Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Days Since Last Mass Shooting: 0 - II

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
    I'm the first to admit I am not the most tech-sophisticated person around. But if I read this correctly, if you download this extension onto your computer, every time something on Google or twitter or facebook or the like would read "alt-right", this program would change it so that you, or anyone using your computer, would see the phrase "white supremacy" instead? Meanwhile, for everyone else who hasn't loaded this onto their computer, it still reads "alt-right?"

That can't be correct, is it? If so, that has to be the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Who would do that to their own computer? What, you don't trust yourself to remember that alt-right groups are in many instances white supremacist groups?

Is there some sort of perverse sexual pleasure people get from having their computers make this change for them?
    Didn't most of you use it to change Trump to Rex Imperator?
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      You have obviously never used the Mister T-enator.
      I pity the foo' who uses the Mr. T -enator ...

Nearly as useful as the Jar Jar Binks -enator. < facepalm >
      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        (used to play Hearts though back in the day and Euchre)
        You have to learn pinochle growing up in ND. And whist. Forced into bridge by my lunch crowd while living out east.

Never got into Hearts. Never learned Euchre; learned the modified (corrupted?) version called 500.
        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Sheepshead. When I was 19, I won $1100 in a 20-hour Thanksgiving Day Sheepshead game with a bunch of old guys at a friend's hunting* camp. The stakes were $1, $2, $3, Double-on-the-bump, crack, re-crack and re-re-crack. It was a proud moment. Also, does anyone know what I'm talking about?

*As far as I could tell, no one actually ever went hunting, or shot a deer in the history of this camp, so I use the term rather loosely.
          Originally posted by WiscTJK
          I'm with Wisko and Tim.
          Originally posted by Timothy A
          Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

I learned some bastardized form of Euchre (I think it was crossed with Sheepshead, but it worked). Spent HOURS with friends playing that game, poolside at a buddy's apt complex.

Hearts is a great game, too.

The only other old person game I ever learned was Mah Jong. It was pretty much a requirement in our family, as we have some ivory tile sets floating around as heirlooms to the first born of each branch of family.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              I learned some bastardized form of Euchre (I think it was crossed with Sheepshead, but it worked). Spent HOURS with friends playing that game, poolside at a buddy's apt complex.

Hearts is a great game, too.

The only other old person game I ever learned was Mah Jong. It was pretty much a requirement in our family, as we have some ivory tile sets floating around as heirlooms to the first born of each branch of family.
              Spades for me. Learned it in the break room at work on long weekend nights. And not white man's Spades either, the real ****.
              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                Spades for me. Learned it in the break room at work on long weekend nights. And not white man's Spades either, the real ****.
                Forgot about Spades. Dam straight, Wonderbread.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  Forgot about Spades. Dam straight, Wonderbread.
                  Pick up your book and cherish it, you two ain't getting no more.
                  U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                  Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                  But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                  Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                  Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

I have to set this up because it's part of the romanticism of the story.

We were in Paris for a trip back in high school, we stayed up one night shooting **** and playing cards and a few of the guys were smoking cigars (smoking was allowed in this area). This public room was filled with smoke and it was about 2 or 3 AM. The last game of the night was spades.

I was watching and the one team was down by so much they were forced to go blind 13. Ended up hitting it and winning the game on that hand. Never seen a 13 before or since, and definitely not a blind. It was amazing. We decided to call it a night after that hand because nothing was going to top that.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Re: Days Since Last Mass Shooting: 0 - II

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                      You have to learn pinochle growing up in ND. And whist.
                      True. 2,3, and 4-handed whist.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                        True. 2,3, and 4-handed whist.
                        ... and 4 and 6-handed pinochle.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                          A primer to the real sh-t. Like the author I've never met a white person who was even passable at real spades. They just don't have the heart.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            A primer to the real sh-t. Like the author I've never met a white person who was even passable at real spades. They just don't have the heart.
                            Boo. That's not even a good pun.
                            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                              Boo. That's not even a good pun.
                              Nyuck nyuck.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

So ... spades is just whist with an always defined single-suit trump suit and wildcards. Oh, and you always have to go high. Got it.

< now I'z gots ta gets my get my punk ***** *** up and run for the door >

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Working...
                                X