Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nescac 2016-17

Originally posted by minnesotan in vermont View Post
    What the heck. Friday night games. Colby 3 Bowdoin 2. Conn College 0 Middlebury 1. Hamilton 4 Trinity 6. Amherst 4 Wesleyan 1. Tufts 2 Williams 5.
    This looks about right, but I think Tufts is going to take Williams - probably in OT:

Colby 3 Bowdoin 2
    Conn Col 1 Midd 4
    Hamilton 2 Trinity 8
    Amherst 2 Wesleyan 1
    Tufts 3 Williams 2 OT

Mule Train! Ha!
    Mule Train, 2018 NESCAC Champs, made it to the Frozen Four

Comment

Originally posted by minnesotan in vermont View Post
      What the heck. Friday night games. Colby 3 Bowdoin 2. Conn College 0 Middlebury 1. Hamilton 4 Trinity 6. Amherst 4 Wesleyan 1. Tufts 2 Williams 5.
      Bowdoin 3 - Colby 2

Middlebury 2 - Conn College 1

Hamilton 3 - Trinity 2

Amherst 3 - Wesleyan 2

Tufts 3 - Williams 2

Shapes up to be an interesting weekend. May give a little clearer picture of the NESCAC pecking order.

Comment

So Middlebury failed to show up for the third period yet again. And a big night for Wesleyan!
        Saturday games:
        Bowdoin 3 Colby 1

Amherst 3 Trinity 3

Hamilton 2 Wesleyan 0

Tufts 6 Middlebury 3

Williams 3 Conn College 1

Comment

78 combined shots on goal - 2-1 final score - some of the best goaltending you could hope to see. Colby at Bowdoin last night was one of the best of the 207 installments.

Tonight:

Colby 4 - Bowdoin 1
          Amherst 3 - Trinity 1
          Wesleyan 2 - Hamilton 1
          Tufts 5 - Midd 1
          Williams 4 - Conn Col 0

Pinch me!

Comment

Strange things are happening. Jumbos had leads of 2-0 and 3-2 but could not hold on for the win. Both goal tenders were excellent as you would expect.

Tonight:

Bowdoin 3 - Colby 2

Amherst 4 - Trinity 2

Hamilton 2 - Wesleyan 1

Williams 5 - Conn College 2

Tufts 4 - Middlebury 2

Comment

Incredible game at the Alfond tonight. Too many men on the ice and a penalty to the Colby coach for arguing the call, left the Mules with three skaters to Bowdoin's six with one minute left in the game. Colby holds on 5-4.

Mule Train! Ha!

Comment

Once again Middlebury plagues themselves with penalties, including two 5 on 3 situations resulting in 2 Tufts goals. They need to play 60 minutes with the intensity with which they played the final 10.

Comment

When is the last time Colby, Tufts and Hamilton were the top 3 teams in the NESCAC?
                  The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                  "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                  GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                  "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                    When is the last time Colby, Tufts and Hamilton were the top 3 teams in the NESCAC?
                    Colby certainly appears to be for real, with Bowdoin obviously not too far behind. It will be interesting to see how the "elephant in the room" matches up when the boys from Maine visit next weekend.

Not hockey, but congrats to Jumbo men's soccer for second national championship in three years!

Comment

Originally posted by puckyderm View Post
                      Colby certainly appears to be for real, with Bowdoin obviously not too far behind. It will be interesting to see how the "elephant in the room" matches up when the boys from Maine visit next weekend.

Not hockey, but congrats to Jumbo men's soccer for second national championship in three years!
                      Saw Bowdoin/Colby webcast last night. I think that the Bears had the lead 4 times in the game. They lost each lead in a matter of minutes. They played with no sustained intensity. I had the feeling that the team thinks they can just show up and win. I do see talent. Maybe there is a different attitude now that there is a new coach. The Bears had a 6 on 3 advantage (bench minor arguing with officials - thank you Colby coach!!!) for the last 90 seconds and the Bears had no plan about what to do with the puck. When was the last time the Bears were swept by Colby?

Comment

The elephant in the room will definitely be a test for Colby. But, they also have a history of losing to the Camels when they are favored to win. This will be their first road test. The two games with Bowdoin, as always, were as intense as it gets. They can either come out stronger for the experience, or have a major let-down.

Lost in all this is the fact that they have been playing without Devin Albert since game one. All I hear is that he is out with an upper body injury - no specifics. If they can get through next weekend without him, he will have an additional four weeks to heal. Does anyone have any information on his injury?

Comment

Originally posted by GreenBear
                          2011. And they then beat Colby in OT in the playoffs.
                          Close but not quite -- Bowdoin swept the series with Colby in Dec of 2010 and then defeated Colby in the NESCAC semifinals the same season (2010-11).

Colby did sweep the series with Bowdoin in Dec of 2009 only to be eliminated from the NESCAC play-offs in the quarterfinals the same season (2009-10).

Comment

Tuesday evening game Bowdoin 5 Southern Maine 3.

Comment

Originally posted by neumyer View Post
                              I will say, Colby looked very good this weekend. Fast and good goal tending. I think they may compete for the upper echelon of the league this year. The December 3-4 games vs Bowdoin will be great indicator.
                              Congratulations to the Colby Mules. They've been playing solid hockey this year. Coach Blaise MacDonald has installed a system that takes full advantage of the available talent while minimizing the inevitable holes that are still in the process being filled. I saw both games, Friday in Brunswick and Saturday on Colby's excellent webcast (the student announcers were knowledgeable and very fair), and was impressed with Colby. The Mules deserved to win both games. They played with confidence, exploited the Polar Bears' defensive deficiencies, and never quit. Coach MacDonald has brought Colby back into the upper echelon of the league. And the team will only get better.

Bowdoin seems still to be adjusting to Coach Jamie Dumont's system and leadership. By all accounts he's very much liked by his players, which bodes well for the future of this team. The Polar Bears are young but very talented. The forwards are very creative with the puck. However, defensive mistakes and an unfortunate tendency to take unnecessary penalties cost the Polar Bears the games this past weekend. The Polar Bears have had trouble protecting leads this season. I expect these issues to be corrected. Coach Dumont is doing a good job molding this team, but it'll take some time for the young players to fully reach their potential.

Comment

Regarding Colby, I will say resilience. I went to the game Saturday at Colby and the Mules trailed the whole game by one or two goals. They never quit and found a way to tie it up. Their only lead the final score of 5-4 came midway through the 3rd period and they managed the lead well until they gave up the 5x3 PP to Bowdoin in the final minutes. Somehow, Colby didn't panic and weathered that storm to get the win.
                                Middlebury Hockey....The Greatest DIII Show on Skates

Comment

Working...
                                X