speak well of those engaging in it who should full well know better, and actually does a disservice to the handful of people actually interested in learning how things truly work.

It was clear no one had much interest in any of that after I posted the links the first time so I reiterated the point. It's quite remarkable sometimes.

By the way, wasn't sure if I wanted to say this publicly, but there's a major push to go with six pods of two and play down to a Subzero Six. Which I presume will be hosted in Utica.
      I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

Not at all. But the NCAA, through its bureaucratic majesty, has created all sorts of processes and procedures that are admittedly difficult to understand. Nonetheless, they are all there in writing for anyone who desires to examine them and actually learn something. Focusing on or discussing things that fall well outside the governing processes is a fool's errand, a waste of time, doesn't speak well of those engaging in it who should full well know better, and actually does a disservice to the handful of people actually interested in learning how things truly work.

It was clear no one had much interest in any of that after I posted the links the first time so I reiterated the point. It's quite remarkable sometimes.

By the way, wasn't sure if I wanted to say this publicly, but there's a major push to go with six pods of two and play down to a Subzero Six. Which I presume will be hosted in Utica.

My apologies as I took your repost quite differently than you had intended.

Most in this thread, I think, have a reasonable understanding of the broad system that DIII hockey championships sets forth. I'm personally not keen on the in-region selection rules, especially the 500 mile stipulation. However, the committee has been known to relax on that rule in previous seasons (I believe 2008, 2011) to make work.

I must also say, the team I root for is Pool B material so any change to the system would likely increase their odds.
        The U.P. should be the 27th star on Old Glory.

Comment

Re: NCAA Tournament - 12 Teams in 2016-17

You better trademark that name now!
          Russell Jaslow
          [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
          U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
            I believe Phil Jackson already has...
            Steve
            Penn State Class of '95
            Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
              Working on it. Also currently engaged with Dasani in some ballbusting negotiations re sponsorship.

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                Last year 11 teams, 5 byes. All 4 western teams got byes and one eastern team (Hobart) got a bye. It wasn't possible for all of the byes to go to the midwest if there were only 4 midwest teams. The byes will be determined based in part on travel issues. If exactly 4 West teams make the tournament, it is almost a guarantee that all 4 byes go to the West. That is the way the system works, the right structure theoretically would give the top 4 teams regardless of region byes. and match up 12 vs. 5, 11 vs. 6, 10 vs. 7, and 9 vs. 8. However because of the rule that a 500 mile trip requires a flight, and flights must be minimized in the first two rounds, that scenario will not happen.
                Just finally getting around to see what people are talking about this year. Your post leaves me in the perennial position of thinking "I thought we covered this last year"
                The "Miracle" was winning the Gold Medal Game against the Finns. I'm biased, I was there.

Comment

Working on it. Also currently engaged with Dasani in some ballbusting negotiations re sponsorship.
                  Water under the bridge
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    Water under the bridge
                    Incorrect. I received a report of a Coke/Dasani incident as recently as six weeks ago. True story. It will never die.

Comment

Working...
                    X