Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS Elect Trump I: Get in pu$$y - we're gonna make American great again

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    The Republicans are going to hurt a lot of people, but they're going to go down in flames.
    No. We have elected Trump AFTER experiencing 8 years of GW Bush. It's over. And you know it's over.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Middle and low income whites give Republicans a clean sweep of government. The Republicans give them their thank you, good and hard.

A 65-year-old at the top of the scale, a $118,500 average earner, would see his benefits cut by 25 percent when he retired in 2030, compared to the current law, and that reduction would grow to 55 percent compared to current law by the time the retiree was 85 years old. Likewise, those cuts get larger the longer the law is in place. The 65 year-old at the top of scale who retires in 2050 will see a 43 percent cut in his benefits, compared to current law, that will grow to a 74 percent reduction by the time he is 85.
      The poor suckers. They f-cked you, dummies! They f-cked you before the ink was even dry.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        No. We have elected Trump AFTER experiencing 8 years of GW Bush. It's over. And you know it's over.
        I know you like to b-tch and moan. This is not the End. There is no End. Defeatism is just an excuse to turn the brain off.
        Cornell University
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Yeah, but that's the Scooby Strut -- you've been talking like that ever since I can remember.

It will be bad -- an untrammeled far right with the courts in its pocket can rip out a lot of wires and cause a tremendous amount of pain. But there are a few things working in our favor:

(1) Look at them. They barely have the ability to tie their shoes without lying and skimming off the top. They will be cutting each other's throats in no time. They will degenerate into corruption almost immediately. This is basically an organized crime mob and despite the glamorous books criminal gangs are volatile, self-destructive, and at heart stupid. They will be their own worst enemy.

(2) Never underestimate the power of inertia. Everything they want to do takes time to do. They can get away with cutting corners for a while, but the entire federal bureaucracy is set up to prevent anyone from altering it, plus it is manned by educated liberals who are absolute enemies of these conservatives and can think rings around them. Remember the scene in 12 O'clock High where Gregory Peck's aide de camp gums up the men's transfer requests by forcing them through ridiculous bureaucratic hoops? Now imagine a bureaucracy of four million doing that to Trump's corporate peacocks -- and doing it delightedly. I almost feel sorry for them.

(3) Elections are never far away. House Members are essentially always running. As problems happen, cracks will form in the GOP caucus along a hundred different fault lines. A brilliant leadership would have trouble holding them together and, once again, look at them. There are no lions in the GOP leadership -- only jackals and weasels.

Obama fought against all the headwinds and even with a mandate and the cooperation of the federal bureaucracy he got very little done. If you think the GOP is going to repeal the 20th century and put us all the way back to the mercy of a ravenous Gilded Age Scrooge McDuck Class, well... I will take that bet.

The Republicans are going to hurt a lot of people, but they're going to go down in flames.
          And then someone like Obama gets elected, and spends 8 years trying to fix the mess, and just when things start getting stable, and able to build on, the idiots elect another Republican. Rinse and repeat.
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
            And then someone like Obama gets elected, and spends 8 years trying to fix the mess, and just when things start getting stable, and able to build on, the idiots elect another Republican. Rinse and repeat.
            It's the ciiiiiiiiiiiiircle of liiiiiiiiiife!
            Cornell University

Comment

Middle and low income whites give Republicans a clean sweep of government. The Republicans give them their thank you, good and hard.

The poor suckers. They f-cked you, dummies! They f-cked you before the ink was even dry.
              But do the dummies even realize they've been effed, through the Repub noise machine that constantly tells them that they're making things better for them? See, facts don't matter anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                I know you like to b-tch and moan. This is not the End. There is no End. Defeatism is just an excuse to turn the brain off.
                Realism. Not defeatism.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I don't know if we are, but low income working class whites are.

LOL. Freedumb's just another word for nothin' left to lose.
                  For as long as I've been salaried, white-collar worker, I have always planned for retirement as though social security will not exist in 35-40 years, and have told my friends they should be doing the same. If it's still around, then great, that's a bonus. But don't assume it will be there in 2055.

Comment

Is that really what he said? I always wondered.
                    Yeah. Liberal souls everywhere are calling out for Mr. Wizard.

Speaking of which: When I think back on how much Rocky and Bulwinkle had to offer us as kids, I'm a little stunned.
                    Last edited by burd; 12-09-2016, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      For as long as I've been salaried, white-collar worker, I have always planned for retirement as though social security will not exist in 35-40 years, and have told my friends they should be doing the same. If it's still around, then great, that's a bonus. But don't assume it will be there in 2055.
                      Easy for you to do, being a salaried, white collar worker.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                        Easy for you to do, being a salaried, white collar worker.
                        Yeah, I know...

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                          Realism. Not defeatism.
                          The French were realists. Churchill was not.
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

So Trump's supporters started a "Lock her up" chant at one of the victory rallies today. Trump's response: "That plays great before the election; now we don't care"

Suckers.

Meanwhile, here was the Trump Transition team's official statement on the CIA report that Russia influenced the election:

"These are the same people that said Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction. The election ended a long time ago in one of the biggest Electoral College victories in history[By percentage, his victory ranks 46th out of 58 elections, to be exact--me]. It’s now time to move on and ‘Make America Great Again,'”
                            Nice to know which side our future president is on.

It's also interesting to see what appears to be a bit of a political war between the FBI and CIA over the presidency. I feel like something like that happened before with a lot of mistrust between the two. And then something happened, I don't remember what, but they started working together again. Anyway, looks like that is done now, but I'm sure it will be fine.
                            Originally posted by dicaslover
                            Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                            Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                              The French were realists. Churchill was not.
                              Lock her up.

Comment

How Can Love Survive - Apologies to Rogers and Hammerstein

Bill: In all the famous love affairs
                                The lovers have to struggle
                                In garret rooms away upstairs
                                The lovers starve and snuggle

They're famous for misfortune which
                                They seem to have no fear of
                                While lovers who are very rich
                                You very seldom hear of

Hillary: No little shack do you share with me
                                We do not flee from a mortgagee
                                Nary a care in the world have we
                                B: How can love survive?

H: You're fond of bonds and you own a lot
                                I have a plane and a diesel yacht
                                B: Plenty of nothing you haven't got
                                How can love survive?

H: No rides for us on the top of a bus
                                In the face of the freezing breezes
                                B: You reach your goals in your comfy old rolls
                                Or in one of your Mercedeses

H: Far, very far off the beam are we
                                Quaint and bizarre as a team are we
                                Two millionaires with a dream are we
                                We're keeping romance alive

Two millionaires with a dream are we
                                We'll make our love survive

No little cold water flat have we
                                Warmed by the glow of insolvency
                                B: Up to your necks in security
                                How can love survive?

H: How can I show what I feel for you?
                                I cannot go out and steal for you
                                I cannot die like Camile for you
                                How can love survive?

B: You millionaires with financial affairs
                                Are too busy for simple pleasure
                                When you are poor it is toujours l'amour
                                For l'amour all the poor have leisure

H: Caught in our gold plated chains are we
                                Lost in our wealthy domains are we
                                Trapped by our capital gains are we
                                But we'll keep romance alive

B: Trapped by our capital gains are we
                                H: We'll make our love survive

Read more: The Sound Of Music - How Can Love Survive? Lyrics
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X