• Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesotans Arguing About the Weather III: Storm's a comin'

From a former teacher now working in the Copper Country:

https://www.facebook.com/soren.schmidt/posts/10155324429906035

*edit* More Facebook links from a friend:
    https://www.facebook.com/jackie.safford.3/posts/10100951195767917
    https://www.facebook.com/jackie.safford.3/posts/10100951180743027
    Last edited by aparch; 06-17-2018, 09:00 AM.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

My god. It’s devastating.

Unfortunately the last two links didn’t work.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

More rain coming, too. Bummer.
        the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          My god. It’s devastating.

Unfortunately the last two links didn’t work.
          Apparently my friend didn't make them fully public.

Here's some similar from the local TV Station:
          https://www.facebook.com/uppermichiganssource/posts/10160437522640640

https://www.facebook.com/uppermichiganssource/videos/10160437646530640/

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Looks horrible. I’m worried most about the residents but I’m also a little worried about our big trip there in July. Hardy people up there, I’m hoping for a quick recovery.
            Code:
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Cleanup started, but they're still under a flood advisory for tonight.
              https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10214582320164039&set=a.1602880144223.2078641.1002672593&type=3

https://www.facebook.com/bsbaga/posts/10216719122878572
              Last edited by aparch; 06-17-2018, 01:04 PM.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

The pics and vids I'm seeing on FB are insane. And more rain tonight. Good God......
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

This is far from over. More rain will mean more sinkholes, especially with all the old mine shafts and stopes within modern Houghton city limits.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    This is far from over. More rain will mean more sinkholes, especially with all the old mine shafts and stopes within modern Houghton city limits.
                    I've been seeing that they are saying that even if a road isn't washed out, don't drive on it; they don't know how stable it will be.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

I saw a picture of Bridge St starting to form sinkholes.
                      Code:

Comment

Heat index of 103 right now in Mpls. All the storms ever created are supposed to happen in the next hour or two (wunderground says the temps break starting at 5ish, and t-storms around that time).

Comment

Good. Right about the time soccer kicks off for me...

:-/
                          Code:

Comment

Actually I’m just seeing light to normal rain between five and six.

ETA: weather station near Oakdale reading 79 for the dew point. Ish.
                            Last edited by dxmnkd316; 06-17-2018, 04:03 PM.
                            Code:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              Actually I’m just seeing light to normal rain between five and six.

ETA: weather station near Oakdale reading 79 for the dew point. Ish.
                              You are a BIT more east than I am. I mean, you are way out in Goddam Oakdale.

Comment

Ashland WI is about to get *ed. Ironwood MI is next up. Then Houghton/Hancock. HUGE cell moving that way, lots of red.

Really small cell head to the TC from Gaylord, looks like it's growing very slowly. Some red in there.

Comment

Working...
                                X