This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nice Planet 13: This Planet Sucks

I'd nuke 5OT and tank22 tomorrow. Those two are useless to humanity, much less GPL.

Then I'd start swinging the banhammer.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Its a tough line to walk, and he knows many of the posters (myself included) so it becomes even harder.

Anywho...I tink this thread has seen enough talk about the inner workings of a Gopher fan site
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        USCHO doesn't get political?
        I have always taken the Unspoken Rule here to be that the Cafe is fair game for anything, but the D1 etc. hockey threads are #nopolitics.

That's why for example even in the middle of a genocidal political flamefest on Cafe, everybody on a game thread is not just civil but acts as if it isn't happening.

There used to be several eejit posters who did not observe that rule and personally I Ignored them until they disappeared.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Well that was why the Cafe was set up...for everything not college hockey related. The flame wars back then were epic and yeah some did transfer over (often between BC and UNH fans) but the entertainment value was off the charts
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            I'd hand out vacations. He used to
            Rip on the Goonies movie. He'll shut you down instantly. Believe me. (And I said it as a joke. I love the Goonies)

Anyway, I think the United thing: United should be ripped to no end, at least for the goons they hired for security. However, the passenger could've won a similar lawsuit, and not have his face bashed in, because he acted up. He acted like a total chucklebox doosh.

And the GPL angry woman thing....yeah, loosen up. It was an obvious joke, and not even in the same realm as a "make me a sandwich" level (which, btw, is not sexist if you don't mention a gender; it's elitist).
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman
              Why should she lighten up? It was obnoxious and when she expressed it she got crapped on about it.

If she should lighten up maybe you should all grow up a bit...
              I like her, she's good people. But when a statement is an obvious joke....let it go. What was the lyric from that Chris Rock song? "If someone steps on your Pumas, let it ride." That sort of sentiment.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                I like her, she's good people. But when a statement is an obvious joke....let it go. What was the lyric from that Chris Rock song? "If someone steps on your Pumas, let it ride." That sort of sentiment.
                I am done with this conversation (hence my deletion) but it isnt your job to tell people how they should feel.
                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  but it isnt your job to tell people how they should feel.
                  But, he thinks it is. Along with a huge contingent of the posters over there. I get that all the time. So much that I will never post in my favorite thread there again.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    But, he thinks it is. Along with a huge contingent of the posters over there. I get that all the time. So much that I will never post in my favorite thread there again.
                    Me either Scoob :/

Maybe we need a "Gopher Fans Whining About GPL Thread"
                    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                      Keep thinking you know me.

She can think however she wants to think. I like that she speaks her mind. But, there are those who disagree. Free speech is wonderful, and I truly mean that. Without disagreement, there would be no growth.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                        I'm going to guess the flight crew's union contracts frown upon forcing employees to Uber from Chicago to Louisville. But I suppose if they had done that, we could have been listening to the aggrieved employees and their union reps barking about United.
                        Hey look - Bob the Martyr is back.

Brent - free speech doesn't mean free from backlash if you say something stupid.
                        Last edited by Slap Shot; 04-14-2017, 11:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                          Hey look - Bob the Martyr is back.

Brent - free speech doesn't mean free from backlash if you say something stupid.
                          Wish that worked both ways.

"You can't say that, because I disagree with that opinion."

Seems to be common around the internet nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                            Wish that worked both ways.

"You can't say that, because I disagree with that opinion."

Seems to be common around the internet nowadays.
                            That ignores the point and I'm not arguing you can't say what you said. I thought it was stupid even as a joke, but I wouldn't vilify you for it nor try to prevent you from saying it again.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                              That ignores the point and I'm not arguing you can't say what you said. I thought it was stupid even as a joke, but I wouldn't vilify you for it nor try to prevent you from saying it again.
                              That is what my point was in the thread. And if you know me (and you do, and she does too), it was such a ludicrous statement to what I actually think about equality and such.....let it go.

Comment

Artificial Intelligence is As Bad As We Are
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X