X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nice Planet 13: This Planet Sucks

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    He could have. I doubt it, but someone knows, from my knowledge.
    I don't think that word means what you think it does. If you KNOW that someone knows something, YOU are withholding information from the police.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      But you do? Please you came in here spouting off about how "someone knows something" and how disturbing it was no one was helping out and then when dx said "you didnt read the article" you kept going. Then when he mentioned how the article said "family and friends are helping" you then went on about how much experience you have reading books talking down to dx like he is some 12 year old who has no idea about such things.

Guess what, you arent the only one who has experience with such things. Hell I have dealt with actual snitches (most of whom didnt get stitches) and and criminals who have been snitched on and I have read/studied plenty about it. Difference between you and me is I dont pretend that means I know anything about this particular story. You may be right, the article may be right...hell no one could be right. The only one in here acting like they know everything about everything is you. It certainly isnt me who has now said twice he doesnt know.
      But here's my question. Did dx "know" Brent didn't read the article, or was he just making an educated guess but stating it as fact?
      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
        I don't think that word means what you think it does. If you KNOW that someone knows something, YOU are withholding information from the police.
        From my knowledge about situations such as this one, I am making an educated guess. Very few times, no one knows anything. And when I state an opinion such as this, and then get asked "Are you high?", well, I don't appreciate being talked down to, and will fire back in like fashion.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
          But here's my question. Did dx "know" Brent didn't read the article, or was he just making an educated guess but stating it as fact?
          Well technically he was assuming...but considering Brent was making statements that ran contrary to what the article said he either didnt read it or cant read
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I live near and work adjacently to the neighborhood where this happened. I know a little bit about the culture in this neighborhood as they are the people I work with and treat. I do not perceive a culture that would protect an act like this. The vast majority are as appalled by the violence as anyone and if they had the power to change it, they would.

Just my 2 cents.
            In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
            I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

Originally posted by WisconsinWildcard View Post
              I live near and work adjacently to the neighborhood where this happened. I know a little bit about the culture in this neighborhood as they are the people I work with and treat. I do not perceive a culture that would protect an act like this. The vast majority are as appalled by the violence as anyone and if they had the power to change it, they would.

Just my 2 cents.
              But have you read any books on the mob and gangs?

Stop acting like you know everything
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                But have you read any books on the mob and gangs?

Stop acting like you know everything
                Make me
                In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
                I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

Just my 2 cents.
                  That's good info, truly.

And "omerta" isn't limited to organizations. Also see: Southie and the folks who live in the hollers/Ozarks. They don't like authorities too much, in general, and won't talk.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Brent, while you're entitled to your opinion, I think you're off your rocker here. There's one question about your theory that I don't think has been asked yet - why would any organized crime member, or well-known 'hood guy, be so stupid as to 'live snuff film' a murder on social media? Sure, idiots and egos exist in such organizations, but try to think a bit more logically.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      Brent, while you're entitled to your opinion, I think you're off your rocker here. There's one question about your theory that I don't think has been asked yet - why would any organized crime member, or well-known 'hood guy, be so stupid as to 'live snuff film' a murder on social media? Sure, idiots and egos exist in such organizations, but try to think a bit more logically.
                      That is a separate issue. No one in an organization would be that stupid (I hope). But this guy is on the run, and NOT part of an organization. He posted on FB. Surely he has "friends" that might know his habits, his hangouts, etc. That's the info that the police need, unless this guy truly went off the radar (and right now, it's looking like that). If he didn't go off the radar, would the people that know him give up the info of his habits/etc? That's where I'm coming from.

EDIT: Crap. Forgot about ISIS and their video beheadings, but this guy isn't that smart, I don't think.
                      Last edited by The Rube; 04-17-2017, 11:05 PM.

Comment

Just my 2 cents.
                        Yeah but you don't know the Summit Series and you can't hear Jimi!

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                          Yeah but you don't know the Summit Series and you can't hear Jimi!
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hohb_gOI0dQ

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                            He posted on FB. Surely he has "friends" that might know his habits, his hangouts, etc. That's the info that the police need, unless this guy truly went off the radar (and right now, it's looking like that). If he didn't go off the radar, would the people that know him give up the info of his habits/etc? That's where I'm coming from.

EDIT: Crap. Forgot about ISIS and their video beheadings, but this guy isn't that smart, I don't think.
                            Originally posted by Brenthoven
                            No one in an organization would be that stupid (I hope). But this guy is on the run, and NOT part of an organization.
                            Jeebus, Brent. This is borderline FlagDUDE territory.
                            Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 04-18-2017, 12:33 AM.

Comment

And this is why I no longer use Facebook. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1DYLFUnhcg

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                                That is a separate issue. No one in an organization would be that stupid (I hope). But this guy is on the run, and NOT part of an organization. He posted on FB. Surely he has "friends" that might know his habits, his hangouts, etc. That's the info that the police need, unless this guy truly went off the radar (and right now, it's looking like that). If he didn't go off the radar, would the people that know him give up the info of his habits/etc? That's where I'm coming from.

I have friends, both real life and online. If I ever had to go on the run, the last people I'd tell would be them.

Comment

Working...
                                X