Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nescac 2016-17

Originally posted by ABerny2 View Post
    Should be an interesting weekend of playoff hockey. Congrats to Hamilton on the regular season title. Williams continues to struggle - opportunity to win out and claim first place, only to score 1 goal on the weekend.

Bowdoin @ Hamilton
    Wesleyan @ Colby
    Tufts @ Trinity
    Amherst @ Williams

Bowdoin 2 - Hamilton 4
    Wesleyan 2 - Colby 3 (OT)
    Tufts 1 - Trinity 5
    Amherst 2 - Williams 0

Amherst 2 - Hamilton 1
    Trinity 4 - Colby 2

Amherst 1 - Trinity 3
    Bowdoin 0 Hamilton 3
    Wesleyan 1 Colby 4
    Tufts 2 Trinity 3 (OT)
    Amherst 1 Williams 4

Comment

Originally posted by hockeylover1982 View Post
      It'll be interesting to see how everything fares.

3) Can Hamilton keep their great play going and how will their key losses affect their chances (Willett and Murden)
      4) Lawrence needs to keep playing amazing to give Colby a fighting chance at the title.
      A Bowdoin upset of Hamilton and a Colby win over Wesleyan would set up a Bowdoin at Colby quarter final match-up.
      Mule Train, 2018 NESCAC Champs, made it to the Frozen Four

Comment

Originally posted by OhioMule View Post
        A Bowdoin upset of Hamilton and a Colby win over Wesleyan would set up a Bowdoin at Colby quarter final match-up.
        Sorry. Don't see that happening.

Also, in light of the Jumbos upsets of Trinity and Williams in the past two quarter finals and Tufts narrow loss to Trinity in last years semis, I don't see much chance of the Jumbos sneaking up on the Bantams this time around. Although both teams seem to be near the top of their games going into the playoffs.

These playoffs appear to be wide open. Should be an interesting weekend to say the least.

Comment

Williams played tough in bottling up Amherst in a hard fought 2-1 victory.setting up a battle with Trinity next Saturday.Is there a possibility of NESCAC getting an at large bid in addition to the Tournament winner?

Comment

• Originally posted by eddieshack23 View Post
            Williams played tough in bottling up Amherst in a hard fought 2-1 victory.setting up a battle with Trinity next Saturday.Is there a possibility of NESCAC getting an at large bid in addition to the Tournament winner?
            Take A look at the NCAA rankings...unless there is a real shakeup, probably only the AQ.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Based on their recent play, I see Trinity beating Hamilton for the 'CAC championship next Sunday.

Comment

• Originally posted by minnesotan in vermont View Post
                Based on their recent play, I see Trinity beating Hamilton for the 'CAC championship next Sunday.
                Sage advice.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  Sage advice.
                  No herb this year.

Comment

Originally posted by minnesotan in vermont View Post
                    Given the location, Hamilton's record at home, and Trinity's road record, I expect Hamilton will get the NESCAC AQ.
                    The "Miracle" was winning the Gold Medal Game against the Finns. I'm biased, I was there.

Comment

If Trinity and Hammy get to the final, they both may get in

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnieb View Post
                        If Trinity and Hammy get to the final, they both may get in
                        Based on the bracketology on d3hockey.com it looks like Williams may even find its way into the tourney if they beat Trinity... would be v surprised given the rocky season they've had but strong SOS will seem to play a big role in pushing them through

Comment

Saturday
                          Hamilton 4-Wesleyan 2
                          Williams 3-Trinity 2
                          Sunday
                          Williams 6-Hamilton 5

Comment

What a finale to the NESCAC season. Looks like we may see 2 teams going to the Tourney.

Comment

Originally posted by minnesotan in vermont View Post
                              What a finale to the NESCAC season. Looks like we may see 2 teams going to the Tourney.
                              And so it is...

http://www.ncaa.com/interactive-brac...ehockey-men/d3
                              Last edited by OhioMule; 03-06-2017, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by OhioMule View Post
                                NESCAC had two teams advance in the tournament last week and not a peep on here. Sad!

Comment

Working...
                                X