College Basketball 2016-17: Destination Phoenix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: College Basketball 2016-17: Destination Phoenix

It might be the first time in history that both teams lose.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
      Considering they play each other Sat and the winner advances to the F4 I'd say yes.
      I wasn't sure whether either of them had ever been to a previous Final Four....now I see confirmation that neither had before.
      "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
        I wasn't sure whether either of them had ever been to a previous Final Four....now I see confirmation that neither had before.
        It's all good.
        A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• South Carolina advances.

Wisconsin, however, loses a heartbreaker.
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Indiana hires Dayton's Archie Miller to be their b-ball coach.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...diana-hoosiers

Comment

10 seed Oregon moves on to the Elite Eight in the women's tournament. That Cinderella story is about to end, though, they've got UConn on Monday.

Quinnipiac's nice story is also on its last page. They're down 12-0 midway thru the first to one seed SoCar.
              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Kansas is out.
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Gonzaga and Oregon? Oh *ing eh football season better start soon...
                  U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                  Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                  But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                  Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                  Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

This year's tournament bracket hasn't come close to reaching the depths of the 2006 tournament. That year, only two people had one team in the Final Four, and no one had either Final Team.

Several people have Gonzaga and Oregon in the Final Four, not many though. If North Carolina wins today, there will be many more happy people; if Kentucky wins, a few more happy people. No one has Florida nor South Carolina going this far.

Our "lucky loser" has already been determined. We refund the "entry fee" to the lowest score.

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                      Kansas is out.
                      Taking nothing away from Oregon but Kansas picked the wrong day to play their worst game of the season. They couldn't throw the ball in the ocean.

Comment

Another interesting bit of Final Four trivia:

So far, there have been twelve instances in which both men's and women's teams made it to the Final Four in the same year. South Carolina and Oregon now have a chance to make it thirteen or fourteen.

Division I schools where both men’s and women’s basketball teams made it to the Final Four in the same year (absence of parenthetical comment means that team lost in Final Four):
                        1983 Georgia
                        1999 Duke (men beaten by UConn in Final, women beaten by Purdue in Final)
                        2002 Oklahoma (women beaten by UConn in Final)
                        2003 Texas
                        2004 UConn (only Div I school to win both basketball titles in same year)
                        2005 Michigan State (women beaten by Baylor in Final)
                        2006 LSU
                        2009 UConn (women win)
                        2011 UConn (men win)
                        2013 Louisville (men win, women beaten by UConn in Final)
                        2014 UConn (only Div I school to win both basketball titles in same year, now twice)
                        2016 Syracuse (women beaten by UConn in Final)
                        2017? South Carolina? Oregon?

Four times have both the men’s and women’s teams reached the Final:
                        1999 Duke (both beaten)
                        2004 UConn (both won)
                        2013 Louisville 2013 (men won, women beaten)
                        2014 UConn (both won).

Comment

• UNC survives against Kentucky.

Comment

• So, it's Gonzaga, UNC, Oregon, and South Carolina. I guess... go South Carolina?

Comment

• In the USCHO bracket, assuming Kepler named his bracket MAGAdeath, he will win comfortably.

Comment

In honor of UNC's trip to the final four, I'm going to read nothing.
                                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X