X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nice Planet 13: This Planet Sucks

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    American Airlines announces they are reducing leg room in coach again.
    Screw them.
    I assume they're adding an additional row of seats as a part of this?

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
      American Airlines announces they are reducing leg room in coach again.
      Screw them.
      American must be expanding its service to Mpls, anticipating more passengers in coach with short legs and log forearms.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        I assume they're adding an additional row of seats as a part of this?
        Nope. They're instead adding a ballroom in the aft compartments.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
          American must be expanding its service to Mpls, anticipating more passengers in coach with short legs and log forearms.
          Well we know it isnt WI or ND cause they would need to make the seats wider
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
            Nope. They're instead adding a ballroom in the aft compartments.
            No, no, NO! They're adding a boxing ring/steel cage.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

The story

The really stupid part of this? The rows with 29" of pitch (same as Spirit, btw) won't even be the last 3 rows of the aircraft, and won't necessarily be sold as "basic economy" either. So now, you can fly Spirit, while paying legacy carrier prices.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                Well we know it isnt WI or ND cause they would need to make the seats wider
                Heyooooo!

Comment

I have to assume we're just moving towards the day when we all end up standing on the plane, maybe with some sort of half seat, adjustable up or down, that we can lean up against.
                  That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                    I have to assume we're just moving towards the day when we all end up standing on the plane, maybe with some sort of half seat, adjustable up or down, that we can lean up against.
                    I figure it's going to look a lot like a Japanese subway car during rush hour in Tokyo.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                      Or like the cargo in the Middle Passage.
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                        Ryan Air has that for its puddle-jumper flights. The seats look more like an NHL bench with a seat back, set roughly that same height.

If you've never been on an NHL bench, they sit a number of inches taller than your standard municipal rink's benches, so it's almost like you're perched on the edge of the bench rather than sitting on it, if you want your feet to touch the floor.
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                          Ryan Air has that for its puddle-jumper flights. The seats look more like an NHL bench with a seat back, set roughly that same height.
                          LOL. They look like a bed-side commode, without the waste compartment underneath.

Comment

Given that Uber plays as dirty as they do, this is not surprising, but I'll admit it's actually pretty clever. Probably illegal, but pretty clever.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              Given that Uber plays as dirty as they do, this is not surprising, but I'll admit it's actually pretty clever. Probably illegal, but pretty clever.
                              For the smartest criminals, I will almost never doubt their creativity and intelligence. It's why they are that good in the first place. I can't see how this is legal.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

This waste of oxygen again.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X