• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nice Planet 13: This Planet Sucks

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    http://wtkr.com/2017/01/10/man-opens...eese-sandwich/

Man opens fire after wife bites his grilled cheese sandwich
    Must have been one hell of a grilled cheese.
    bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

People in WV Just Cant Shut Their Yappers About The Obamas...
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

#ThanksDonald

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          #ThanksDonald
          Well, when your state is home to the White family (look up the documentary on them.....ho lee sheet), you really shouldn't be given too much consideration.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            Well, when your state is home to the White family (look up the documentary on them.....ho lee sheet), you really shouldn't be given too much consideration.
            I've seen the doc, and...yep.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              I've seen the doc, and...yep.
              Honestly one of the scariest movies I've seen.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                Honestly one of the scariest movies I've seen.
                I don't remember, was it the movie about the Whites where they actually had to provide subtitles so you knew what they were saying, or am I thinking of Barbara Kopple's movie Harlan County, USA?
                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                  I don't remember, was it the movie about the Whites where they actually had to provide subtitles so you knew what they were saying, or am I thinking of Barbara Kopple's movie Harlan County, USA?
                  I could understand them but I've lived close to WV for more than a decade. When I first moved here I couldn't understand anybody. These people have no consonants, it's all a mushmouth of toothless vowels. Meaning comes from intonation, like Mandarin.

Mao-mao and Pu-pao. (For full flavor you have to imagine this at 200 words a minute and drunk.)

Make sure to read the Comments for a full appreciation of WV culture.

Anyway, our Ops Manager comes from Boone County, where the Whites live (well, exist). His father was Town Supervisor and dealt with the older generation of Whites. The stuff about walking along the highway picking up coal fragments for heating is true. One thing the doc didn't talk about is all the women were involved in prostitution (from 13 on up) and "on retainer" for long haul truck stops, and the local PD got a cut to keep out of their business. One of the sixteen million arrests of the family was tied to an officer trying to renegotiate the contract with the family on the fly. They beat him almost to death.

Real nice folk. There's an Aryan Nation offshoot group nearer to my side of the state, just to keep things lively.

Boone County went to Trump by 42 points.
                  Last edited by Kepler; 01-11-2017, 08:32 AM.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    http://wtkr.com/2017/01/10/man-opens...eese-sandwich/

Man opens fire after wife bites his grilled cheese sandwich
                    Wow, sounds like something you'd hear about on Springer...

Comment

The destruction of the first amendment is in front of your nose, and yet y'all seem to be OK with it...

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        Boone County went to Trump by 42 points.
                        More telling is that a convicted felon in a federal prison got 40% of the Democratic primary vote running against Obama in 2012.
                        Originally posted by dicaslover
                        Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                        Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                          The destruction of the first amendment is in front of your nose, and yet y'all seem to be OK with it...
                          Your boy is the one threatening to sue and jail critics.

You just don't get it, do you? All the stupid and crazy stuff you accused Obama of is actually potentially going to happen... under the guy you support.
                          Cornell University
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                            More telling is that a convicted felon in a federal prison got 40% of the Democratic primary vote running against Obama in 2012.
                            I forgot about that guy.
                            Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                              Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.
                              Remind me again when the Cabell County School Board held a US Senate seat?

Congress isn't prohibiting this woman's free speech. Her employer is suspending her because she's a racist a**hole and they don't (publicly) support her Tweets.

Remember, the Government doesn't give a sh** if you're a public a**hole. Your employer can and does.
                              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                                Remind me again when the Cabell County School Board held a US Senate seat?

Congress isn't prohibiting this woman's free speech. Her employer is suspending her because she's a racist a**hole and they don't (publicly) support her Tweets.

Remember, the Government doesn't give a sh** if you're a public a**hole. Your employer can and does.
                                Note to self: aparch believes a public school is a private entity. Got it.

Comment

Working...
                                X