X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nice Planet 13: This Planet Sucks

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Regardless, it's all relative now, I guess. One nutjob in Flint stabs a cop while screaming "Allahu Akbar!" and because he's a Muslim it's "terrorism". Therefore, Muslims are supposedly everywhere in Flint and it's "the left's fault". Meanwhile, a white guy does the same thing, and it's "mental illness", and "oh, poor Lapeer, if only they had jobs..." while Grand Blanc smokes cigars and laughs.

Excuse my cynicism, but everyone knows I'm a jerk, and I'm a pi55ed off one at that.
    If one does it for a cause (that white boy who wanted a race war, for example), that's terrorism. You start screaming "Allahu Akbar" that will be associated with the Muslim religion, and therefore our current definition of terrorism.

You shoot up a place because you are postal (yes, I chose that word intentionally)? Not terrorism. Mentally disturbed, etc.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      If one does it for a cause (that white boy who wanted a race war, for example), that's terrorism. You start screaming "Allahu Akbar" that will be associated with the Muslim religion, and therefore our current definition of terrorism.
      It was a "cause" when McVeigh "did it for Waco/Ruby Ridge". I beg you, don't be that cause (I know you're too smart).

Comment

It was a "cause" when McVeigh "did it for Waco/Ruby Ridge". I beg you, don't be that cause (I know you're too smart).
        Oh, that was terrorism.

The docs on Ruby Ridge and the OKC bombing help explain that.

I'm talking about a person who decides to shoot 'em up b/c of a breakup/firing from job/etc. That is not terrorism. That is mentally ill in some sort of way, in my mind.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

What if the guy at the airport saw a cop, realized he had dark skin, and then feared for his life since cops like to kill dark people? Justified? Oh, that only works one way?

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
            What if the guy at the airport saw a cop, realized he had dark skin, and then feared for his life since cops like to kill dark people? Justified? Oh, that only works one way?
            Wow.

Comment

• Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
              He runs to the safe space and changes his underwear while the attendant hands him a box of tissues to wipe away his tears.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

You shoot up a place because you are postal (yes, I chose that word intentionally)? Not terrorism. Mentally disturbed, etc.
                You could probably use the same justification for the shoot-up at the Congressional baseball game. Unfortunately, the left-wing politicians are doing absolutely everything they can to not classify it as terrorism, when political affiliation was a clear motivation.

Comment

Another murder and cover-up ordered by the person a number of people wanted as president. https://www.infowars.com/monica-pete...on-body-count/

Comment

Wow.
                    Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    He runs to the safe space and changes his underwear while the attendant hands him a box of tissues to wipe away his tears.
                    And yet, a cop sees a black man who voluntarily tells him he has a gun, and that is enough for him to justifiably fear for his life? The system works...

Comment

And that silence you hear is the NRA not making a peep about a legal gun owner being killed by a cop...I wonder why that is.
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

We're #1! We're #1! We're #1!

Comment

It's WSJ so I'm guessing Detroit?
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            Fade is from the Detroit area, so I'm guessing Burlington, VT.
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              Winner.

Among the other usual suspects that are annual entrants into these lists (Flint, Baltimore, St. Louis, Memphis, Salt Lake City, Akron/Canton/Youngstown), there are a few surprises. I've been to Indianapolis in the past year, and from what I saw of it, I wouldn't have thought it belonged in the Top 50, let alone at 39th. It's bland Midwestern sprawl with a few young hipster neighborhoods and a low cost of living, but crime must be a lot worse in some areas than I thought. I also wouldn't have guessed the misery index in some of the smaller cities, like Springfield (MO) or Albuquerque, was so high. Have to figure it's drug gangs that are most heavily contributing to the crime issues.

Comment

Fight breaks out at Grand Haven State Park; park is forced to close.

http://woodtv.com/2017/07/03/reports...d-haven-beach/
                                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Working...
                                X