X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nice Planet 13: This Planet Sucks

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    If you walk into a backwoods southern bar (yes, going full stereotype here) cross-dressed....you're probably going to get into some trouble.

Is it right? NO. Is it your fault? NO. Is it truthful? Yeah, chances are......

I'm not saying you SHOULDN'T do it, but expect the worst. It's sad, but that's the way of the world. I am pretty sure that is what Enzi is trying to say.
    I think we all get what he is saying...the point is he shouldnt be saying it especially to kids. He is tacitly endorsing the action even in the best light. (and lets not pretend that is light he is bathing in right now)

And again, there is zero chance the knife cuts both ways. If he walks into my bar in Minneapolis (a very tolerant area) and starts spouting homophobic nonsense I would not tell him he should expect to get beat down for saying it. Sure it might happen, but he is no more deserving of it than he seems to imply the man in the tutu is.

It is this type of crap and these types of statements that lead to the idea that women are asking for it...oh dont dress slutty, dont drink, dont hang out with the football team if you dont want to get raped. You have no one to blame but yourself...
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I am pretty sure we are all on the same page...we're just phrasing it different ways.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        I don't think you should say something like this if you're an elected official. It appears to condone it, even if that's the last thing on the speaker's mind.
        I'm not sure that acknowledging reality = condoning something.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          I don't think you should say something like this if you're an elected official. It appears to condone it, even if that's the last thing on the speaker's mind.
          I'm a little surprised there wasn't a follow up question to the statement, "I know a guy who wears a tutu and goes into bars on Friday nights."
          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            I think we all get what he is saying...the point is he shouldnt be saying it especially to kids. He is tacitly endorsing the action even in the best light. (and lets not pretend that is light he is bathing in right now)

And again, there is zero chance the knife cuts both ways. If he walks into my bar in Minneapolis (a very tolerant area) and starts spouting homophobic nonsense I would not tell him he should expect to get beat down for saying it. Sure it might happen, but he is no more deserving of it than he seems to imply the man in the tutu is.

It is this type of crap and these types of statements that lead to the idea that women are asking for it...oh dont dress slutty, dont drink, dont hang out with the football team if you dont want to get raped. You have no one to blame but yourself...
            As I said to Kepler, I don't think acknowledging a possible reality = endorsing something.

I wouldn't say that someone spouting homophobic nonsense should expect to get beat up for it, but at the same time, I would certainly advise them for their own safety not to go into a bar and start spouting that off.

Comment

It's just another example of how we never learn or progress as a species. The movie The Accused starring Jodie Foster came out in 1988. Yet, rape is still considered ok and women are still "asking" for it.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Fox is starting the sound a lot like Scientology. If you're harassed by their star performers you're ostracized and smeared. When complaints are filed, management forms a wall and deflects, denies, deceives. I guess this should not be a surprise -- it's how authoritarian cults work. But just think of the damage this particular cult has done to the country over the last 30 years.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

In an update of that story: They Filed The Class Action

"An expanded lawsuit filed Tuesday accuses Fox News Channel of racial discrimination “that appears more akin to Plantation-style management than a modern-day work environment.”

The lawsuit, filed in state Supreme Court, adds eight former and current Fox employees to a case involving three former Fox workers and their accusations against a since-fired Fox financial executive. It also expands the case to include Dianne Brandi, Fox’s chief counsel. "
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/26/u...smtyp=cur&_r=0

An Ohio woman who was abducted and trapped in a pit in her neighbor’s shed was found early Wednesday after the authorities investigated reports of cries coming from the house’s backyard, the police said.

The police identified the suspect as Dennis Dunn and said that he had been taken into custody and charged with one count of kidnapping. The woman was taken to a hospital.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

F-ck you, Bams.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                        It's just another example of how we never learn or progress as a species. The movie The Accused starring Jodie Foster came out in 1988. Yet, rape is still considered ok and women are still "asking" for it.
                        I'm not sure how we got from saying it might not be a good idea to walk into a backwards southern bar cross-dressed to women are asking to be raped? Seems like a big leap?

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                          I'm not sure how we got from saying it might not be a good idea to walk into a backwards southern bar cross-dressed to women are asking to be raped? Seems like a big leap?
                          Have you seen the unreported rape statistics? The whole concept of "asking for it" needs to end. Just like the whole concept of "enforcer" in hockey needs to end.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                            Have you seen the unreported rape statistics? The whole concept of "asking for it" needs to end. Just like the whole concept of "enforcer" in hockey needs to end.
                            I understand, but the subject was never rape in this thread?

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                              I understand, but the subject was never rape in this thread?
                              No, but asking for it was. In that context it applies.

Comment

I was going to make the same comment scooby. This is victim blaming.
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X