College Basketball 2016-17: Destination Phoenix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
    In honor of UNC's trip to the final four, I'm going to read nothing.
    I thought you would take a class in underwater basket weaving.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Re: College Basketball 2016-17: Destination Phoenix

Magadeath? That's ****ing brilliant.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
        UNC survives against Kentucky.
        What a remarkable ending!

Roy Williams makes a genius call at the end for not calling time out; it was Louisville's disorganization on defense that led to the wide-open game winner.
        "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Actually, if North Carolina wins out, I win the bracket pool with Fake Bracket.

I win the other yahoo pool I am in as well if North Carolina wins it all...by one point.

Comment

• Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
            Another interesting bit of Final Four trivia:

So far, there have been twelve instances in which both men's and women's teams made it to the Final Four in the same year. South Carolina and Oregon now have a chance to make it thirteen or fourteen.

Division I schools where both men’s and women’s basketball teams made it to the Final Four in the same year (absence of parenthetical comment means that team lost in Final Four):
            1983 Georgia
            1999 Duke (men beaten by UConn in Final, women beaten by Purdue in Final)
            2002 Oklahoma (women beaten by UConn in Final)
            2003 Texas
            2004 UConn (only Div I school to win both basketball titles in same year)
            2005 Michigan State (women beaten by Baylor in Final)
            2006 LSU
            2009 UConn (women win)
            2011 UConn (men win)
            2013 Louisville (men win, women beaten by UConn in Final)
            2014 UConn (only Div I school to win both basketball titles in same year, now twice)
            2016 Syracuse (women beaten by UConn in Final)
            2017? South Carolina? Oregon?

Four times have both the men’s and women’s teams reached the Final:
            1999 Duke (both beaten)
            2004 UConn (both won)
            2013 Louisville 2013 (men won, women beaten)
            2014 UConn (both won).
            Well, the Oregon women got steamrolled by UCONN.
            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

• Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
              Clinic on how to play. Cuts, picks, jumpshots and hit the open cutter. We played like that back in the 70s.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                Clinic on how to play. Cuts, picks, jumpshots and hit the open cutter. We played like that back in the 70s.
                They play Mississippi State next.

So Car women also advance, and they play Stanford next.

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                  UConn had 11 steals in the first half; Oregon did not have 11 field goals in the first half.

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  They set an all-time record for assists in a season. Almost every basket was off either an assist or a steal and breakaway layup.

Meanwhile, South Carolina women won; add their names to the list of Division I schools where both genders* teams made the Final Four in the same year.

* as far as I know, the NCAA still only recognizes two genders.....
                  Last edited by FreshFish; 03-28-2017, 10:36 AM.

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Detailed back story on UConn women training and fitness regimens. They coaches make the information public so that any other program can use the same ideas and techniques, if they want to.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/23/s...ent-uconn.html

During the tournament, the team's nutritionist designs the players' meals, which are then catered to her specifications. That's part of the reason you see them fresh in the 4th quarter when the other team starts to lag.

Comment

Kansas' Frank Mason III becomes the first player from that school to win the AP POY. A little surprised he was the first considering they've had some pretty good players there over the years. Wilt, Jo Jo White, Paul Pierce and Danny Manning come to mind.
                      A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                        Kansas' Frank Mason III becomes the first player from that school to win the AP POY. A little surprised he was the first considering they've had some pretty good players there over the years. Wilt, Jo Jo White, Paul Pierce and Danny Manning come to mind.
                        Is that for real?
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                          Is that for real?
                          Yup. I was watching the scroll on the bottom of SC this am and I had to see it twice to believe it.
                          A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

MissSt and UConn heading to OT! Since Stanford lost earlier in the day, that probably means MissSt will win, since Stanford a history of losing in the semis when the main power loses the other semifinal game.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

According to Geno, there's been a decrease in the number of female basketball coaches because "women just don't want to coach."

http://deadspin.com/geno-auriemma-on...hes-1793876637

Comment

Originally posted by french rage View Post
                                missst and uconn heading to ot! Since stanford lost earlier in the day, that probably means missst will win, since stanford a history of losing in the semis when the main power loses the other semifinal game.
                                UCONN loses! Hahahahahaha!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X