Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
    Yes the refs cost you guys the game. haha good one

At least some things will never change with you sioux, whioux, bird fans.
    You Minnesota guys have a tough time with reading comprehension. Never said it was y we tied but it was one of the big reasons they were still in it in the end!

Fun game though!

Comment

• Re: Minnesota hosts North Dakota: Let the hate flow - 11/4-11/5

Originally posted by omahasioux1 View Post
      I think it was a sellout. I also think a lot of dicks lost their arse.
      Good. $120 for a college game is BS.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Most years a tie in Mariucci would be considered acceptable. Now they're on the ledge over on ss.com.

Personally, I think last night was good for B1G hockey. And we will all be better off once they gain a little respect.

Comment

Originally posted by Sioux-perDrunk View Post
          And Minnesotas Player of the game goes to the refs! Now i remember why we hate the goofs they dive more than any other team in the league
          That, and we have a winning record against you old Canadians.

I went over to SS to check out the game thread, and the Red River must be in flood stage with all the crying and whining going on over there.
          Last edited by Happy; 11-05-2016, 07:23 AM.
          XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
          Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Wish I could have watched, it sounds like it was a barn burner!

Comment

Siouxper fun game! First game I've seen this year. Gophers looked great and controlled a good portion of this game. Crisp passing, winning tons of battles and some great, high quality shots. A couple of softies to start but we recovered very nicely. On the other hand I imagine that the Sioux are better than what they showed last night and expect we'll need that same kind of effort tonight if we are to compete. Go Gophers!
              You hardly know a day goes by in a cardboard cutout sundown...

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                What's most interesting (at least to me) about this is that Minnesota counts the 8 (or so) wins against the uncoached club teams in between WWI and WWII, but they don't count the one loss and one tie. They also don't count the numerous wins that North Dakota's club team had over Minnesota's club team. Also, North Dakota's hockey program was founded in the 1946-1947 season.
                We don't count those club team wins because they make us look less fabulous. Besides, what would a rivalry be without minor discrepancies? Suffice to say it is a fantastic one. Nice to see you're back, fs23
                You hardly know a day goes by in a cardboard cutout sundown...

Comment

The relevant question now is whether wins against Big 10 schools are considered club team wins for PW purposes. After last night's embarrassing tie, I hope so.

Comment

The penalties were't solely responsible for the shot disparity nor the Gophers controlling most of the play, and certainly aren't why the Horn let in at least 2 soft goals.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sioux-perDrunk View Post
                      And Minnesotas Player of the game goes to the refs! Now i remember why we hate the goofs they dive more than any other team in the league
                      Glad to see you continue to live up to your name! Do you think anyone can teach Brad "Dingle" Berry to count to five by game time tonight? I see he learned from Hack Stool to keep trying to change his lines on a called icing.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                        The penalties were't solely responsible for the shot disparity nor the Gophers controlling most of the play, and certainly aren't why the Horn let in at least 2 soft goals.
                        2?

Jost scored a nice one.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
                          2?

That was a great effort, but our D needs to pin him on the boards and prevent that.

Comment

• Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                            That was a great effort, but our D needs to pin him on the boards and prevent that.
                            I don't disagree, but I think you might have missed my point

Comment

Breaking: The gophers men's hockey team gets in extra hour of practice due to late Saturday night start.
                              Last edited by willythekid; 11-05-2016, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
                                2?

I didn't like either of the first 2 goals even if one might have been screened, the Boeser goal was a very soft shot that trickled past as he moved too far to his left (and generally looked out of sorts) and the Jost goal he could easily have poke-checked the puck off his stick. A lot of blame on that goal goes to his teammates too though for failure to tie anyone up behind the net and Collins could have moved from the man he and (?) were doubled up on in front, but still. His positioning seems off in general and doesn't look very composed right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X