X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge #188: Hockey Is The Real Politics

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
    Where is everyone?

Hockey tonight with the golden globe uglies. Baking brownies and reveling in the fact I have the next week off. First time in probably 30 yrs I have been able to get the day after Thanksgiving off Happy Dance!!
    What I've had to say over the past day or so isn't fit to post here, so I've been elsewhere.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
      What I've had to say over the past day or so isn't fit to post here, so I've been elsewhere.
      Oh dear. I hope it gets better.

HHT!!

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
        And I'll do it spewing 40x the emissions, too!

Nah, flying to Belfast first for several days, then a couple days in Dublin. The things some of us do for this crazy sport of college hockey.

ETA: I'll do my best not to run the taps dry, GE.
        Ha!!! You silly American!! Thinking you could drink Ireland dry. What do you think the Irish have been trying to do for Generations??

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        Ah yes, the wooden spoon. Mom used that in the rarest of instances. Now, Great Gramma, she threatened to cut a switch from a willow tree. Only once did she start to go out and cut that switch, and my bro and I freaked out enough at the thought, that we behaved instantaneously.

Evening, Lodge. Scouting out some vehicles, so as to make a choice in springtime, lining up the many beer releases that happen every Oct/Nov and picking and choosing (and proxy buying for others) said beers, and dreading the cold weather that is almost here. Might be a touch of snow this weekend.
        Yeah, I've gotten the spoon, flyswatter, and whatever was handy a few times.

Probably the most memorable one was the one time I went past the line that I wasn't supposed to cross back when I was five. She was out riding her old gelding Rusty and she rode him over to me and started to beat at me with the reins as I ran back up to the house. Rusty must have either felt sorry for me, or thought for sure he was next and didn't quite follow me right away.
        bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
          Quinnipiac Bobcats
          2023 National Champions
          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
          ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
          East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
          Northeast Regional:
          West Regional: 2015, 2021
          Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
          Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Good Morning Lodge.
              Good Morning to gmann. He's in the heart of our first winter storm.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                Feast or famine at work this week. I have a feeling the colder weather + hunting season is the cause for slowness today, and most likely tomorrow.

Sounds like western and northern MN is gonna get nailed with a crapton of snow tomorrow night; metro area only supposed to get a couple inches at most.
                You just keep that weather over there an extra day, ok?

Supposed to be sunny and high 60s today. Then tomorrow, when I foolishly have football tickets, high of 40 and rain/snow.
                Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

[channeling mookie]Scarlet's crabby today. [/finish channeling mookie]

Comment

Good Morning Lodge!!

Cleaning out the cupboards, freezer and fridge (girlie thing?) before settling down to make a shopping list. Then on to making Pepparkakor dough.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                      Good Morning Lodge!!

Cleaning out the cupboards, freezer and fridge (girlie thing?) before settling down to make a shopping list. Then on to making Pepparkakor dough.
                      Girlie thing to clean out the fridge? I don't think so. That's precious beer space that's being taken up. I try to clean mine out once every other week or so.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Quick check in from a civilized area that has signal (hunting camp... Well, it's more likely that there's no signal!). Seen a couple deer, nothing to shoot at yet. Catching tonight's game before heading back up to camp until Sunday night. We might start getting this snow Sunday.

Comment

****************HT

a
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

HHT!
                            Quinnipiac Bobcats
                            2023 National Champions
                            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                            ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                            East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                            Northeast Regional:
                            West Regional: 2015, 2021
                            Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                            Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

HHT! Couldn't make it down to Hartford tonight, glad to see they can manage without me!

Working at a TEDx event this weekend, need to be onsite at 8am tomorrow and Sunday. Good times. I should probably go to bed now.

Comment

Warm up the *HT. Not only b/c of the hockey game, but also this **** storm and the wind. Man, it's cold out.
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X