• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nice Planet 13: This Planet Sucks

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    It was not just streaky
    Was it smudged too?
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
      It was not just streaky
      I know, I was referring to your specific example. There were others including a certain dinosaur who is probably related to old pio.
      Last edited by trixR4kids; 04-14-2017, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Yeah it was bad. I don't get into a ton of threads, but the pure defense of a large corp doing what they did sickened me. I quit participating. You can glean a lot about their beliefs in how they react and it's nothing close to my values. There are of course a few who didn't feel that way but they got yelled down
        it's just a bunch of white men who confuse working hard with having it hard.

Agreed on the values piece. It's just not worth it.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          GPL has always been like that. There a few real dicks on there with a serious napoleon complex. It's why I left.
          Yeah I wont lie...it is almost unreadable these days. If the Wild lose tonight I wont go back there for a while because the whining will get out of control.

(the politics there is hilarious because it is basically every lame internet cliche down to drooling over any chick that they can think of while acting macho and talking about wussies)

Put it this way the Pet Peeve thread was closed because someone was upset about some misogynistic talk and that lead to a bunch of people trolling hardcore.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Gopherpucklive.com

Gopher fan site.
            Ah. Does it get political?

eLynah does a great job of #nopolitics. I have no idea which of the posters I would hate in real life. :-)
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I wanted to say rarely. But the headline news thread has a life expectancy of around 250 posts before it gets locked.
              Code:
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

By the way, I come here for politics (well, now I come here for everything) because the discussion is usually civil and the posters on both sides tend to shy away from there usual "hurr durrrrrrr" arguments.
                Code:

Comment

By the way, I come here for politics (well, now I come here for everything) because the discussion is usually civil and the posters on both sides tend to shy away from there usual "hurr durrrrrrr" arguments.
                  Agree. This is the most intelligent political discussion area I've been on. Most actual political sites are unreadably dumb. I can't even read the sites I agree with because the "reasoning" consists of grunts and other bodily noises. A 2 poster here is still like a 7 anywhere else.

I *really* appreciate this site.
                  Cornell University
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I wanted to say rarely. But the headline news thread has a life expectancy of around 250 posts before it gets locked.
                    What happened to Jup's ban on politics? He used to take a very stern stance on it.
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      Agree. This is the most intelligent political discussion area I've been on. Most actual political sites are unreadably dumb. I can't even read the sites I agree with because the "reasoning" consists of grunts and other bodily noises. A 2 poster here is still like a 7 anywhere else.

Ageee, only time I felt offended was when you wanted me hanged for not liking a movie

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Agreed. I think the conversations with my dad are the only more intelligent discussions I participate in (and I'm not the one who raises the quotient).

The righties on this site (a few in particular) are great to read. I know I give them a hard time or get into it a bit much sometimes, but it's still five steps above anything else I've read.
                        Code:

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                          What happened to Jup's ban on politics? He used to take a very stern stance on it.
                          He still has one. But he's actually good about waiting to see if the argument flames out quick. If it doesn't he locks it fairly quickly.
                          Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            He still has one. But he's actually good about waiting to see if the argument flames out quick. If it doesn't he locks it fairly quickly.
                            Yeah he told people to move on from the United flight talk...and of course a certain few could not stop

Comment

The righties on this site (a few in particular) are great to read. I know I give them a hard time or get into it a bit much sometimes, but it's still five steps above anything else I've read.
                              Yup. I wish there were more of them, but I think we may already have all of the intelligent conservatives that are available.
                              Cornell University

Comment

Ageee, only time I felt offended was when you wanted me hanged for not liking a movie
                                Kep has a weird relationship with movies and USCHO.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X