X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nice Planet 13: This Planet Sucks

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    And attract them.

Is all the talk about axing Bill O just speculation? I can't believe they'd kill the goose than bears the golden hate eggs.
    Las Vegas Review Journal is saying he's out.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/entert...t-at-fox-news/
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
      Las Vegas Review Journal is saying he's out.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/entert...t-at-fox-news/
      The MSM is reporting it as confirmed now.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/19/b...ions.html?_r=0

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        He wouldnt be fired because of how he harassed women...for that he gets a raise at Faux. He has committed the cardinal sin though...he is costing them money. Between lawsuits and advertisers fleeing Faux has no choice. It is the capitalist thing to do
        The free market is right! Same with the whole United fiasco

Comment

People like O'Reilly, Howard Stern, whatever blowhard you want to name, is that not only do they draw the people who are fans, they draw people who AREN'T fans. The non-fans want to hear what these people say next, so they can complain about what crap the hosts spew.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            People like O'Reilly, Howard Stern, whatever blowhard you want to name, is that not only do they draw the people who are fans, they draw people who AREN'T fans. The non-fans want to hear what these people say next, so they can complain about what crap the hosts spew.
            So true! My grandma hated letterman, and used to watch him every night so she could ***** about him the next day!!

Comment

It's the old adage: the average radio listener lasts 5 minutes before changing stations. Fans of Howard Stern listen 15 minutes, because they want to hear what he'll say next. Haters of Howard Stern listen for 30 minutes...because they want to hear what he'll say next.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                I guess this is right but I just can't crawl into those heads. I can't listen to that stuff because the stupidity just BOTHERS me. The obvious contradictions and appeals to emotion occur regularly. This is infuriating -- even moreso when it's a "friendly" POV.

Stupidity is repellent. It's why all advertising and almost all editorial content are unwatchable / unlistenable. It's beneath the audience, and after 10 seconds I'm reaching for the off switch with blood in my eyes.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I can only go for a little Rush when I'm driving around in his prime territory. A couple of years ago, I tuned him in for the lulz while driving around in southern Utah.

Comment

I'd like to congratulate Fox News on their Bill O'Reilly replacement.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b091e58f3806d7

However, as evidenced from a statement Carlson made on a previous show of his, taking over the space from O’Reilly is hardly a giant win for those rooting for O’Reilly’s departure.

During a 2006 segment on Carlson’s former MSNBC show, “Tucker,” Democratic strategist Steve McMahon claimed that Democrats taking control over Congress would usher in an era of “a lot more fun.”

In a slight departure from the topic, Carlson responded with a reveal of his own feelings about sexual harassment.

“A lot more fun?” Carlson said. “This is a group that made up the concept of sexual harassment. ‘You look great today.’ ‘Boom, I‘m charging you with a crime.’”

As noted in The Daily Dish back in 2007, Carlson also spoke about sexual harassment on an earlier iteration of his MSNBC show.

“So it‘s basically everything related to sex that we don‘t like is now sexual harassment,” said Carlson.
                    Congratulations Fox. Congratulations.
                    Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 04-20-2017, 02:24 PM.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

On the bright side, the clip of Jon Stewart that resulted in Crossfire being cancelled will be relevant again.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                        On the bright side, the clip of Jon Stewart that resulted in Crossfire being cancelled will be relevant again.
                        Yeah, he took down that show. I saw that live. I used to watch that show.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

Don't forget this was the guy who made a comment about a colleague and a "pearl necklace"
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Nice to see our Presidents favorite country has banned Jehovah's Witnesses and declared them an "extremist group".
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                              Nice to see our Presidents favorite country has banned Jehovah's Witnesses and declared them an "extremist group".
                              It's a start.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                                Are they being burned at the stake? If not, Vlad has some catching up to do.
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X