Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: #8 North Dakota @ #12 St. Cloud State - November 18-19

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
    I don't think that is true at all. Dunn was never good. Lee wasn't able to win the job outright from Dunn as a freshman. Faragher was what we was all the way through, though he was two years older as a freshman than Driscoll. Lindgren only started five games as a freshman and was pretty meh.
    You don't know what you are talking about. I think you are just going back and looking at stats.

Dunn made All-WCHA 3rd team his junior year. So your "Dunn was never good" statement is flat out wrong. His first two seasons he was 2nd string behind Weslosky, who had arguably the best season in SCSU history in Dunn's freshman year, and played well enough to keep the job.

So after a performance good enough to get WCHA 3rd team honors, why do you think the coach would even entertain Mike Lee "winning the job outright"? Mike Lee not winning the starting job his freshman year isn't an indictment of his ability, seeing as how he did make the NHL. Faragher had a 44 save shutout at North Dakota in his second game. Lindgren, I will give you.

Me stating that they were very good is an opinion and is anecdotal. But it is from someone who watches 90% of the teams games. So I just might have a better frame of reference than a Tech fan.
    Originally posted by SJHovey
    Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
    Originally posted by Brenthoven
    We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
      Widman is as bad as I said. He just is. Hell, Ferris State specifically exploited him for an entire game. I watched them pull his jock down around his ankles, causing him to trip while they beat Lindgren (who was having a bad game, sure). That was how FSU scored its first goal. Watching SCSU last weekend, there was Widman again tripping over his own feet, and this time he wasn't even being pressured.

Borgen is solid, but not good, and he's not really improving anymore. I should have given Schuldt more credit. That was a miss on my part.
      Widman is not bad. You keep using the Ferris State game as your irrefutable evidence, because a couple players from a barely .500 team that played us one time said he was bad. Cholowski and Borgen seem to be the ones consistently giving up odd man rushes.
      Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
      We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Are you Frank Drebin?
        Yeah...Widman must suck horribly because you and some FSU guys on the bench say so.
        Can't be that other people have a different opinion.
        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
        Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
        Grandma ~ Jan 2004
        Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
        Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

I swear to God, every time we have a UND vs cloud thread it dissolves into a bunch of jan fans fighting one another... do you guys do this in every series thread?

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
            I swear to God, every time we have a UND vs cloud thread it dissolves into a bunch of jan fans fighting one another... do you guys do this in every series thread?
            Yes. Hence the angry face.

Comment

I guess we could go on twitter and threaten to find Mike Eidelbes with our friends and beat him up.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                I guess we could go on twitter and threaten to find Mike Eidelbes with our friends and beat him up.
                Luckily for Mike you don't have any friends.

Huskies win and tie despite their horrible goalies and fans who can't get along.
                Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post

Huskies win and tie despite their horrible goalies and fans who can't get along.
                  Ok, Mr. 55,000

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post

I will have you know I have lots of friends. Willy, Dirty, Tipsy, Donald from Alaska. So many friends.

Comment

And whom did that? I once quoted mike talking tough about UND fans... I commented I'd love to see him say to someone's face (my friends), which of course he would never do. Mikey talks quite the game from behind his keyboard, I'll give him that. Your recollection of that event was blown up bigger than one of your cheerleaders. I certainly did not mean to get you off topic... you can go back to your little st cloud ******ing match.

Comment

So it's wrong to have debate about what direction the team is heading and how it will impact their games for the upcoming weekend? Are we all supposed to fall in line with the current groupthink that one or two other posters set forth for our team? I know that was the ideal Herr Engelstad set forth for his fascist fantasies. Has NoDak progressed so little that you're still under heel of Planet Hoth's goose-stepping hero?
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

And whom did that? I once quoted mike talking tough about UND fans... I commented I'd love to see him say to someone's face (my friends), which of course he would never do. Mikey talks quite the game from behind his keyboard, I'll give him that. Your recollection of that event was blown up bigger than one of your cheerleaders. I certainly did not mean to get you off topic... you can go back to your little st cloud ******ing match.
                          What is your definition of talking tough? Did he say "I can kick the butt of any UND fan in a fight"? And if he said it to your face, then what? You would shake his hand? Make out with him?

All I have is my recollection because like a true tough guy, you deleted the tweet.

Comment

So it's wrong to have debate about what direction the team is heading and how it will impact their games for the upcoming weekend? Are we all supposed to fall in line with the current groupthink that one or two other posters set forth for our team? I know that was the ideal Herr Engelstad set forth for his fascist fantasies. Has NoDak progressed so little that you're still under heel of Planet Hoth's goose-stepping hero?
                            Let's be more like UND fans. "We are only 6-4, Fire Motzko!!!"

Comment

What a great idea. Everyone should try being more like UND fans.
                              Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                              when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                              Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Let's be more like UND fans. "We are only 6-4, Fire Motzko!!!"
                                We have higher expectations... our team doesn't hang participation ribbons.

Comment

Working...
                                X