• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gender Studies I

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
    The fact that you think there are only 2 genders says a lot. ��
    Hey, this isn't Thailand, hippy!
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
      Mansplaining is definitely very, very real.
      Not sure I understand how the hotline will help.
      Moral support, coping strategies, just a place to vent rather than kicking the guy in the nuts.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

From the title of this thread I was expecting a link to live streaming of a soccer game.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Welcome to Trump's America part XXVII

What is happening in Minnesota?

http://jezebel.com/a-child-is-being-...end-1789102241

“I want to destroy you for your own good. Why can’t you see that, you ungrateful little **** that I effectively disowned.”

- Calgaro
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            Welcome to Trump's America part XXVII

What is happening in Minnesota?

http://jezebel.com/a-child-is-being-...end-1789102241

“I want to destroy you for your own good. Why can’t you see that, you ungrateful little **** that I effectively disowned.”

- Calgaro
            seems like a pointless lawsuit since the child will turn 18 within a year and can do whatever they want at that point.
            PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
            NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
              seems like a pointless lawsuit since the child will turn 18 within a year and can do whatever they want at that point.
              It's a huge lawsuit. It could have the effect of limiting access to abortions and other medical procedures to minors.
              Code:
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

So, what would the term be if a woman is explaining something to a man, and the man already understands what she's talking about?

Stupid term. The term itself is sexist. But, hey, gotta blame men.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

It's a huge lawsuit. It could have the effect of limiting access to abortions and other medical procedures to minors.
                  Well outside of an abortion, every other medical procedure on a minor currently requires parental consent.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    Well outside of an abortion, every other medical procedure on a minor currently requires parental consent.
                    Nope. Pretty much any treatment where a minor rightly fears parental retribution can be obtained without consent. Mental health, drug treatment, contraceptives, pregnancy, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                      So, what would the term be if a woman is explaining something to a man, and the man already understands what she's talking about?

Stupid term. The term itself is sexist. But, hey, gotta blame men.
                      http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...-time-machine/

Tell you what, when there's a panel of six women testifying before Congress on erectile dysfunction, you'll have a point. Until then, leave the men's rights arguments to flaggy and his ilk.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                        http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...-time-machine/

Tell you what, when there's a panel of six women testifying before Congress on erectile dysfunction, you'll have a point. Until then, leave the men's rights arguments to flaggy and his ilk.
                        What the hell does that article have to do with anything? I'm talking about the "mansplaining" coming to mean "talking down to someone." Why is it named after men? It's bullsh* and sexist (oh, the hypocrisy). IMO, it's just being an arrogant dooshnozzle, doesn't matter what gender you are. It's the terminology that bothers me. I get why people are mad about being talked down to (and they should be mad).
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                          What the hell does that article have to do with anything? I'm talking about the "mansplaining" coming to mean "talking down to someone." Why is it named after men? It's bullsh* and sexist (oh, the hypocrisy). IMO, it's just being an arrogant dooshnozzle, doesn't matter what gender you are. It's the terminology that bothers me. I get why people are mad about being talked down to (and they should be mad).
                          You don't get how a panel of entirely men testifying before Congress about women's access to birth control is relevant to this thread?

Really? Are you being willfully blind or just maliciously obtuse?

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                            You don't get how a panel of entirely men testifying before Congress about women's access to birth control is relevant to this thread?

Really? Are you being willfully blind or just maliciously obtuse?
                            I don't get how that relates to the sexist term of "mansplaining."

I get how it's incredibly stupid to have that panel makeup. It's rather obvious. But why "mansplaining?" Why not just simple "ignorance?" "Arrogance?" "Not relatable to the audience?"

Comment

My roommate doesn't know how to use a dishwasher. She's helpless. I've come home to a dishwasher that was rubbing with literally two plates in it. When it is full, it's really not. Half the things are facing away from center, there is no organization so half of it is empty when you rearrange, and then top-rack only items are on the bottom.

If I try to explain how to use a dishwasher, that's going to be considered mansplaining. Right?
                              Code:

Comment

My roommate doesn't know how to use a dishwasher. She's helpless. I've come home to a dishwasher that was rubbing with literally two plates in it. When it is full, it's really not. Half the things are facing away from center, there is no organization so half of it is empty when you rearrange, and then top-rack only items are on the bottom.

If I try to explain how to use a dishwasher, that's going to be considered mansplaining. Right?
                                Totally sexist. Duh. Sheesh. You should know better.

Comment

Working...
                                X