Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: DIII game notes

Originally posted by gojackets View Post
    If they are going to host the NCAA tournament...they better get an upgrade.
    The NCAA takes care of the broadcast so I don't think that would impact a bid by UWRF. As for them hosting, I'm still holding out hope for Adrian as I'd much rather drive to MI than the hassle of flying to Minneapolis.

Comment

• Originally posted by icehawk View Post
      Watched St Thomas beat Hamline Friday night as we were in town to watch my daughter and the Cobber's play Augsburg Saturday. St Thomas dominated that game and they are playing their best hockey at the right time. If I was a betting man I'd put it all on St Thomas beating Augsburg. They are rolling. As far as my daughter and the Cobber's go it was a game that could of went either way. 2 evenly matched teams. Tough to see it end for the 7 seniors including my daughter. Those 4 years flew by.
      And St Thomas gets it done.
      Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Bump
        Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
        Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
        Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

My predictions for today:

Plattsburgh wins fairly easily over STU.
          Middlebury squeaks one out over Norwich.
          Elmira wins in OT on the PP over Adrian.

I would have guessed RF over GAC last night, so I'm 0 for 1.

Anyone else?

Comment

For any who had issues with the video feed early-on from Adrian, a new link has been provided...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5K8meiU0pQ&t=0s

Adrian just Knotted-it at 2.

Cheers!!!
            TTF
            Dave
            RIT - '90

Comment

• Originally posted by shelfit View Post
              My predictions for today:

Plattsburgh wins fairly easily over STU.
              Middlebury squeaks one out over Norwich.
              Elmira wins in OT on the PP over Adrian.

I would have guessed RF over GAC last night, so I'm 0 for 1.

Anyone else?
              The Tommies are proving me way wrong with 2 PP goals in the 2nd period to come back from a 2-0 deficit after the 1st period. This is a tough battle for Plattsburgh so far although they are now ahead 3-2 after two periods of play on a beautiful pass and redirect play late in the 2nd period giving them back the momentum heading into the 3rd period. Should be fun to watch.

Also Middlebury scores late in the 2nd period to take a 3-2 lead over Norwich.

And at Adrian it's Elmira that is having more penalty trouble than the host Bulldogs who have 2 PP goals in a row to take a 3-2 lead going into the 3rd. Video quality of this game is awfully fuzzy unless it's one of the closer cameras they have.

EDIT: Well, I'm glad I didn't place any bets on my predictions. Lol. I barely got one right. Ok, new prediction for the semis.....Plattsburgh and Adrian will both win! That will set up a very interesting final. Can hardly wait!
              Last edited by shelfit; 03-11-2017, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Adrian wins it!! Shroka of with the goal. announcers said Adrian is hosting next weekend.
                UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
                NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
                Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

• Originally posted by gojackets View Post
                  Adrian wins it!! Shroka of with the goal. announcers said Adrian is hosting next weekend.
                  Yes, and he also said Adrian will face "Gustaph Adolphson" a couple of times so at least his mispronunciation was consistent! Lol.

The pace of the game at Middlebury looks so much slower than the other two games today (didn't see last night's game). I think it's the Olympic sized rink that causes that, plus so many more missed passes, etc. I don't think that size rink is the best fit for D3 women's hockey.
                  Last edited by shelfit; 03-11-2017, 04:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X