X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesotans Arguing About the Weather III: Storm's a comin'

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
    Working 7 baseball games and a 7-on-7 football tournament were not fun this weekend I downed somewhere in the neighborhood of 1-1.5 gallons of water/day...

On the plus side, a Yeti Gallon jug was worth every penny spent... Cold water was a valuable commodity to have....
    In many cases, drinking ice cold water is actually UNHEALTHY for you. The temp shock is too much for the body, and could make you sick. Room temp water is the best choice.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      In many cases, drinking ice cold water is actually UNHEALTHY for you. The temp shock is too much for the body, and could make you sick. Room temp water is the best choice.
      And drinking too much water can be just as bad as not enough. Had to break down yesterday at work and buy a Powerade, just to restore some electrolyte balance.
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
        And drinking too much water can be just as bad as not enough. Had to break down yesterday at work and buy a Powerade, just to restore some electrolyte balance.
        Truth.

I go through about 10 pints in a work shift, a little more in summer, a little less in winter. This will come across as odd, but it is science: pay attention to the color of your Number 1. That is a key to how hydrated you are.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          Truth.

I go through about 10 pints in a work shift, a little more in summer, a little less in winter. This will come across as odd, but it is science: pay attention to the color of your Number 1. That is a key to how hydrated you are.
          Yesterday, mine was clear, and my head was off.
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
            Yesterday, mine was clear, and my head was off.
            Clear is not good. Light shades. Light shades.

Comment

I have a duathlon next week (run/bike/run), and I thought I would do a brick workout (bike ride followed by a run) today. The heat was bad on the bike, but I managed about 20 miles. Got off the bike, started running, and realized I wasn't going to make it the scheduled 5 miles. Did the smart thing and turned around about a half-mile in.

Comment

93 with a dew point of 72 degrees equals a heat index of 102 up here. :/
                A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                  93 with a dew point of 72 degrees equals a heat index of 102 up here. :/
                  93/106/76 here in suburban MD
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

94/71/103. Coupla more days of this crap then thunderstorms on Fri, upper 70's on Sat.
                    A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

We were supposed to hit around 90 for a high today, but I think the morning rain clouds stuck around longer than the forecasters expected because it was still about 70 when I stepped outside for lunch today.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

10 inches of rain in Marshall, MN today. We had a 10 percent change of rain in Spicer, and it stormed from 1am- noon.

I’m sick of all the storms and rain.
                        AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

At 5pm in Colesville, MD
                          94/106/75
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

1220a here
                            97 99 29
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

69 in the house
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                                1220a here
                                97 99 29
                                Reached 93 in Milan today, then clouds rolled in. Dropped it down to about 75.
                                the state of hockey is good

Comment

Working...
                                X