X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Campaign 2016 Part XXV: Fin

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    He would absolutely ban guns if he could.
    But he can't. Stop pretending that is actually a plausible scenario.

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
      That we agree on. You're definitely in the Just. Don't. Care. what happens to other people category.
      I do care.
      But I don't let emotion color logic.
      My logic says getting people out of poverty lowers crime rates.

We need a growing economy.
      That alone cures tons and tons of social ills.
      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
        You mean like Roe v. Wade is going anywhere?

Both are talismans waived to rally the masses.
        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
          Just curious, do you think that's a profound statement or something? It's almost on par with saying "the winning team will be the one who scores the most points."
          I don't think he intended it as a profound statement, but both Democrats and Republicans need to remember it.

240 million voters in this country.

10-15 million of them wanted a guy who is going to build them a wall and throw all the muslims out. The rest of us voting in those primaries didn't. Unfortunately, not enough of us showed up and the guy got on November's ticket.

Same thing Tuesday.
          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
            You realize that Kagan went hunting with Scalia regularly, right? Absent an actual constitutional amendment overturning the second, no one is going to outright ban all guns nationwide.

If you believe otherwise, you're as paranoid as flaggy.
            I'm not really worried about a total ban, certainly not at this point. I don't really want to see any gun regulations passed though. All they do is jam up decent people and don't make society any safer.
            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
              I do care.

Leslie Jones is pretty rich. Look what "your neighbors" did to her.
              Originally posted by dicaslover
              Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
              Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

I do care.

It is a simple way for people to rationalize what happened to just go with the "they're selfish" and "they don't care" argument. In reality, it is much more complicated than that, but too often people will just cling to the easy idea that makes them feel better.
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Nothing. Nothing at all. But the "checks" thing is tossed about like there are no checks today. There are.

(If you want to see my POV and keep this thread on track, jump to the Guns thread. )
                  Maine just had a referendum was to add background checks for private sales and transfers. The NRA 'they are going to take my gunz!!!!' folks scared people into voting no (it also drew out voters that often don't even bother to vote in presidential elections -- and while they were there they voted for Trump). Arguments against it were mostly "but then I can't loan my gun to my hunting buddy without paying for a background check" (you can if you go hunting together) and "but criminals will get guns anyway". The real main intent is so that you don't unknowingly sell or lend your gun to someone that shouldn't have one (for example, someone that might have a restraining order against them for threatening their estranged spouse)

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                    I obviously wasn't clear with what I wrote. It isn't a plausible scenario right now but there is certainly support for it from certain people, and in Bloomberg's case, quite a bit of money behind it. They are working to slowly erode gun rights until they get what they want. Anyone who can't see that is blissfully ignorant.
                    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                      10-15 million of them wanted a guy who is going to build them a wall and throw all the muslims out. The rest of us voting in those primaries didn't. Unfortunately, not enough of us showed up and the guy got on November's ticket.
                      sad the "never Trumps" still filled in the bubble for him on Tuesday though. Most of the "never Trumps" were only concerned that he would cost them the White House and the Senate and they didn't want to go down on his ship. They had no issue with racisim or xenophobia.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                        I don't think he intended it as a profound statement, but both Democrats and Republicans need to remember it.
                        We all try to prove how "smart" we are with overthought analysis.

When it comes down to it, it's the basics.

Make your free throws.
                        Be able to lay down a bunt.
                        Work on your backhander until you can go top corner at will.
                        Wrap up when you tackle.

Use your turn signals.
                        Say please and thank you.
                        Put it back when you're done with it.

And ... who shows up.

All are fundamentals that will get you where you want if you remember and do them.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

I obviously wasn't clear with what I wrote. It isn't a plausible scenario right now but there is certainly support for it from certain people, and in Bloomberg's case, quite a bit of money behind it. They are working to slowly erode gun rights until they get what they want. Anyone who can't see that is blissfully ignorant.
                          Most people don't want to go any further than universal background checks and an assault weapons ban.

They can only go so far because of the modern interpretation of the second amendment (you do know it wasn't always interpreted to protect individual firearms outside of a regulated militia, but that toothpaste isn't going back into the tube).

Comment

We all try to prove how "smart" we are with overthought analysis.

When it comes down to it, it's the basics.

Make your free throws.
                            Be able to lay down a bunt.
                            Work on your backhander until you can go top corner at will.
                            Wrap up when you tackle.

Use your turn signals.
                            Say please and thank you.
                            Put it back when you're done with it.

And ... who shows up.

All are fundamentals that will get you where you want if you remember and do them.
                            Let's put it this way. Did you notice that when you kept repeating that over and over again before the election, that nobody was disagreeing with you?
                            Last edited by GrinCDXX; 11-10-2016, 11:13 AM.

Comment

You mean like Roe v. Wade is going anywhere?

Both are talismans waived to rally the masses.
                              Roe v Wade isn't a constitutional amendment. All it takes is a conservative and partisan enough court.

Comment

I'm not really worried about a total ban, certainly not at this point. I don't really want to see any gun regulations passed though. All they do is jam up decent people and don't make society any safer.
                                This is balderdash. I passed a background check in minutes at Cabelas. Honest question, what regulations do you think jam up the consumer?
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X