DIII game notes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: DIII game notes

[QUOTE=Call It;6424678]Anyone see the Adrian Concordia game? Concordia had them 4-4 going into the 3rd. I don't think Adrian is a top 4 team.[/QUOTEr

Adrian took Plattsburgh to overtime and beat Elmira. It doesn't matter that Concordia had Adrian 4-4 going into the 3rd. Who won the game? Adrian. UW River Falls lost to UW Eau Claire earlier in the year, are THEY not a top 4 team? Adrian also won 7-0 the night before. I'm sure they probably went into this game thinking it would be much of the same and clearly, Concordia surprised them. I think the fact that Adrian managed to pull off the win after being down 4-1 is EXACTLY why they are a top 4 teams. Not many teams in DIII can overcome being down that many goals and come back and win, not just settle for a tie.

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post

That said, when two top-quality teams face off, running up the score is acceptable. If Plattsburgh plays like **** against Elmira or Norwich, I fully expect them to try to beat Plattsburgh as badly as possible, just as it is totally fine that Plattsburgh bet Elmira 7-1 last year and put 9 in the net against Norwich in the final game of 2014.
      Plattsburgh also scored seven once against Norwich and didn't win the game.

I miss those days.
      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
      GO LAKERS!!!
      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by Call It View Post
        Anyone see the Adrian Concordia game? Concordia had them 4-4 going into the 3rd. I don't think Adrian is a top 4 team.
        When a team's only two losses are to the clear #1 team in the country (one being OT) not sure how they aren't considered a top 4 team. At this point, given the results I'd say they could be considered the #2 team in the country. I give them a ton of credit for heading out east twice this season. Wish all the schools had the budgets to be able make those trips. Would be nice to see more in-season east/west games like that.

Also, as for teams running up the score, I have zero issue with it so long as they are rolling their lines. My daughter played on some awful teams early in her hockey life and I know she'd prefer to lose 15-0 than have it be 6-0 and have the other team just playing keep away the entire time. Far worse in her mind.

Comment

Elmira leads Williams 6-1 after 2.
          Plattsburgh CARDINALS
          SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
          ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
          NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
          NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
          NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
          NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Plattsburgh 6-2 win over Utica. Both Sheeran and Meneghin left the game injured (hey, didn't that happen in the first game against Utica last year?). Utica player should have been tossed for the hit on Sheeran. Meneghin's was a blocked shot that caught the exposed part of her forearm.

On a more positive note, Crandell scored her first goal as a Cardinal, and notched 3 Assists to go along with it.
            Plattsburgh CARDINALS
            SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23

Comment

Plattsburgh 6-2 win over Utica. Both Sheeran and Meneghin left the game injured (hey, didn't that happen in the first game against Utica last year?). Utica player should have been tossed for the hit on Sheeran. Meneghin's was a blocked shot that caught the exposed part of her forearm.

On a more positive note, Crandell scored her first goal as a Cardinal, and notched 3 Assists to go along with it.
              Two very good offensive players that have the toughness of a Boston Cream Doughnut! She gets hit last week and whining, she gets hit today and more whining. What was the penalty given for the hit? Any video?

Comment

Two very good offensive players that have the toughness of a Boston Cream Doughnut! She gets hit last week and whining, she gets hit today and more whining. What was the penalty given for the hit? Any video?
                No penalty was given for the hit, which is inexplicable. I have no video available to show, and we all know that you will disregard my eye-witness testimony, so I'm not even going to bother entertaining any more discussion on this subject with a troll like you
                Plattsburgh CARDINALS

Comment

I did not see the hit today...but I did see the one last week and it was bad...WHINING ?? You want to see video ? Buy the DVD's from NSN sports for $23.00 each.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                    I did not see the hit today...but I did see the one last week and it was bad...WHINING ?? You want to see video ? Buy the DVD's from NSN sports for $23.00 each.
                    $23! I can't imagine they sell many at that high price. I bet if they charged only $10- $15 they'd sell a ton. Charge less and sell more of them. Not a hard concept.

Comment

No penalty was given for the hit, which is inexplicable. I have no video available to show, and we all know that you will disregard my eye-witness testimony, so I'm not even going to bother entertaining any more discussion on this subject with a troll like you
                      When your team/league keeps getting beat up by Plattsburgh, I can understand the whinning......
                      Remy Babineaux
                      remyb616@gmail.com
                      D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                        When your team/league keeps getting beat up by Plattsburgh, I can understand the whinning......
                        I only hear Platty whining. And getting beat up by Platt... um you are the ones getting beat up, cupcake.

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                          I can't afford 23 bucks until my tax cuts kick in. However I will watch today's game, split screen of course with another game and football. Probably more football but I'll try.

Comment

What whining are you talking about? And I suppose the crutches she was on after the game were some sort of "whining" too, right? As for Meneghin, let's see you get in front of a puck and block it with your arm..
                            Last edited by spwood; 01-22-2017, 01:16 PM.
                            Steve
                            Penn State Class of '95
                            Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Plattsburgh wins 3-1 over Utica. Utica hit the pipe at least 3 times in that game, so one can only hope the Cardinals take this as another wake-up-call. Meneghin played (I guess the x-rays were negative?) and notched both of Plattsburgh's non-empty-net goals (and missed an empty net shot from the neutral zone that would have given her the hat trick). Crandell with an ENG to follow up her first goal of the season yesterday.

Sheeran was in crutches in the stands today, as was anticipated.
                              Plattsburgh CARDINALS

Comment

• Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
                                Plattsburgh wins 3-1 over Utica. Utica hit the pipe at least 3 times in that game, so one can only hope the Cardinals take this as another wake-up-call. Meneghin played (I guess the x-rays were negative?) and notched both of Plattsburgh's non-empty-net goals (and missed an empty net shot from the neutral zone that would have given her the hat trick). Crandell with an ENG to follow up her first goal of the season yesterday.

Sheeran was in crutches in the stands today, as was anticipated.
                                Cupcake

(tic)
                                Remy Babineaux
                                remyb616@gmail.com
                                D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Working...
                                X