This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nice Planet 13: This Planet Sucks

@CTVNews: United offering compensation to all passengers on flight where man dragged http://ow.ly/nZhV30aOEFh

It's going to be peanuts.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Trump is loving how much attention this incident is getting.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
        She lost me when she pulled the 9/11 card. That was 16 years ago, and the security theater provided by the TSA does Jack shiat to prevent such scenarios anyway.

The rest of it simply says what is, not what should be. Just because all the airlines have legal ways to involuntarily bump passengers doesn't make it the preferred option.
        Ditto. I didn't read the rest.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          Ditto. I didn't read the rest.
          You should. For the record, I'm not a fan of the 9/11 stuff either.
          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
          Originally posted by Quizmire
          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

• Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
            So, what would you do? How do you recover in Louisville?
            For starters, figure out people need to be bumped before boarding and do it at the gate rather than kicking people off once they're already on the plane. The end result may be the same, but the latter is infinitely more frustrating and aggravating.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
              For starters, figure out people need to be bumped before boarding and do it at the gate rather than kicking people off once they're already on the plane. The end result may be the same, but the latter is infinitely more frustrating and aggravating.
              I think everyone can agree with that, but that doesn't answer the question...
              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
              Originally posted by Quizmire
              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                Just because it's legal doesn't make it right.
                And it wasn't United that jerked the passenger around and KO'd him. It was security.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  And it wasn't United that jerked the passenger around and KO'd him. It was security.
                  United precipitated that. They are ultimately culpable. What did they expect would happen? A pleasant conversation and exchange of recipes?
                  Code:
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    United precipitated that. They are ultimately culpable. What did they expect would happen? A pleasant conversation and exchange of recipes?
                    I agree, that United handled it incorrectly. But they are not responsible for the actual manhandling. That is on the security they called in. On top of that, I think the "doctor" was also in the wrong. United had the right to remove, and ALL parties handled it in the wrong way.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

I don't care if he pulled his duck out. It's irrelevant.
                      Code:

Comment

While still maintaining that the security mishandled the execution of the situation, you should check out the new footage. The doctor was warned, and warned about being forcibly removed, and warned with jail. He wasn't going anywhere, and threatened back with a lawsuit.

Comment

Aflac.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                            Vicarious liability makes united just as responsible.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              Aflac.
                              Oh I meant what I said.
                              Code:

Comment

Maybe the good doctor had other reasons he needed to be in Louisville the next morning.
                                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Working...
                                X