Diii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diii

Anyone know the results of Elmira's exhibition game played yesterday?

Re: Diii

Apparently it was all a figment of everybody's imagination. Nothing anywhere.

St Catherine's beat Lake Forest 3-2 in OT yesterday as well.
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post

Judging by the shots, LF probably dominated, but couldn't put the puck in the net. Looks like it might be a long season for them now that Greenway has graduated.

Comment

MIAC teams might be improved this year. Gustavus now healthy, St. Thomas recruited very well, and young teams near the bottom of the league now have some experience. St. Mary's & St. Ben's went 2-0, St. Olaf went 1-1 against #11 UWSP, and every team that played at least got a split over the weekend. And that's without three of the better teams playing, Concordia, Gustavus and St. Thomas.

Nobody's saying the MIAC can throw down against Plattsburgh, but the conference will likely be better this year.

Comment

Originally posted by MND3Dad View Post
          MIAC teams might be improved this year. Gustavus now healthy, St. Thomas recruited very well, and young teams near the bottom of the league now have some experience. St. Mary's & St. Ben's went 2-0, St. Olaf went 1-1 against #11 UWSP, and every team that played at least got a split over the weekend. And that's without three of the better teams playing, Concordia, Gustavus and St. Thomas.

Nobody's saying the MIAC can throw down against Plattsburgh, but the conference will likely be better this year.
          Looking west, with no real knowledge of the teams (save the finals and crossover tournaments of past seasons), it looked like River Falls dominated Bethel 4-0 with shots 42-12 on Saturday. Is River Falls becoming the western division of the Red Army?

Comment

HTI finally updated their site and it shows Elmira winning 2-1. Pretty gritty of the junior team to bounce back from a 5-0 loss to Plattsburgh to hold Elmira to just two goals (and score one of their own) the next night. They also tied Chatham. I'm interested to see what Adrian makes of HTI tomorrow.
            Last edited by Scott_TG; 11-01-2016, 06:51 AM.

Comment

I don't expect Adrian to show much of anything, seeing as how the girls are getting on a bus Thursday to go play at SNC on Friday night.
              FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

I don't expect Adrian to show much of anything, seeing as how the girls are getting on a bus Thursday to go play at SNC on Friday night.
                They're putting a team out against them so there will be something. And by virtue of tying Chatham, HTI is more accomplished in DIII hockey than Daniel Webster, so they'll need to show some effort or will be embarrassed.

I'm really rooting for Adrian this year as the NCAA final has to be at a western school this year and that would be the easiest destination for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
                  HTI finally updated their site and it shows Elmira winning 2-1. Pretty gritty of the junior team to bounce back from a 5-0 loss to Plattsburgh to hold Elmira to just two goals (and score one of their own) the next night. They also tied Chatham. I'm interested to see what Adrian makes of HTI tomorrow.
                  I have a feeling this might be a bit of a different season for Elmira with more losses than they are normally used to....just a hunch.

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                    I have a feeling this might be a bit of a different season for Elmira with more losses than they are normally used to....just a hunch.
                    I think that's a reasonable feeling but I still say that any team that underestimates Elmira does so at their own peril.

Comment

I think that's a reasonable feeling but I still say that any team that underestimates Elmira does so at their own peril.
                      I'll 2nd that. They have a lot of talent and skill on that team. And some of it was very young last year so I can see those younger players taking a leap forward this year and making an even bigger impact.

Comment

Originally posted by hieronymus View Post
                        I'll 2nd that. They have a lot of talent and skill on that team. And some of it was very young last year so I can see those younger players taking a leap forward this year and making an even bigger impact.
                        I think the real factor here is the loss of Dean Jackson as coach. They will suffer as a result of this change as he was a good game coach.

Comment

Anyone know why the Utica @ Lebanon Valley game was ppd?
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            Anyone know why the Utica @ Lebanon Valley game was ppd?
                            Maybe they're stalling because their goalie is still sore from making 78 saves against UMass Boston this past weekend?

Comment

Maybe they're stalling because their goalie is still sore from making 78 saves against UMass Boston this past weekend?
                              Or maybe it's because they only have 8 skaters and 3 goalies healthy enough to dress of their 16 players listed on their roster. It's hard to compete as a legit college team when you have fewer players than most beer league teams. That's what happens when you hire late and have your men's coach do all the recruiting for the first season even though he has no previous experience in women's hockey. Tough way to start or Coach Menard. I imagine she'll be clearing house there and bringing in her own players as soon as she can and nobody will be able to blame her. Unfortunately this year the team will probably resemble last year's Daniel Webster.
                              Last edited by shelfit; 11-02-2016, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X