This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    The roster also said she was a boy though. So if the roster says it, she isn't clearly female, I can understand how that happens. Why Nebraska doesn't use player cards is beyond me. Hard laminated, photo ID, and issued at league registration.
    They do, or at least did when I played 20 years ago, but maybe not for that young of an age. Or maybe it was just a shoddy tournament.

Comment

• Re: Nice Planet 13: This Planet Sucks

Could be.

I know in Minnesota if you were in an MYSA non-rec league, you had a card.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
        They do, or at least did when I played 20 years ago, but maybe not for that young of an age. Or maybe it was just a shoddy tournament.
        Sounds like a shoddy tournament to me. If she was registered as a boy, which sounds like a suspicious story, that's something that could've been cleared up at credential check-in. The fact that it wasn't is a red flag for bad organization. It at least should've been caught by the first game at a roster check. Plus, I'm gonna put it out there and say race was a factor here, if this girl was white and blonde this doesn't happen, it would've been quietly corrected and the world keeps spinning. This sounds like a team got PO'd about being beat her team, protesting to the tournament organizers and then an a****** of a tournament director. Not the first time this has happened.
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
          Plus, I'm gonna put it out there and say race was a factor here, if this girl was white and blonde this doesn't happen, it would've been quietly corrected and the world keeps spinning.
          That is a ridiculous statement with absolutely no proof to back it up. Not everyone sees race in people like you do.

The team name is the Azzuri Cachorros, so probably a pretty high number of Hispanic players on the team, yet these "Nebraska hicks" decided to wait until the finals to screw the team over?
          Last edited by cF[Authentic]; 06-06-2017, 12:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post
            That is a ridiculous statement with absolutely no proof to back it up. Not everyone sees race in people like you do.

The team name is the Azzuri Cachorros, so probably a pretty high number of Hispanic players on the team, yet these "Nebraska hicks" decided to wait until the finals to screw the team over?
            The "you're the real racist" response. Sure.
            I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

The "you're the real racist" response. Sure.
              What else is it then? You're seeing racism for what reason? Because she is Hispanic? If the sole reason you assume there is racism is that she is a minority and it's Nebraska then you probably look for racism in every situation.

And why is that? Because you see it so frequently in Alaska? Or do you just perceive it like you perceived racism in this situation.
              Last edited by cF[Authentic]; 06-06-2017, 01:20 PM.

Comment

What else is it then? You're seeing racism for what reason? Because she is Hispanic? If the sole reason you assume there is racism is being she is a minority and it's Nebraska then you're looking for racism in every situation.
                Ok, if there's not a racist element, please tell us what it is then.

I said I believe race is a factor. It's a Hispanic girl on a largely Hispanic team, that is winning BTW, playing in a youth soccer tournament. An atmosphere I have plenty of experience in being a referee. It's not far fetched to go "gee I wonder if race is an element?" Especially since I've seen it before.
                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Ok, if there's not a racist element, please tell us what it is then.

I said I believe race is a factor. It's a Hispanic girl on a largely Hispanic team, that is winning BTW, playing in a youth soccer tournament. An atmosphere I have plenty of experience in being a referee. It's not far fetched to go "gee I wonder if race is an element?" Especially since I've seen it before.
                  Did you actually see it before, or did you read about it and assume it was there?

You're probably right in the part where some disgruntled team lost to this team and the coach or a parent looked at a roster, saw the mistake saying she was a boy and reported it. It's sour grapes and parents/coaches being crazy at 11-year old soccer tournaments.

Comment

Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post
                    It's sour grapes and parents/coaches being crazy at 11-year old soccer tournaments.
                    I'm inclined to agree. It's certainly possible there was a racial element but in the absence of any evidence Ockham's razor recommends we stick to the simplest explanation: petty, nasty, moronic, Trump-voting* parents.

* Given the other three attributes, this follows syllogistically.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      I'm inclined to agree. It's certainly possible there was a racial element but in the absence of any evidence Ockham's razor recommends we stick to the simplest explanation: petty, nasty, moronic, Trump-voting* parents.

* Given the other three attributes, this follows syllogistically.
                      Pay no attention to this map and where at least two of the teams in that tournament come from.

I now know way too much about the 2017 Ray Heimes Springfield Soccer Invitational.

Comment

I grew up in Nebraska, and believe me, there is plenty of racism there. Omaha itself is a highly segregated city (Blacks north, Hispanics south, whites west) with one of the poorest African American populations in the country.

Only a couple years ago, the opposing high school threw green cards on the field when they were playing Omaha South in the state tourney. But I'm sure South's large Hispanic enrollment had nothing to do with that...

Comment

Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post
                          Pay no attention to this map and where at least two of the teams in that tournament come from.

I now know way too much about the 2017 Ray Heimes Springfield Soccer Invitational.
                          It was soccer, right? Them fairy parents who let their kids play soccer are obviously Dems. Republican parents make their kids play fubaw. The girls they pull from school at 12 so they can start learnin em to cook.
                          Cornell University
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            It was soccer, right? Them fairy parents who let their kids play soccer are obviously Dems. Republican parents make their kids play fubaw. The girls they pull from school at 12 so they can start learnin em to cook.
                            Kep, you'd be surprised how many RWNJ parents have their kids play soccer.
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                              I grew up in Nebraska, and believe me, there is plenty of racism there. Omaha itself is a highly segregated city (Blacks north, Hispanics south, whites west) with one of the poorest African American populations in the country.

Only a couple years ago, the opposing high school threw green cards on the field when they were playing Omaha South in the state tourney. But I'm sure South's large Hispanic enrollment had nothing to do with that...
                              High school kids did something that was racist? Shocking!!!

Your single story definitely proves there is racism in Nebraska and that it played a role in this soccer tournament.

Comment

Kep, you'd be surprised how many RWNJ parents have their kids play soccer.
                                Soccer's actually big out here in WV redneck country. It's cheap and the school districts are poor because PROPERTY TAX OH NOES TEH SOCIIALISM!!!1! But everybody's got money to spend at the track.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X