Minnesotans Arguing About the Weather III: Storm's a comin'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    I finally broke down and turned on the furnace tonight. Every year I try to make it to Halloween. I can’t remeber if I’ve ever made it, but this was a close one.
    We broke down a couple weeks ago. Old drafty house gets cold quickly.
    the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Re: Minnesotans Arguing About the Weather III: Storm's a comin'

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      I am *so* looking forward to taking Crosstown to Mendota during rush hour tomorrow. Whee.

Gee, it's gonna maybe sorta snow a little. Whee.
      Snow was coming down, but the roads were all wet going from Farmington to Minneapolis this morning. I had to drive due to a wedding tonight, and I think the evening commute will be worse as it's only going to get colder today.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        I really miss sharply cold Halloweens. In my mind all our Halloweens growing up were brisk. I'm sure it's a false memory, but there were a few, and going out after dusk when we were really young was legitimately spooky, and the cold made the shivers run down your back.

Must suck to be a kid now.

Yeah... wearing a winter coat under your costume sure was fun.

Global warming isn't all bad.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
          Snow was coming down, but the roads were all wet going from Farmington to Minneapolis this morning. I had to drive due to a wedding tonight, and I think the evening commute will be worse as it's only going to get colder today.
          Raining at my place, and ALL THE WIND. And to think, last Friday was sunny and 80 degrees.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post

So now you can go with your preferred overcoat on the outside with nothing underneath.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post

Depends where you grew up. Where I lived the balance was perfect on 10/31. I'm sure in North Moosederp, Manitoba or wherever the goofers grew up it was perfect back in August.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                So now you can go with your preferred overcoat on the outside with nothing underneath.
                Like church.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Oh my god that’s great.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Roads were sh*y all day. And tonight, go out for a smoke on the patio, and it was glare ice. Almost biffed it. And from what I heard/saw, the more north you went, the sh*ier it was. Heard Duluth got 10".
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                      Roads were sh*y all day. And tonight, go out for a smoke on the patio, and it was glare ice. Almost biffed it. And from what I heard/saw, the more north you went, the sh*ier it was. Heard Duluth got 10".
                      A coworker of mine, who lives in St. Cloud, had a complete spinout and then flipped his car on Highway 10 near Cloud. The vehicle was totaled, and he's still pretty sore today. The early rain didn't help the roads.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

crazy weather here in Maine Sunday night/Monday morning. Probably half of the households in the state lost power. I've been without power over 24 hours now, and there are tons of trees laying down on the wires on my road still waiting to be cleaned up (to leave my house I have to drive under multiple trees over the road, held up only by the power lines). People in rural areas will be days without power. I'll be surprised if I get it back today. Thankfully I have a generator.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                          crazy weather here in Maine Sunday night/Monday morning. Probably half of the households in the state lost power. I've been without power over 24 hours now, and there are tons of trees laying down on the wires on my road still waiting to be cleaned up (to leave my house I have to drive under multiple trees over the road, held up only by the power lines). People in rural areas will be days without power. I'll be surprised if I get it back today. Thankfully I have a generator.
                          Mashpee, MA had a wind gust of 95mph. From what I understand the remnants of a tropical storm combined with a low pressure system.
                          A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Might not have power back until Friday or Saturday. Still lots of trees on the lines, some of which I need to drive under to leave to get my kid to school and go to work.

Good thing I have lots of propane to run the generator.

Comment

@capitalweather: Huge increases in snow cover in North America this year vs. last year - signals much colder November for Lower 48. More info http://wapo.st/2iFCI1T https://***********/capitalweather/s...558789/photo/1
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

You know what I miss?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y3BAGkndgZc
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X