Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122

Thread: DIII game notes

Do You Believe in Miracles? YES!!!

Re: DIII game notes

Quote Originally Posted by Scott_TG View Post
    Buffalo State skates to a 3-3 tie with Plattsburgh. Plattsburgh finished with 42-24 lead in shots but can't put the Bengals away. Finishes the regular season 23-1-1. On to the ECAC West tourney.
    Camille Leonard did not play today...
    Steve
    Penn State Class of '95
    Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Look what ECAC West just tweeted... is this correct?

ECAC DIII Hockey ‏@ECACDIIIHockey 11m11 minutes ago
    More
    With @OswegoAthletics and @bscathletics both tying today, the Bengals earn the 3 seed and Oswego the 4 seed in the #ECACWWH Tourn. #d3hky

Quote Originally Posted by Call It View Post

More
    With @OswegoAthletics and @bscathletics both tying today, the Bengals earn the 3 seed and Oswego the 4 seed in the #ECACWWH Tourn. #d3hky
    I think Oswego slips to 5th in the ECAC West and should be immediately removed from the top 10

Nate LePage, Siena '13 CARDS_rule_the_Burgh's Avatar

More
    The elusive super-secret constantly-changing ECACWW tiebreakers rear their ugly heads yet again!

Hamilton v Conn Coll 0-0 tie, only 2 stars given in this one.
    Adrian Wins 5-4 over Lake Forest, is LF a top 10 team? I don't think so, if not 4 for 8 on powerplay than this one is a blow out
    I watched last nights game. The announcers kept commenting about how they'd never seen such a fast paced game. Adrian has some incredible speed and Lake Forest hung with them last night, but probably ran out of gas today. The stat would make you think the majority of the game was played in the Lake Forest zone but it wasn't. There was a lot of back and forth action, but the Adrian defense was very quick to the pick and quick at breaking up plays. They also blocked a ton of shots.
    Lake Forest is a good team, but Adrian is better. However I'd put Lake Forest up against Middlebury, Elmira, Norwich any day.

Quote Originally Posted by spwood View Post
    Camille Leonard did not play today...
    Plattsburgh and Oswego can't be happy finishing the regular season on a low note like that. Plattsburgh will use it to their motivational advantage. Oswego, probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by gojackets View Post
    Scholarships are not paid with tax money. The majority of scholarships come from endowment funds, which are donations to the school. The school I went to had a tuition waiver program, where any out of state resident, which included Canadians and Sri Lankans, had the out of state tuition waived and were only charged in state tuition. But again, that program was set up through a government assistance program and I believe was allowed at all state schools. That isn't a "scholarship" however. Furthermore, in general it helps the college to be able to show that it gets students from all over the world, which makes it more notable, and draws in more students from out of state.

My parents struggled to make ends meet, I had to pay for my own college (- the scholarships I received for being smart) and I feel no ill will towards the hockey players who came from Canada on tuition waivers. Many of whom are also US citizens now, as well.
    Soooooooo....scholarships are not paid with tax money??? maybe not in Canada where money flows from every Unicorn's butt, but in the States....And in particular if you are talking about a STATE SCHOOL....where the #$^^$% do you think that money comes from, Genius?? Wow....keep trying there Gomer.

Quote Originally Posted by shelfit View Post
    Conn....no comment.
    4 of 8 on the PP is pretty impressive, but that doesn't make LF top 10.
    Sarcasm understood by all. No need to explain it...kinda defeats the purpose.
    Oswego and Utica will win today and finish tied for 3rd/4th (no idea who wins the tiebreaker...they split with each other), and Buffalo will lose and drop from 3rd to 5th.

Ok, here's a 'comment'....Conn beat the then 1st place team in the Conf, a team ranked #8 [Conn was not then ranked]...out played Hamilton all game, and killed off 2 late penalties, one with about 3 min to go and the other in the OT....Then for an encore, they absolutely destroyed Hamilton 5-1, scoring 5 goals on one of the best defenses in the entire country...and ended up with the #2 seed [highest in program history]. Anyway...that's the comment.

Quote Originally Posted by CrossCheck View Post
    Soooooooo....scholarships are not paid with tax money??? maybe not in Canada where money flows from every Unicorn's butt, but in the States....And in particular if you are talking about a STATE SCHOOL....where the #$^^$% do you think that money comes from, Genius?? Wow....keep trying there Gomer.
    I'm really not going to take the time to explain to you how endowments and scholarship funds work.

While at UWS I received three scholarships. None of those scholarships were paid with tax money. All 3 were from scholarship funds that were started with donations to the college. Its really not that hard honey. Use that NESCAC education you hypothetically got.
    UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
    NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
    Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Ok, here's a 'comment'....Conn beat the then 1st place team in the Conf, a team ranked #8 [Conn was not then ranked]...out played Hamilton all game, and killed off 2 late penalties, one with about 3 min to go and the other in the OT....Then for an encore, they absolutely destroyed Hamilton 5-1, scoring 5 goals on one of the best defenses in the entire country...and ended up with the #2 seed [highest in program history]. Anyway...that's the comment.
    I hope your daughter is enjoying her time at Conn.

I'm really not going to take the time to explain to you how endowments and scholarship funds work.

While at UWS I received three scholarships. None of those scholarships were paid with tax money. All 3 were from scholarship funds that were started with donations to the college. Its really not that hard honey. Use that NESCAC education you hypothetically got.

Gomer, if I have to explain to you how a State school gets 99% of their money, then truly, you may actually be dumber than i thought. Take a look at these giant "endowments" at places like Platty, Cortland, Oswego and other State schools. You're simply high

Gomer, if I have to explain to you how a State school gets 99% of their money, then truly, you may actually be dumber than i thought. Take a look at these giant "endowments" at places like Platty, Cortland, Oswego and other State schools. You're simply high
    Oh honey...now you are talking about school funding and not scholarships. Which one would you prefer to discuss because you are wrong on both accounts sweetie.

Oh honey...now you are talking about school funding and not scholarships. Which one would you prefer to discuss because you are wrong on both accounts sweetie.
    You two are such a cute couple. I hear wedding bells in your future.

Quote Originally Posted by shelfit View Post
    You two are such a cute couple. I hear wedding bells in your future.
    It's just harmless flirting.

It's just harmless flirting.
    There's no such thing.

When will a major shake-up happen in the west with conference affiliations? The WIAC women need to do something soon, the growing NCHA will need to figure out scheduling (East - West) and the MIAC could use a change.

Quote Originally Posted by 123kidd View Post
    When will a major shake-up happen in the west with conference affiliations? The WIAC women need to do something soon, the growing NCHA will need to figure out scheduling (East - West) and the MIAC could use a change.
    I was thinking about that too. I don't think anything will happen with the MIAC. St Scholastica doesn't really fit in with the NCHA anymore. . . With the addition of Aurora and Trine. Aurora is 8 hours from Duluth, Trine is 10. I would assume that the NCHA will go to divisions like they have on the men's side, but they've got 10teams.

You'd have Adrian, Trine, Aurora, Lake Forest, Concordia, in the south division and CSS, Northland, Finlandia, St Norbert, Marian in the north. That sets up for some real crap scheduling...and one team in the "north division will have a very inflated record. I'm sure some of the top teams in the NCHA would like to get rid of the bottom feeders that kill their SOS. Not that the WIAC schools want them either but pull CSS, Northland, Finlandia to the WIACand get to 7 teams.

I really just don't think there is enough talent (and commitment/care from the Schools) in the Midwest to support this many teams and it really hurts the teams that want to be contenders.
    Last edited by gojackets; Yesterday at 02:28 PM.

Thread Information