Minnesotans Arguing About the Weather III: Storm's a comin'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesotans Arguing About the Weather III: Storm's a comin'

Currently 92*F, Feels Like 105*F, 75* Dew Point... Eff this garbage... I'll take my snow...

Going to fish Lake Michigan in downtown Chicago tomorrow at 1st light... Probably going to be 75*F with a dew point in the 70's when I leave the house at 3:30am
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
      Currently 92*F, Feels Like 105*F, 75* Dew Point... Eff this garbage... I'll take my snow...

Going to fish Lake Michigan in downtown Chicago tomorrow at 1st light... Probably going to be 75*F with a dew point in the 70's when I leave the house at 3:30am
      Salmon and Lake Trout? I've done it North of Milwaukee out of Two Rivers.

If you're in position to do lunch in the Ravenswood area sometime, try the River Valley Farmer's Table on Wilson. Ask the Manager for a USCHO discount and see what she does. Give it a yelp check.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
        Salmon and Lake Trout? I've done it North of Milwaukee out of Two Rivers.

If you're in position to do lunch in the Ravenswood area sometime, try the River Valley Farmer's Table on Wilson. Ask the Manager for a USCHO discount and see what she does. Give it a yelp check.
        Actually looking for Smallmouth Bass from shore actually.... For being one of the biggest cities in the country, we have quite a large amount of public access water along the lakefront and one of the better Brown Bass fisheries in the US.

That resturaunt seems nice, but unfortunately it's not really my type... I'm more of a Kuma's Corner or Tarus Flavors kind of guy if I'm going to the city for food... I am intrigued by the Portabella and Swiss Brat however... I'll take notes for a later date on that one
        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
          Actually looking for Smallmouth Bass from shore actually.... For being one of the biggest cities in the country, we have quite a large amount of public access water along the lakefront and one of the better Brown Bass fisheries in the US.

That resturaunt seems nice, but unfortunately it's not really my type... I'm more of a Kuma's Corner or Tarus Flavors kind of guy if I'm going to the city for food... I am intrigued by the Portabella and Swiss Brat however... I'll take notes for a later date on that one
          I didn't know that. How do you fish them? There's some surf there.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
            We were supposed to hit around 90 for a high today, but I think the morning rain clouds stuck around longer than the forecasters expected because it was still about 70 when I stepped outside for lunch today.
            Then the sun came out, and gave us a hint of what's coming tomorrow.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

98 yesterday. I can only imagine what the heat index was. A sea breeze setting up today to keep the temps in the mid 80's.
              A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Gonna rain all day today according o everything I see...great just what we need
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  Gonna rain all day today according o everything I see...great just what we need
                  Yeah, they missed the mark on the forecast, as late as yesterday afternoon. I don't mind, since family wasn't gonna grill in that heat. Now they just won't grill in the rain. *shrug*
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                    Yeah, they missed the mark on the forecast, as late as yesterday afternoon. I don't mind, since family wasn't gonna grill in that heat. Now they just won't grill in the rain. *shrug*
                    Push the grill n the house
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Somebody here is an alum

@capitalweather: NEW: Tornado may have touched down at Thomas Jefferson High School in Northern Virginia Tuesday morning: https://wapo.st/2LMcTdN
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Did someone say something about rain?

Comment

Camera footage of a microburst out in Nevada.

@NWSVegas: 🤯🤓 MICROBURST!!!

Check out this incredible timelapse of the microburst that hit the Green Valley area on Friday! Gusts to 70 MPH and lots of damage were reported with this storm.

Images captured from a camera on Black Mountain, courtesy: @NVSeismoLab

#VegasWeather #nvwx https://***********/NWSVegas/status/...863234/video/1
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            Camera footage of a microburst out in Nevada. ...

#VegasWeather #nvwx https://***********/NWSVegas/status/...863234/video/1

Reminiscent of prepping for last fall's colonoscopy ...
                            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Looks like a Quasi-Linear Convective System is here. Should hit Michigan by 8 PM.

https://www.mlive.com/weather/index....d_hit_mic.html
                              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                              Patreon for exclusive writing content
                              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                                Looks like a Quasi-Linear Convective System is here. Should hit Michigan by 8 PM.

https://www.mlive.com/weather/index....d_hit_mic.html
                                Sounds like the derecho that went through DC a few years ago.
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                                X