X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nice Planet 13: This Planet Sucks

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Your boy is the one threatening to sue and jail critics.

You just don't get it, do you? All the stupid and crazy stuff you accused Obama of is actually potentially going to happen... under the guy you support.
    Then why did he use the IRS to target conservatives, and "retire" generals that disagreed with globalist policies?

Your blame turning still isn't fooling anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      Note to self: aparch believes a public school is a private entity. Got it.
      Government entities have to act in two capacities. First as a service to their citizens, and second as an employer. A government agency cannot punish anyone by rendering inferior services or outright denial of services based upon what they say. They can, however, dictate to their employees a level of conduct that is expected of them both in the office and out of the office, so as not to create issues for the employer. This is nothing new.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        Note to self: aparch believes a public school is a private entity. Got it.
        Note to self: Frauddy really is this incompetent it isnt an act
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          http://wtkr.com/2017/01/10/man-opens...eese-sandwich/

Man opens fire after wife bites his grilled cheese sandwich
          Your Honor, I was fine when she took a spoonful of the tomato soup, but when she took a bite of my grilled cheese sandwich, that's when I let her have it!!
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

I could understand them but I've lived close to WV for more than a decade. When I first moved here I couldn't understand anybody. These people have no consonants, it's all a mushmouth of toothless vowels. Meaning comes from intonation, like Mandarin.

Mao-mao and Pu-pao. (For full flavor you have to imagine this at 200 words a minute and drunk.)

Make sure to read the Comments for a full appreciation of WV culture.

Anyway, our Ops Manager comes from Boone County, where the Whites live (well, exist). His father was Town Supervisor and dealt with the older generation of Whites. The stuff about walking along the highway picking up coal fragments for heating is true. One thing the doc didn't talk about is all the women were involved in prostitution (from 13 on up) and "on retainer" for long haul truck stops, and the local PD got a cut to keep out of their business. One of the sixteen million arrests of the family was tied to an officer trying to renegotiate the contract with the family on the fly. They beat him almost to death.

Real nice folk. There's an Aryan Nation offshoot group nearer to my side of the state, just to keep things lively.

Boone County went to Trump by 42 points.
            Related: The movie Winter's Bone (starring Jen Lawrence) didn't use ALL actors. Some were locals. And you can tell. There are some scary people out there.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              Related: The movie Winter's Bone (starring Jen Lawrence) didn't use ALL actors. Some were locals. And you can tell. There are some scary people out there.
              The current issue of Reason has an article about people trapped in WV and why they don't just leave. I think to understand the people you can just read Tobacco Road. That's about Georgia in 1932 but the people in WV in 2017 are exactly the same.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                The current issue of Reason has an article about people trapped in WV and why they don't just leave. I think to understand the people you can just read Tobacco Road. That's about Georgia in 1932 but the people in WV in 2017 are exactly the same.
                Talk like that is why tD is going to be #45 in 8 days.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  Talk like that is why tD is going to be #45 in 8 days.
                  You must have loaded my statements with assumptions, because I didn't say anything negative.

I think you should know by now that if I don't care for a group, I'll let you know.

The WVers are stuck. They have no skills or prospects, and they won't get any if they stay, but they don't go. They are like the poor in Europe in the 1850s who didn't come to America.

They're f-cked, and it's a shame.
                  Cornell University
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

You must have loaded my statements with assumptions, because I didn't say anything negative.

I think you should know by now that if I don't care for a group, I'll let you know.

The WVers are stuck. They have no skills or prospects, and they won't get any if they stay, but they don't go. They are like the poor in Europe in the 1850s who didn't come to America.

They're f-cked, and it's a shame.
                    I'll back Kep on this. The people of WV that we are talking about seem rather stuck in time. Some because that's what they want, and others because they can't go anywhere else.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Girl kills herself in a live facebook video.

sad.
                      bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                        jfc
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                          I'll back Kep on this. The people of WV that we are talking about seem rather stuck in time. Some because that's what they want, and others because they can't go anywhere else.
                          It's not a mindset I can understand, but as opposed to some groups I can't find any mockery in my heart for these people. They're my neighbors. They live at the bare edge of subsistence where criminality is a rational decision. The girls sell themselves, the boys steal, and everybody is self-medicating on pain pills.

These are not "nice" people. Like drug addicts, you wouldn't turn your back on them because their life circumstances have eroded everything except the drive for self-preservation, and they will hurt or kill to get what they want with no compunction. They are scrabbling through life on their fingernails, and like a prison population they will use every shiv and f-ck over everyone in their way because they have to. They are mankind primieval. Come from near and far, radical libertarians, and see your beloved idol in the flesh: Man without the State.
                          Cornell University

Comment

That orderly guy seems nice... http://www.littlethings.com/minnie-graham-camera/

Comment

Nice article on how Canada and the US became addicted to Oxys and how much money the pharmaceutical companys made doing it.
                              http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...ticle33448409/
                              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                                Nice article on how Canada and the US became addicted to Oxys and how much money the pharmaceutical companys made doing it.
                                http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...ticle33448409/
                                It's interesting because I got into an argument with my roommate about this. He basically argued that only 1% of the population is addicted to opiates and those who have that issue is more because of abuse and whatnot. I tried to find peer reviewed research of this and the first one I found was funded by Purdue and SHOCKINGLY came to that same conclusion.

The thing is drugs like Xanax and Oxy shouldn't be used to treat long term conditions, the addiction potential is way too high and there are less addictive ways to manage these problems.

Comment

Working...
                                X