Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Madame President -- it's over. Can we refer to them as 42 & 45 now? can 45 > 42?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Madame President -- it's over. Can we refer to them as 42 & 45 now? can 45 > 42?

Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
    Um, didn't you ever mix your Play-Doh? Red and Blue make Purple......
    thoroughly missed that
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Re: Madame President -- it's over. Can we refer to them as 42 & 45 now? can 45 > 42?

Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
      Um, didn't you ever mix your Play-Doh?
      He ate most of it.
      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
        He ate most of it.
        Non-Toxic!
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

He ate most of it.
          jell-o maybe

not play-doh
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

So, does HRC receive a Presidential pardon?

I hope so, I'd like to see us all move forward together to solving problems, not to re-litigate the past.

If I'm DJT, I probably want BHO to issue her a blanket pardon, both for emails and for Clinton Foundation pay-to-play, so that I don't have to make a decision on what to do. There are far more important matters that require undivided attention.
            "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post

I hope so, I'd like to see us all move forward together to solving problems, not to re-litigate the past.

If I'm DJT, I probably want BHO to issue her a blanket pardon, both for emails and for Clinton Foundation pay-to-play, so that I don't have to make a decision on what to do. There are far more important matters that require undivided attention.
              Of course you do. Then all the right wing nut jobs can blame Obama for Hillary not being in jail. Never mind that there's never been a "there" there to warrant a pardon.

Comment

I've heard more folks say go after Hilary, throw her in jail etc. Last I knew the US wasn't a Banana republic ,let her ride off into the sunset
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post

I'd have a quiet chat with her, Bill, the AG, and their lawyers. The AG would lay out all the evidence against her and Bill & the Foundation and tell them that if they go quietly into the night these papers will never see the light of day.

Screw up and you and Chelsea will be ruined.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

They don't have anything on her so tell them to pound sand if they want a deal. Love FF triying to sound like he's reaching across the aisle. With all due respect...

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                      They don't have anything on her so tell them to pound sand if they want a deal. Love FF triying to sound like he's reaching across the aisle. With all due respect...
                      My sentiments exactly. Innuendo works with idiot voters, but that will get them nothing in a court of law.

Comment

I wonder if all those countries and potentates that donated to the Foundation are going to ask for a refund?
                        Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                          I've heard more folks say go after Hilary, throw her in jail etc. Last I knew the US wasn't a Banana republic ,let her ride off into the sunset
                          While I understand that sentiment, it would consume time, attention, and resources better used elsewhere. I realize some people say she doesn't "need" a pardon because she didn't do anything wrong; but I'm talking about short-circuiting the investigative process entirely. Ford pardoned Nixon; GHWB pardoned Weinberger; in both cases it was to stop the investigations from distracting with moving forward under a new administration.

Whether or not she may "deserve" to be prosecuted, cut her a deal as joecct suggested: we'll give you blanket immunity for emails and Clinton Foundation and in return you retire from public life.
                          "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

I'm not a fashion critic, and I'm probably reading too much in, but why the purple today (Hillary jacket and Bill's tie too)?

Some sort of subliminal appeal to "purple" states and unity?
                            I can't believe I'm saying this, but I heard a commentator notice this and opine that purple conveys calm and a forward-looking perspective.

Personally, purple makes me think of this.

Reason #483 that sex symbols born after 1950 shouldn't even have bothered.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

During ancient times purple was the color of royalty because it was a very expensive color to produce. For a long time it required some element of a sea creature (forget which creature and which element). After that it carried on as a royal color for some time as a matter of tradition. Perhaps she was trying to convey a sense of dignity in her resignation, or saying that the [throne] should rightfully be hers.

Or perhaps she just likes the color purple.
                              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                                During ancient times purple was the color of royalty because it was a very expensive color to produce. For a long time it required some element of a sea creature (forget which creature and which element). After that it carried on as a royal color for some time as a matter of tradition. Perhaps she was trying to convey a sense of dignity in her resignation, or saying that the [throne] should rightfully be hers.

Or perhaps she just likes the color purple.
                                Or it was the last clean outfit she had.

Comment

Working...
                                X