This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nice Planet 13: This Planet Sucks

Saw somewhere that for $400ish United could have just bought their employees an Uber to Louisville.
    Last edited by Twitch Boy; 04-14-2017, 11:37 AM. Reason: knew I should have taken that left turn at Albuquerque
    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
      Saw somewhere that for $400ish United could have just bought their employees an Uber to Chicago.
      I'm going to guess the flight crew's union contracts frown upon forcing employees to Uber from Chicago to Louisville. But I suppose if they had done that, we could have been listening to the aggrieved employees and their union reps barking about United.
      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
        I'm going to guess the flight crew's union contracts frown upon forcing employees to Uber from Chicago to Louisville. But I suppose if they had done that, we could have been listening to the aggrieved employees and their union reps barking about United.
        And their stock wouldnt have crapped the bed.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
          It seems to me that lost in all the discussion about whether United had a legal right to remove the passenger is a simple fact -- it's their plane. I'm certainly no expert in aviation law, but from what I've read, carriers have a right to control their own bumping processes. So long as they meet certain minimum requirements, it's "legal." They have to have a policy, and have it clearly stated. They need to first ask for volunteers. They need to offer some compensation to see if they can get people to volunteer. If they don't get enough volunteers, they need to have an established policy as to who they involuntarily bump. Once they do that, I'm pretty sure it's all "legal."
          From today's letter section of the Star Tribune.

http://www.startribune.com/readers-w...lis/419436364/

If true it pretty much sums it up and increases the cash out value for the passenger who was assaulted by the airline and the police.

Dao was firmly within his legal rights to refuse deboarding, according to United's own contract for carriage. While it is true that a passenger may be denied boarding due to overbooking (under Rule 25, Denial of Boarding), once a passenger has been boarded, the rules change. At that point, Rule 21, Refusal of Transport, is the applicable rule; it specifies why a boarded passenger can be thrown off a plane, and neither overbooking nor the convenience of the airline is on the list. In fact, no passenger then boarded on Flight 3411 met the criteria of Rule 21. So if United was unable to bribe passengers to give up their seats, it was contractually obligated to fly with the people on board, and its crew would have had to find another way to get to Louisville.

Not only was United morally wrong, it was legally wrong, too. And it appears that no United employee, including the CEO, has been properly instructed in contractual obligations. Fortunately, it seems that Chicago's airport police have realized that they are not hired muscle for the airline; all three officers involved have been suspended.

Keith Pickering, Watertown
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

http://www.startribune.com/readers-w...lis/419436364/

If true it pretty much sums it up and increases the cash out value for the passenger who was assaulted by the airline and the police.
            Oops.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

That doesnt fit with the narrative though that United was in the right though...
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                That doesnt fit with the narrative though that United was in the right though...
                Don't you read gpl? United could do what they wanted because the guy acted like a little girl and got arrested once

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                  Don't you read gpl? United could do what they wanted because the guy acted like a little girl and got arrested once
                  Christ, when did GPL become SiouxSports? And if it's that nasty on GPL, the SS posters must be demanding that Trump deport him at once!

Comment

GPL has always been like that. There a few real dicks on there with a serious napoleon complex. It's why I left.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      gpl has always been like that. There a few real dicks on there with a serious napoleon complex. It's why i left.
                      gpl?
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Gopherpucklive.com

Gopher fan site.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                          Well that's just streaky and he's your typical authoritarian who gets off on people being harmed even if all evidence indicates that they weren't in the wrong. The Trayvon debate over there however many years ago made it pretty obvious which camp people fell into as far as authoritarianism and racism.
                          Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                          GPL has always been like that. There a few real dicks on there with a serious napoleon complex. It's why I left.
                          I wondered about that and kinda figured it was something along those lines.
                          Last edited by trixR4kids; 04-14-2017, 05:07 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            Yeah it was bad. I don't get into a ton of threads, but the pure defense of a large corp doing what they did sickened me. I quit participating. You can glean a lot about their beliefs in how they react and it's nothing close to my values. There are of course a few who didn't feel that way but they got yelled down

Comment

United has a poorly worded catch all in Rule 21. Force Majeure and Unforeseeable Conditions.

May apply.
                              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                              Originally posted by Quizmire
                              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

• Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                                Well that's just streaky and he's your typical authoritarian who gets off on people being harmed even if all evidence indicates that they weren't in the wrong. The Trayvon debate over there however many years ago made it pretty obvious which camp people fell into as far as authoritarianism and racism.

I wondered about that and kinda figured it was something along those lines.
                                It was not just streaky

Comment

Working...
                                X