• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: DIII game notes

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
    Cupcake

(tic)
    be with you tomorrow currently at a bar making America Great Again... huge Steelers Fan! Did watch a lot of this game because the Packers stink.

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
      Plattsburgh wins 3-1 over Utica. Utica hit the pipe at least 3 times in that game, so one can only hope the Cardinals take this as another wake-up-call. Meneghin played (I guess the x-rays were negative?) and notched both of Plattsburgh's non-empty-net goals (and missed an empty net shot from the neutral zone that would have given her the hat trick). Crandell with an ENG to follow up her first goal of the season yesterday.

Sheeran was in crutches in the stands today, as was anticipated.
      Any idea if she can make it back this season?

Comment

Originally posted by Call It View Post
        Two very good offensive players that have the toughness of a Boston Cream Doughnut! She gets hit last week and whining, she gets hit today and more whining. What was the penalty given for the hit? Any video?
        If you think Mehnighan is soft... sorry, but you are clearly completely clueless.

Comment

be with you tomorrow currently at a bar making America Great Again... huge Steelers Fan! Did watch a lot of this game because the Packers stink.
          Another "Yuge" Steelers fan? LOL. They really came to play last night. That whole team is Soft as a Boston Crème Donut.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcat View Post
            Another "Yuge" Steelers fan? LOL. They really came to play last night. That whole team is Soft as a Boston Crème Donut.
            Saw that one coming.....
            Steve
            Penn State Class of '95
            Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Originally posted by bearcat View Post
              I can't disagree, till next year

Comment

Platt is very beatable this year. I didn't realize 9 scored both goals, the first one was a shot from the point that was wide and hit her in the pants and went in. The 2nd one was a typicall 9 goal, floats around and the puck pops out to her for a breakaway. She gets away with it on Platt but other teams her style would not work because that type of play would be to high risk low reward. I really don't think she is a top 5 forward in the country. She had two goals yesterday but she wasn't very good in the game. I would take Lipson over her. For teams that play Platt, play them physical... they hate it because they are soft. In corner battles, I saw some chippiness from Platt because of the battles. Don't take penalties, their PP is good. And shot, goalie gets to much credit.

Yesterday was a very entertaining game. Utica had chances to win. One shift in the 3rd Platt was in their own end for 2 min or more. How many post were hit in this one? I think Platt had 2 and UC had 4. The speed and flow was very quick. One thing Platt does really well is transition, they are very quick from D to offense. There was some undisciplined penalties both teams. One that rings a bell is Platt's 9 had WWF take down on a player (again play them tough). All in all Platt is good but they can be beat this year. Maybe they win it all maybe they don't... not a sure thing this year. No whining if they don't, cupcakes!

Comment

Platt is very beatable this year. I didn't realize 9 scored both goals, the first one was a shot from the point that was wide and hit her in the pants and went in. The 2nd one was a typicall 9 goal, floats around and the puck pops out to her for a breakaway. She gets away with it on Platt but other teams her style would not work because that type of play would be to high risk low reward. I really don't think she is a top 5 forward in the country. She had two goals yesterday but she wasn't very good in the game. I would take Lipson over her. For teams that play Platt, play them physical... they hate it because they are soft. In corner battles, I saw some chippiness from Platt because of the battles. Don't take penalties, their PP is good. And shot, goalie gets to much credit.

Yesterday was a very entertaining game. Utica had chances to win. One shift in the 3rd Platt was in their own end for 2 min or more. How many post were hit in this one? I think Platt had 2 and UC had 4. The speed and flow was very quick. One thing Platt does really well is transition, they are very quick from D to offense. There was some undisciplined penalties both teams. One that rings a bell is Platt's 9 had WWF take down on a player (again play them tough). All in all Platt is good but they can be beat this year. Maybe they win it all maybe they don't... not a sure thing this year. No whining if they don't, cupcakes!
                  U want 'chippy' bordering on dirty??...Then Utica's ur team [saw the Williams game last year...assault and battery could have been called several times on Utica].

As for Platts #9...she's from Clifton, NJ. Trust me, she can handle the rough stuff just fine. And as far as being a 'top 5' player....I could see maybe if this was a one year 'fluke' but this is year #3 of being a top scorer...so the proof is in the pudding with that kid.

Comment

Platt is very beatable this year.
                    At 16-1, I'm not sure very is the right word... They are 6-1 against ranked teams, 5-0 against teams ranked in the top 5. They are the only team to beat #3 Norwich (twice) and #4 Adrian (also twice). Can they lose a game? Oswego sure thinks so. Are they very beatable? I haven't seen that yet. You dislike Plattsburgh. That's clear. I'm not sure if they'll win the title or not either, but I would take them over the field at this point.

No whining if they don't, cupcakes!
                    And then you have to end with this. The only person whining around here is you. Most of your points are good discussion and debate. You don't need the name calling.
                    Steve
                    Penn State Class of '95
                    Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Utica did two things well. Clog up the middle in Dzone and their Sunday goalie was very good. Other than that, they were outshot 73 to 31 with 15 penalties for 30 minutes for the weekend. If teams want to bang bodies, go for it. Platts PP is very good. Teams have a hard time scoring with 5 on 5, so good luck with that if they're killing 30 minutes of penalties.

Comment

Originally posted by CrossCheck View Post
                        U want 'chippy' bordering on dirty??...Then Utica's ur team [saw the Williams game last year...assault and battery could have been called several times on Utica].

As for Platts #9...she's from Clifton, NJ. Trust me, she can handle the rough stuff just fine. And as far as being a 'top 5' player....I could see maybe if this was a one year 'fluke' but this is year #3 of being a top scorer...so the proof is in the pudding with that kid.
                        Stats in D3 are so askew, padding stats against Chatham. C'mon!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bar Down View Post
                          Utica did two things well. Clog up the middle in Dzone and their Sunday goalie was very good. Other than that, they were outshot 73 to 31 with 15 penalties for 30 minutes for the weekend. If teams want to bang bodies, go for it. Platts PP is very good. Teams have a hard time scoring with 5 on 5, so good luck with that if they're killing 30 minutes of penalties.
                          The whole rink is a middle, it's 15' to short per their website.

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
                            And then you have to end with this. The only person whining around here is you. Most of your points are good discussion and debate. You don't need the name calling.
                            LOL!

You understand why most of D3 doesn't like Platt?

I mean, I think Platt is good and have tremendous respect for Houle but you guys...

Comment

LOL!

You understand why most of D3 doesn't like Platt?

I mean, I think Platt is good and have tremendous respect for Houle but you guys...
                              If you were in advertising....you would be fined for making statements without quoting the facts to back the claim....Please provide facts to the claim that "MOST" of D3 doesn't like Platt.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                                If you were in advertising....you would be fined for making statements without quoting the facts to back the claim....Please provide facts to the claim that "MOST" of D3 doesn't like Platt.

I think he's saying if someone else wins the National Championship this year, not too many people are going to lose sleep about it besides Platty and their supporters. Lots of people probably think 3 in a row and 5 total is plenty. Time for someone new to win it all, and I don't mean Elmira, Middlebury, Amherst, or Norwich. Besides those teams, nobody else has won the D3 championship except RIT, but I don't think anybody cares about or counts that one since they had been telling their recruits for a few years that the program was moving up to D1 "very soon" (is that considered cheating or just unethical?!), so it's hard to consider them as a real D3 team.

National Championships:

Plattsburgh, 5
                                Elmira, 3
                                Middlebury, 3
                                Amherst, 2
                                Norwich, 1
                                (RIT, 1)

So the question is, who else has the best chance to win it all besides those real D3 teams? Predictions, guesses, or wishes/hopes anyone?

Comment

Working...
                                X