Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: DIII game notes

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
    The only people who feel ill will towards Canadian / Foreign students are the parents of Susie who had her spot on the roster and or playing time taken by Jenny from Mississauga Ontario...

The State and US government could save hundreds of times more in many other areas than allowing kids to get an EDUCATION at the SAME COST (not cheaper) than a US student. The money spent and or saved in foreign student education is so small compared to other things the government wastes its money on.

And yes, women's hockey in Canada is deeper and better overall than US. Get over it. The US has some great players yes, but the hockey pool is larger, deeper and overall better in Canada.
    Here, here...well stated.

Comment

• That girl Jenny from Mississauga is the problem that's for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
        That girl Jenny from Mississauga is the problem that's for sure!
        Jenny from Mississauga is a problem up here as well. Jane from Oakville didn't get an offer to play in the U.S. at all so her folks go around bashing DIII hockey.....and U.S. universities in general.

Comment

Originally posted by GTOWN View Post
          As for the earlier question about what degrees aren't recognized: at least a few girls have taken education degrees that need significant tweaking when they get back across the border. Typically another year or two of courses to make sure the requirements "match up".
          The education major at many schools is not a portable degree. It may meet the requirements for licensure/certification in the state in which the school is located, but maybe not anywhere else. Many states are now requiring that if you are going to teach there, you need to have a major in an academic discipline, and not a major in education. It is an ongoing discussion at many schools. The issue is that a student planning to teach in a particular region needs to know what the requirement are in the intended area.
          2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
          2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
          2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
          2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

• Originally posted by NUProf View Post
            The education major at many schools is not a portable degree. It may meet the requirements for licensure/certification in the state in which the school is located, but maybe not anywhere else. Many states are now requiring that if you are going to teach there, you need to have a major in an academic discipline, and not a major in education. It is an ongoing discussion at many schools. The issue is that a student planning to teach in a particular region needs to know what the requirement are in the intended area.
            Every state has their own requirements for teaching. Wisconsin required a major and a minor in a "real" field with another minor in education. I, for instance, majored in biology and minored in chemistry and then entered the education program. Since UWS was on the border with Minnesota they had their program aligned to meet Minnesota requirements as well but I had to take extra tests. Arizona happily accepted my teaching license from Wisconsin cuz in Arizona if you can breathe and walk at the same time, you can become a teacher, but I had to take SEI classes which cover the states laws on English as a 2nd language and strategies for teaching non-native speakers. I had looked at going to Alaska to teach, I would have had to take a year of Alaskan history.

Most states have some form of reciprocity with other states. But for sure you would have issues going from a US institution to Canada as their guidelines are different, but truly that is the students fault for not knowing what the requirements were when they got into it.
            UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
            NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
            Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

• Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
              The only people who feel ill will towards Canadian / Foreign students are the parents of Susie who had her spot on the roster and or playing time taken by Jenny from Mississauga Ontario...

I feel we could make a parody of a Beyoncé song with Jenny from Mississauga. I'll pitch it to Weird Al. Lol
              UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

• Originally posted by gojackets View Post
                I feel we could make a parody of a Beyoncé song with Jenny from Mississauga. I'll pitch it to Weird Al. Lol
                Or J Lo "Jenny from the Block"....
                Remy Babineaux
                remyb616@gmail.com
                D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Lake Forest and Adrian tied at 3 going into the 3rd

Adrian outshooting LFC 37-10
                  Last edited by gojackets; 02-17-2017, 08:38 PM.
                  UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

Plattsburgh wins 3-0 in Buffalo. Camille Leonard now stands alone as the first DIII women's hockey goalie with 70 career wins, AND she gets within 2 of Aveson's DIII Women's record of 31 shutouts.
                    Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                    SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                    ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                    NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                    NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                    NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                    NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

• Originally posted by gojackets View Post
                      Lake Forest and Adrian tied at 3 going into the 3rd

Adrian outshooting LFC 37-10
                      Adrian pulls it out 5-4. Game was intense. Should be a good one tomorrow.
                      UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

Hamilton v Conn Coll 0-0 tie, only 2 stars given in this one.
                        Adrian Wins 5-4 over Lake Forest, is LF a top 10 team? I don't think so, if not 4 for 8 on powerplay than this one is a blow out
                        Endicott beat Salem State 3-0, they should be moving up in the polls (that's sarcasm, Endicott hasn't beaten anyone that's any good!)
                        Oswego loses 3-1 to William Smith. The win vs Platt can only take you so far, they need to fall in the rankings. They might end up in 5th place in their conference.

Comment

• Originally posted by Call It View Post
                          Hamilton v Conn Coll 0-0 tie, only 2 stars given in this one.
                          Adrian Wins 5-4 over Lake Forest, is LF a top 10 team? I don't think so, if not 4 for 8 on powerplay than this one is a blow out
                          Endicott beat Salem State 3-0, they should be moving up in the polls (that's sarcasm, Endicott hasn't beaten anyone that's any good!)
                          Oswego loses 3-1 to William Smith. The win vs Platt can only take you so far, they need to fall in the rankings. They might end up in 5th place in their conference.
                          Conn....no comment.
                          4 of 8 on the PP is pretty impressive, but that doesn't make LF top 10.
                          Sarcasm understood by all. No need to explain it...kinda defeats the purpose.
                          Oswego and Utica will win today and finish tied for 3rd/4th (no idea who wins the tiebreaker...they split with each other), and Buffalo will lose and drop from 3rd to 5th.

Comment

Originally posted by Call It View Post
                            Oswego outshot William Smith 56-19. Kinda reminds me of the game they were outshot by Plattsburgh 50-18 but still won the game!

In today's game, Oswego outshoots William Smith 59-18 and the game ends in a 1-1 tie. I think I smell a POTW award for Maggie Salmon. 113 saves and a .982 save percentage this weekend....
                            Last edited by spwood; 02-18-2017, 03:14 PM. Reason: Added today's game to the post...
                            Steve
                            Penn State Class of '95
                            Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Plattsburgh and Buff State tied at 2 after 2 periods. Plattsburgh outshooting Buffalo 32-15.

Edit: Tied at 3 midway through the 3rd. Plattsburgh up on shots 41-23 but Buffalo was able to answer the Meneghin goal in the 3rd.

Edit 2: Going into OT tied at 3.
                              Last edited by Scott_TG; 02-18-2017, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Buffalo State skates to a 3-3 tie with Plattsburgh. Plattsburgh finished with 42-24 lead in shots but can't put the Bengals away. Finishes the regular season 23-1-1. On to the ECAC West tourney.

Comment

Working...
                                X